My Review: Dom DeMarco's Pizzeria & Bar-Las Vegas

Author
peppertree
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 302
2012/12/18 08:57:56 (permalink)

My Review: Dom DeMarco's Pizzeria & Bar-Las Vegas

I searched for a review here and could not find one. Sorry if this is a new thread which should be part of an old one.

I am from Brooklyn and a long time fan of DiFara's on Avenue J. I tried Domenic's restaurant in Las Vegas and here is what I think.

First the differences. The crust was not as thin as DiFara's in Brooklyn and the oil was not present as it is in Brooklyn. In Brooklyn the pan has a pool, not a coat, of oil under the pizza, after it is eaten. Not much oil was present here and that was just from the cheese, not from the generous amount of oil that is poured on pizzas made by Dominic himself.

The good news is that the pizza tastes the same, which is fantastic. There is no better. 
There are some advantages to the LV pizzeria. 

Comfortable chairs/tables and some elbow room. Working restrooms open to the public.
TV. A full bar, free refills on soft drinks which are from a fountain. No hour long lines to get a table and fill an order. Tables are clean here, unlike in Brooklyn where they depend on people cleaning their own tables. 

There is a full menu for Italian food, other than the fantastic pizza. We had a waiter, which does not exist in Brooklyn. 

There is even a parking lot. How about that! Also this restaurant is open all day including Monday and Tuesday. Sorry, no private parties on Thursday night yet. 

Pizza is not $28. for no toppings. It is listed at $18. but they gave us half off because of some promotion. Wow! $9.00 for an authentic DiFara's pizza!

Given a choice, I would prefer the excessively oiled pizza with the thinner crust in Brooklyn. But for $9.00, I will take this.

4 Replies Related Threads

ScreamingChicken
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5044
    Re:My Review: Dom DeMarco's Pizzeria & Bar-Las Vegas 2012/12/18 09:04:53 (permalink)
    Could it be that the lack of oil is so that the pizza will appeal to the broad variety of people that visit and live in Las Vegas?  I personally wouldn't object to it but I suspect many would.
    CCinNJ
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7778
    Re:My Review: Dom DeMarco's Pizzeria & Bar-Las Vegas 2012/12/18 09:37:35 (permalink)
    Las Vegas is spotless.
    CCinNJ
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7778
    Re:My Review: Dom DeMarco's Pizzeria & Bar-Las Vegas 2012/12/18 11:29:56 (permalink)
    Brooklyn...not so much.
    peppertree
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 302
    Re:My Review: Dom DeMarco's Pizzeria & Bar-Las Vegas 2012/12/22 20:11:57 (permalink)
    A distinct possibility. I know that Dominic is no fool.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1