My new favorite bbq place!

Author
Rapunzll
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 314
2008/10/23 12:03:51 (permalink)

My new favorite bbq place!

I stopped in Crossville TN yesterday on the way to my kids in Clarksville and realized I hadn't eaten yet. I looked on my gps to see what restaurants were in the area and decided on Lefty's. I got a to go order, with onion rings. I decided to eat on the road and grabbed an onion ring. I have no idea how they do them, but they were the best onion rings I have ever had, even though the texture is totally different from what I am used to. I wished I had ordered more.

While I was driving, I decided to eat the pulled pork sandwich once I got to my kids, even though I would need to reheat it. What happened was that I picked at the sandwich all the way! Now I admit to being a sauce lover, and hadn't put it on the sandwich yet, but this pork was so good that I didn't care! I just wish this place was close to me!

8 Replies Related Threads

Poverty Pete
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2293
    RE: My new favorite bbq place! 2008/10/24 02:32:27 (permalink)
    I go to Crossville occasionally. Where exactly was this place? I don't recall driving past it.
    Rapunzll
    Cheeseburger
    RE: My new favorite bbq place! 2008/10/24 11:19:26 (permalink)
    Their address is 4573 Peavine Rd. I am heading to Brunswick GA in the next week or so and am trying to decide if I want to drive out of my way to go again. Maybe I should rephrase that. I want to drive out of my way to go there, but don't know if I should! I may be going to Greenville SC after Brunswick, so maybe I'll just go on my way back, but I will be going back.

I'd love to hear what you think if you give them a try!
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13477
    RE: My new favorite bbq place! 2008/10/24 11:24:24 (permalink)
    Crossville is not that far from Knoxville and the next time I am near there, I will definately try them out and report back.

Paul E. Smith
    knoxville, TN
    Rapunzll
    Cheeseburger
    RE: My new favorite bbq place! 2008/10/24 15:21:34 (permalink)
    I'll be happy to hear what you both think!
    mncorn
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 151
    RE: My new favorite bbq place! 2008/11/03 00:08:43 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Rapunzll

I stopped in Crossville TN yesterday on the way to my kids in Clarksville and realized I hadn't eaten yet. I looked on my gps to see what restaurants were in the area and decided on Lefty's. I got a to go order, with onion rings. I decided to eat on the road and grabbed an onion ring. I have no idea how they do them, but they were the best onion rings I have ever had, even though the texture is totally different from what I am used to. I wished I had ordered more.

While I was driving, I decided to eat the pulled pork sandwich once I got to my kids, even though I would need to reheat it. What happened was that I picked at the sandwich all the way! Now I admit to being a sauce lover, and hadn't put it on the sandwich yet, but this pork was so good that I didn't care! I just wish this place was close to me!

when i get there, i will give it a try
    Earl of Sandwich
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 600
    RE: My new favorite bbq place! 2008/11/06 19:21:43 (permalink)
    I discovered a great little place while driving thru the Sierra Madre mountains about a month ago. Came across a mountain gap to the little town of Walker, CA on Hwy 395. The name is Mountain View Barbecue. Great ambience ( canyou use that word for a BBQ joint description?), Excellent Q, and hamburgers, and good roadfood.
    If I lived in the area it would certainly be one of my favorite stops.
    carolina bob
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3420
    RE: My new favorite bbq place! 2009/01/13 01:21:47 (permalink)
    I've found a place for really great ribs in Chicago's southwest suburbs; actually five places as it's a mini-chain. It's called Nick's BBQ, and "my" location is at 127th and Harlem in Palos Hts. IL. The ribs are prepared in an oven, but they are truly great; incredibly lean ( I've yet to come across a bit of fat ), and very meaty. The ribs are delicious, and their private-label BBQ sauce is one of my favorites. A very friendly staff, too. They have a large menu, but I've never sampled anything else there; if I'm going to drive that far, I've just gotta have those ribs! 
    carolina bob
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3420
    RE: My new favorite bbq place! 2009/01/15 21:10:23 (permalink)
    Today I had lunch at the aforementioned Nick's BBQ in Palos Hts., and, as usual, they did not disappoint in the least. Not only are their ribs lean and meaty, but they are unbelievably tender. Just stare at them hard enough and the meat slides right off the bone. For those who are interested, here's their website:  www.nicksribs.com 
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1