My Favorite Barbeque

Author
mountain traveler
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 135
2004/05/24 01:21:44 (permalink)

My Favorite Barbeque

If you're ever in the Smoky Mtns. of Tennessee stop at Smokin' Joes in Townsend, Tn. I love this place!! This has got to be some of the best barbeque I have ever ate. http://www.blountweb.com/smokinjoes/ This is my first post to this forum so I thought I'd share my favorite place with you all.

3 Replies Related Threads

Rapunzll
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 314
    RE: My Favorite Barbeque 2004/05/25 12:00:53 (permalink)
    I stayed in Townsend a few years ago and got an order to go from them. I thought it was good, but I am far from the bbq expert that so many here seem to be!
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15335
    RE: My Favorite Barbeque 2004/05/25 12:59:38 (permalink)
    RAP-
    No Experts here..just varying degrees of Fanaticism. I enjoy 'playing at cooking/smoking BBQ, but I much prefer to go out, and eat someone else's efforts. Some others here are nuts about the technique and details of perfecting the perfect QUE. Different Strokes is the guideline !!
    If you like it, it is good! No matter where you stand on what is great etc. It is a fun thing to compare notes with such a wide (no-pun)body of people --all with differing opinions !
    Milt
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 354
    RE: My Favorite Barbeque 2004/07/17 13:17:39 (permalink)
    We just returned from vacation, and a couple of weeks ago we ate at Fiorella's Jack Stack, 95th and Metcalf, Overland Park, KS. I think it is the best overall that I have experienced. We had an assortment of meats on the Roundup which my wife and son shared, and I ordered a combo plate of lamb ribs and beef brisket. We all three had beans, slaw, and bread as accompaniments. A lot of places do one or two items extremely well - but lamb ribs, beef brisket, sliced pork, pork ribs and chicken were all enjoyable.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1