Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

My First In and Out Burger

Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 30 of 63
leethebard

• Total Posts: 6068
My First In and Out Burger Sun, 06/14/09 1:52 AM (permalink)
Just came back from visiting my mom and sister in San Diego and Palm Springs.. Finally got to try an In & Out burger. WOW!!! Great taste...and so fresh...and what a deal on price!!!!! Very limited menu, but it's best to specialize, anyway. Boy do I wish they had those on the east coast. Noticed everytime we went by the one I liked in Palm Springs, it was packed!!!!
      This is by far the best fast food nurger I have ever tasted.

enginecapt

• Total Posts: 3486
    Re:My First In and Out Burger Sun, 06/14/09 2:03 AM (permalink)
    They ain't half bad are they?

leethebard

Re:My First In and Out Burger Sun, 06/14/09 2:08 AM (permalink)
      Now that I'm back home in Jersey,I'm craving that double cheese burger!!!!

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9526
        Re:My First In and Out Burger Sun, 06/14/09 2:23 AM (permalink)
        Doesn't this belong in the Fast Food forum?

leethebard

Re:My First In and Out Burger Sun, 06/14/09 2:38 AM (permalink)
          I don't think so...The forum is "Hamburgers" And an In and Out burger certainly qualifies...and the sub heading is "Discuss Your Favorite Burger Joint" ...and In and Out is my current favorite burger joint. Sometimes we get too technical around here! I just want to discuss my new find with my fellow roadfooders!

enginecapt

• Total Posts: 3486
            Re:My First In and Out Burger Sun, 06/14/09 2:52 AM (permalink)
            I order mine animal style.

jfitz

• Total Posts: 115
              Re:My First In and Out Burger Sun, 06/14/09 4:18 AM (permalink)

Wife and family hit the "  in and out " in Tucson this month - she wasn't  impressed . Spoiled by Five Guys in Naples ,Fla.

MiamiDon

Re:My First In and Out Burger Sun, 06/14/09 6:42 AM (permalink)
                Foodbme

Michael Stern deems it a Roadfood chain, so it belongs in this section.

http://www.roadfood.com/Restaurant/Reviews/1647/in-n-out-burger

beijinger

• Total Posts: 180
                  Re:My First In and Out Burger Sun, 06/14/09 7:49 AM (permalink)
                  i deem it belongs in our stomach.

John Fox

• Total Posts: 2313
                    Re:My First In and Out Burger Sun, 06/14/09 8:44 AM (permalink)
                    For those who have had both, which do you like better, Five Guys or In n Out?

tommyeats

• Total Posts: 277
                      Re:My First In and Out Burger Sun, 06/14/09 9:33 AM (permalink)
                      John Fox

For those who have had both, which do you like better, Five Guys or In n Out?
                      I think both are just OK in their class, and neither is worth a special trip.  On the road, choosing between either and BK, I'd choose either over BK.  Having to choose between the two, I'd choose In n Out, but only because I don't often get the opportunity to eat one.  If both were in my neighborhood, I'd probably never eat at either.   

I'm not into self-promotion, but since it's germane, here are two links to my thoughts on each (I'd just cut-and-paste to here, but it's a lot):
                      http://www.tommyeats.com/tommyeats/2008/11/five-guys-burgers-wendys.html
                      http://www.tommyeats.com/tommyeats/2008/09/in-n-out-burger-eh-im-not-convinced.html

<message edited by tommyeats on Sun, 06/14/09 9:39 AM>

John Fox

• Total Posts: 2313
                        Re:My First In and Out Burger Sun, 06/14/09 9:40 AM (permalink)
                        I've never had an In n Out burger, so I can't make a comparison. I know I'm in the minority, but I like Five Guys Burgers. I like burgers well done, medium, or medium rare. Charbroiled medium rare. But the Five Guys near me serves burgers that, while well done are still juicy.

It seems that many people don't like their burgers well done. But a lot of these same people like places like White Rose, White Manna, and White Diamond.

I'd love to see an In n Out open here in Jersey just so I could try one.

tommyeats

Re:My First In and Out Burger Sun, 06/14/09 9:50 AM (permalink)
                          John Fox

I've never had an In n Out burger, so I can't make a comparison. I know I'm in the minority, but I like Five Guys Burgers. I like burgers well done, medium, or medium rare. Charbroiled medium rare. But the Five Guys near me serves burgers that, while well done are still juicy.

It seems that many people don't like their burgers well done. But a lot of these same people like places like White Rose, White Manna, and White Diamond.

yeah, i'm not sure why people claim that a burger cooked to more than medium (especially when we're talking about roadside stand type burgers which are about 3-4 ounces) are automatically and magically devoid of all flavor and fat.  it's absurd, and simply not true in my experience in eating and cooking.  i think it's more tied to some sort of elitism more than anything, which is pretty funny considering the thrust of this site (roadfood).

if you like Five Guys you'd like In-n-Out.

JRPfeff

• Total Posts: 2367
                            Re:My First In and Out Burger Sun, 06/14/09 10:06 AM (permalink)
                            tommyeats

I think both are just OK in their class, and neither is worth a special trip. 

A agree with that statement.

Remember when Coors beer was special because it wasn't sold where you lived?  In my opinion it is the same thing with IN-N-OUT. 

I made sure to eat at In-N-OUT on a trip to CA and have no memory of the food.  It was just a fast food burger, nothing stands out about it. 

IN-N-OUT is no better or worse than 5 Guys.

sop that

• Total Posts: 155
                              Re:My First In and Out Burger Sun, 06/14/09 11:19 AM (permalink)
                              I enjoy In & Out over Micky D's or Burgerking. It is the right place for me when I want simple, hot burgers.

Where can you get a better double cheese burger for under 3 bucks?

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7379
                                • Roadfood Insider
                                Re:My First In and Out Burger Sun, 06/14/09 11:27 AM (permalink)
                                JRPfeff

tommyeats

I think both are just OK in their class, and neither is worth a special trip. 

A agree with that statement.

Remember when Coors beer was special because it wasn't sold where you lived?  In my opinion it is the same thing with IN-N-OUT. 

I made sure to eat at In-N-OUT on a trip to CA and have no memory of the food.  It was just a fast food burger, nothing stands out about it. 

IN-N-OUT is no better or worse than 5 Guys.

I agree,

There is no doubt that the produce toppings were some of the freshest I've ever had, the burger itself was simply a flat out dissapointment, it was tasteless, and ultimately a mediocre fast food burger. There is no doubt in  my mind that the best chain burger I've had yet is Kidd Valley in the Seattle area, and more recently, for me, the Char Grill in Raleigh NC comes to mind.

leethebard

Re:My First In and Out Burger Sun, 06/14/09 11:38 AM (permalink)
                                  Well,since I eat at 5 guys often, and now I've tasted my firsy In and Out...I'd say the burgers are similar(Fries better ,by far ,at 5 Guys)....but the price for the burgers at In and Out are GREAT....much better quality than any fast food burger!!! Who'd eat at a trash Burger joint when an In and Out is actually cheaper. I repeat again, this East coast guy was impressed by this California chain. It would be my Fast food burger joint, if there was one here!!!

1bbqboy

• Total Posts: 4542
                                    Re:My First In and Out Burger Sun, 06/14/09 12:00 PM (permalink)
                                    lee, you have to ask for the fries to be cooked longer.

russ2304

• Total Posts: 261
                                      Re:My First In and Out Burger Sun, 06/14/09 3:03 PM (permalink)
                                      Foodbme

Oh my goodness here's another one of those fanatic sticklers----seems to me Lee's post could easily fit in both categories---so leave it be-----as for wrong categories Food----how can a LAKE fish qualify as SEA food---seems to be something irregular about that -----maybe you could request a LAKEFOOD forum and leave Seafood to the real deal from the sea. Just a thought!
                                      Walleye my foot.

Russ----------down the shore by the SEA

Twinwillow

• Total Posts: 4895
                                        Re:My First In and Out Burger Sun, 06/14/09 3:22 PM (permalink)
                                        leethebard

Just came back from visiting my mom and sister in San Diego and Palm Springs.. Finally got to try an In & Out burger. WOW!!! Great taste...and so fresh...and what a deal on price!!!!! Very limited menu, but it's best to specialize, anyway. Boy do I wish they had those on the east coast. Noticed everytime we went by the one I liked in Palm Springs, it was packed!!!!
                                              This is by far the best fast food nurger I have ever tasted.

Welcome to the "club". I like mine, double, double, protein style.

chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6093
                                          Re:My First In and Out Burger Sun, 06/14/09 5:36 PM (permalink)
                                          I like In and Out, the thing is though, you go in and about a day or so later you go out...fast they ain't, mostly due to the lines of folks waiting for their burger fix!

leethebard

Re:My First In and Out Burger Sun, 06/14/09 6:00 PM (permalink)
                                            True..true..true...our route took us past that In and Out every day I was visiting out there, and it was always packed. Says something about their food. My sister told me every place is company owned..they don't franchise...that's why they haven't spread any further east. Boy, they have a gold mine!!!!

tommyeats

Re:My First In and Out Burger Sun, 06/14/09 7:40 PM (permalink)
                                              leethebard

True..true..true...our route took us past that In and Out every day I was visiting out there, and it was always packed. Says something about their food.

what do you figure that says about their food?  i'm curious if you correlate crowds and lines with notable food.

leethebard

Re:My First In and Out Burger Mon, 06/15/09 2:53 AM (permalink)
                                                I'm just saying the parking lots of the neighboring Burger King and Mickey Di's were almost empty,while the In and Out place was packed...given choices,people packed this place and stayed away from neigboring places...it's not a scientific poll, just an observation.

Twinwillow

• Total Posts: 4895
                                                  Re:My First In and Out Burger Mon, 06/15/09 3:07 AM (permalink)
                                                  I have a number of In-N-Out tee shirts I like to wear. It's amazing, even here in Dallas how many people stop to tell me, they also love In-N-Out.
                                                  The shirts and other stuff can be ordered thru their website. The limited, and collectible designs are on the back of the (white) shirts with the classic, In-N-Out sign logo on the front upper left.

johnnymolson

• Total Posts: 90
                                                    • Location: Brockville, Ontario, XX
                                                    • Roadfood Insider
                                                    Re:My First In and Out Burger Mon, 06/15/09 4:16 AM (permalink)
                                                    It's been too long since I've had an In-N-Out burger...sooo good! 

rebeltruce

• Total Posts: 698
                                                      Re:My First In and Out Burger Mon, 06/15/09 6:50 AM (permalink)
                                                      In and Out and Five Guys are both in a class by themselves.

The fries are better at Five Guys unless you order your fries well done at In and Out.

But you can't get a chocolate shake at Five Guys to dip your fries in (wierd maybe...... but I like to dip my fries in my shake) so in that respect I give the edge to In and Out. If I'm not dipping my fries in my shake I get them Well Done Animal Style

The burgers are different and I wouldn't call one better than the other, I will say that I've never had a bad burger at either place. I get my Double Double Animal Style with extra raw onion added. Five Guys does have the edge on the toppings and  I order mine loaded, raw onions, pickles, lettuce, tomatos, jalapenos, mustard, mayo, ketchup, I like em big and sloppy. 

leethebard

Re:My First In and Out Burger Mon, 06/15/09 10:17 AM (permalink)
                                                        I wish I knew about ordering my fries "well done" to better compare them to 5 Guys. Never dawned on me they'd keep a batch of fries in longer for me!! It's two days since I got home, and I'm going through In-N-Out burger withdrawal!!

myterry2

• Total Posts: 526
                                                          • Location: Lake Forest, IL
                                                          Re:My First In and Out Burger Mon, 06/15/09 10:28 AM (permalink)
                                                          5 Guys burgers and fries blow away In--N-Out...althought INO is a geat burger, but lousy fries....5 Guys take the trophy.

DPuro329

• Total Posts: 406
                                                            • Location: Londonderry, NH
                                                            Re:My First In and Out Burger Mon, 06/15/09 5:28 PM (permalink)
                                                            I've never eaten at In-and-out but I'd be willing to try it. i think 5 guys is way overrated even in the fast food category. I've heard it mentioned before but what's special about "animal style"?

Dave

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 30 of 63

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com