My favorite greasy cheeseburger

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
ctfrasier
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 253
RE: My favorite greasy cheeseburger 2007/01/09 14:12:34 (permalink)
Murph's, a little bar right off the square on Oxford, MS. Oxford is a bit of an uppity town but this place is anything but. The atmosphere and burgers are both great.
huntryce
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 115
RE: My favorite greasy cheeseburger 2007/01/09 22:34:48 (permalink)
Columbia, SC - Edna's #1 on River Drive. It's been there forever but I first tried it only this weekend.

Tiny building on the roadside, with walk-up service only. Dining in means eating at one of the wooden picnic tables out back. (Chained together so they won't "walk." Edna's is in a slightly dicey part of town.)

I got the cheeseburger basket and a chili dog. Not an expert, but the dog was fine. The burger was better - big flat patty grilled so the edges crisped. Just enough grease to add that wonderful flavor.

They come with lettuce, tomatoe, onions, ketchup and mustard. Fries were nice but adding salt made them better.

Excellent people-watching rounds out the experience.
packerwmn
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 158
RE: My favorite greasy cheeseburger 2007/01/10 11:09:30 (permalink)
I'm not a huge burger fan - but when I'm really in the mood for a greasy burger, I'd have to head to George Webbs!
John Fox
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2334
RE: My favorite greasy cheeseburger 2007/01/10 12:13:32 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by ken8038

<<My personal favorite greasy burger is from the White Diamond in Clark N.J. They've been there since the fifties and nobody's burger tastes close to theirs. They are truly addicting, and I can't ride past exit 135 on the parkway without stopping for a large cheese with the works and 2 small cali cheese the works. Anyone who has ever had them will probably agree.>>

I don't agree at all. Well, I have to admit I never actaully had one of thier burgers. The only time I was ever in there was about 10 years ago, I went in with my wife and son who was about 8 at the time. First we had to walk thru a cloud of thick smoke from the Good Ol' boys standing around talking to each other near the counter. Then, after waiting at least 10 minutes for someone to take our order (the cook and counterperson were too busy with thier conversation with the Boys), we just got up and left. Nobody even seemed to notice.

For good greasy burgers in tht area I go to the White Diamond in Roselle. Even when it's crowded I never wait more than a few minutes to place my order. ---Ken

Ken,

Do you mean the White Rose in Roselle? If so, that's my favorite place for a greasy cheeseburger as well. There's a White Diamond on St. Georges Ave. in either Linden or Roselle, I'm not sure as it's right near the border. The White Rose is much better than the White Diamond in Clark. Similar burgers, but the White Rose is much thicker. Better service as well. White Diamond's are too thin for a large bacon cheeseburger.

Another great place for a cheeseburger is the Bayway Diner in Linden. This place was featured on the Food Network a few months ago.
thefluffyturtle
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 96
RE: My favorite greasy cheeseburger 2007/01/23 18:54:48 (permalink)
CONLEY'S DRIVE-IN....Middlesboro,KY

FLUFFY
tamandmik
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 949
RE: My favorite greasy cheeseburger 2007/01/24 12:03:37 (permalink)
quote:

Another great place for a cheeseburger is the Bayway Diner in Linden. This place was featured on the Food Network a few months ago.

You can't go wrong at the Bayway Diner, everything they have is a winner. Thanks for reminding me about that place, there was a discussion thread on diners in NJ, and someone from out of state had asked for recommendations. Bayway belongs on that list.
boyardee65
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1460
RE: My favorite greasy cheeseburger 2007/01/25 13:16:43 (permalink)
Best burger bar none is at THE KEG LOUNGE in Manitou Springs CO. Fresh beef purchased daily from the local butcher. Buffalo also available! Char broiled and served on a home made french roll. Excellent Philly also!!!
ShenB
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 129
RE: My favorite greasy cheeseburger 2007/01/25 21:54:28 (permalink)
The very best Cheeseburgers I've eaten in Michigan can be found at Redamak's in New Buffalo less than a mile off I-94 at exit-4 on US-12. Unfortunately they are now closed for the winter but will re-open on March 1st for the noon lunch crowd.

And yes, they use "Velveeta" on their cheezburgers but don't even think about asking for a burger with lettuce & tomato

http://www.redamaks.com/site/index.htm
JMish
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
RE: My favorite greasy cheeseburger 2007/01/27 20:15:45 (permalink)
Here in Delaware we have a place called Jake's Hamburgers - there are three locations - great burgers. Nice thick shakes, they have a shake of the month - I drive by every day early in the am - and wish I could stop for one - The main one is on Rte 13 northbound in New Castle about2 miles south of the Delaware Memorial Bridge. Prices are reasonable...From the looks and sounds of it seems the best mouth-watering, fill the hole burgers are from the neighborhood places, not the big chains!!!
Burger on my friends!!
Mish
FatesWarning
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
RE: My favorite greasy cheeseburger 2007/01/29 19:39:06 (permalink)
Islands fine burgers and drinks. They make a plethora of burgers, but the best is their "Big Wave" with a thick slice of american on top. The burgers are so juicy that you need a stack of napkins. They have a "secret" flavoring shaker on each table (it appears to be a mix of very finely ground salt and pepper with just a hint of garlic powder) This seasoning is so finely ground, in fact that it "melts" into your hot burger when you add a dash extra at your table. The bun is fresh baked in house, and they butter and grill it to a nice golden, with just the right amount of crispness on the edge. The bun holds up well to the juicy burger. If I recall, the burger itself is around a 1/2 lb or so, probably 6 inches across and piled high with fresh ingredients. They serve them with a steak knife to cut them in half.

This one is in Mesa, Arizona, but I'm pretty sure they have locations in California and even Hawaii.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1