My Favorite

Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Author
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18891
RE: My Favorite 2005/01/13 11:38:14 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by tiki

quote:
Originally posted by Zin Chef

In college everybody thought i was crazy to eat peaunt butter, mayonnaise, and tabasco on white bread.

Well no wonder, you left out the onions!!!

I practically lived on peanut butter and onion sandwiches for a time.
raven-lt1
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 4
RE: My Favorite 2005/09/21 11:14:52 (permalink)
The Bushman hero @ Cherry Valley in Whitestone,NY

Breaded Chicken Cutlets
4 slices of Thick Sliced Bacon
Melted American or Mozzerella (I prefer Mozzerella)
Brown Gravy
Served on Garlic Bread.

These used to complete my evening after binge drinking, Now I have one about every other month.
johns72604
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 74
RE: My Favorite 2005/09/21 11:51:16 (permalink)
I think that a good Italian Hero is really at the top of the sandwich foodchain, but not the Subway BMT like somebody else mentioned, at least not for me. Also, not far behind are turkey clubs, Thanksgiving leftover sandwiches (turkey, stuffing, cranberry and a little mayo), and Cuban sandwiches when done right.
ScreenBear
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1505
RE: My Favorite 2005/09/25 21:14:42 (permalink)
..................."HANK's" ..IRVINGTON,NJ,....ANYONE?..................
....Does anyone have remembrance and/or information about Hank's, on Clinton Avenue in Irvington, New Jersey, known for their Philly Steak sandwich?
....My memory is ever so slight. I believe the place closed in the mid to late '60's. I was just starting to drive, and didn't get there often. But I remember that Hank's was the only place serving Philly Steaks in the central and Northern part of NJ in those days...long before the Philly Steak and its cousin, the Philly Cheesesteak, became so national an item that now you can even find (sacrilege of sacrileges)versions of the indiginous edible in your frozen food section.
...Hanks was great. While my memory of the place is dim, I remember how wonderfully thin were the slices of steak they heaped onto the best Italian hoagie/submarine/grinder bread. And the thinly shredded onions cooked alongside the steak on the griddle were equally spectacular. Between the two main items, just enough juice was created to nicely moisten the bread without soaking it.
...What in part was interesting is that there were virtually no competitors...no other places selling the item. The place seemingly had its own audience, most of whom, I suggest, didn't even know that 90 miles South, in the City of Brotherly Love, this delightful sandwich was a staple.
...Anyone remember Hank's...any history, details, etc.? Or did I just dream it?
P.S.--That Chicken Cutlet, bacon, mozzarella and gravy things sounds real good
laytonj1
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 82
RE: My Favorite 2005/09/25 22:15:43 (permalink)
I love a good tuna melt. Good tuna salad with cheddar and grilled on sourdough... maybe a little avocado if available. Some people don't like the idea of warm mayo, but it's no different then warm 1000 island on a burger.

I guess I like any sandwich with "melt" in its name
ScreenBear
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1505
RE: My Favorite 2005/09/26 00:18:56 (permalink)
------------------Mustard or Mayo on Bologna?---------------------------
---OK...here's the question: On a bologna sandwich, regardless of whether you have it on rye, white or a roll, do you put mayonnaise or mustard? Of late, I'm doing the Mayo thing. But when younger, and more influenced by the magnetic pull of the New York Deli scene, it was certainly mustard.
tkitna
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 634
RE: My Favorite 2005/09/26 04:26:17 (permalink)
I've always put Ketchup on my bologna sandwiches, but yellow mustard if nothing else is avaliable. No mayo or miracle whip on bologna.
bakerbites
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 6
RE: My Favorite 2005/09/27 11:30:52 (permalink)
I know it shouldn't be a franchise, but in the Atlanta "burbs" we have a new franchise "The Rising Roll" -- the Chicken Melt is great, the best part is the wonderful rolls they bake on site. If you see one of these places, eat there. I eat at the original one -- off Haynes Bridge Road in Alpharetta, Ga. Enjoy -- www.bakerbites.com
raven-lt1
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 4
RE: My Favorite 2005/10/03 07:58:35 (permalink)
I , personally have done both , but my answer matters in what type of bread is served too. Rye pumpernickel or wheat, Mustard, White or roll, Mayo.
quote:
Originally posted by ScreenBear

------------------Mustard or Mayo on Bologna?---------------------------
---OK...here's the question: On a bologna sandwich, regardless of whether you have it on rye, white or a roll, do you put mayonnaise or mustard? Of late, I'm doing the Mayo thing. But when younger, and more influenced by the magnetic pull of the New York Deli scene, it was certainly mustard.
Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1