My special hot dog available this month only!

Author
yuppicide
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 226
2014/04/06 14:48:47 (permalink)

My special hot dog available this month only!

I gave Keith at Hot Diggity in Philadelphia some ideas for a dog and one of them found it's way to their menu this month.

Israeli Dog

All beef Sabrett's topped with Fresh Cucumber, Smoked Eggplant Relish, Spicy Pepper Sauce, Mint Yogurt Sauce, and Sumac on a Liscio's bun. Also available with a Veggie or Vegan Dog.

It's also going to be drawn by artist Hawk Krall.

The Hot Diggity is located on South Street in Phildadelphia. See their website here:

http://www.thehotdiggity.com 
post edited by yuppicide - 2014/04/06 14:52:16

10 Replies Related Threads

Turtle66
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 139
    Re:My special hot dog available this month only! 2014/04/06 15:47:52 (permalink)
    yuppicide

I gave Keith at Hot Diggity in Philadelphia some ideas for a dog and one of them found it's way to their menu this month.

Israeli Dog

All beef Sabrett's topped with Fresh Cucumber, Smoked Eggplant Relish, Spicy Pepper Sauce, Mint Yogurt Sauce, and Sumac on a Liscio's bun. Also available with a Veggie or Vegan Dog.

It's also going to be drawn by artist Hawk Krall.

The Hot Diggity is located on South Street in Phildadelphia. See their website here:

http://www.thehotdiggity.com 

Clicked on the link....Those dog pictures...WOW! Now im hungry. 
    FriedClamFanatic
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1745
    Re:My special hot dog available this month only! 2014/04/06 19:13:55 (permalink)
    One to make a trip back into the city for!.even if I ended the sentence with a preposition
    yuppicide
    Cheeseburger
    Re:My special hot dog available this month only! 2014/04/06 21:39:25 (permalink)
    If anyone wonders why it's an Israeli Dog it's because they already do a Greek Dog or have done one before. So the ideas I was listing shared similar things with Israeli food.

One of the original ideas was to wrap the hot dog in a falafel and fry it.. looked awesome, but the falafel kind of got lost in the mix because the hot dog flavor overpowered it. I thought of that because I don't eat seafood and they already make a hot dog with a fish cake wrapped around it.
    Twinwillow
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5094
    Re:My special hot dog available this month only! 2014/04/06 22:52:25 (permalink)
    Sorry, the only way I like my dogs are with mustard and onion sauce. Or just mustard and finely chopped raw onion.
    Sometimes depending on my mood, with mustard and sauerkraut. 
    post edited by Twinwillow - 2014/04/06 22:53:37
    mar52
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8115
    Re:My special hot dog available this month only! 2014/04/07 01:52:40 (permalink)
    Oy! 

Are they selling seconds?
    yuppicide
    Cheeseburger
    Re:My special hot dog available this month only! 2014/06/09 13:57:35 (permalink)
    Philadelphia artist Hawk Krall did an amazing job drawing my hot dog. I love the rustic color tones of the bun and the hot dog..

post edited by yuppicide - 2014/06/09 13:59:35
    Phildelmar
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 858
    Re:My special hot dog available this month only! 2014/06/09 16:12:49 (permalink)
    worth a trip
    EdSails
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4091
    Re:My special hot dog available this month only! 2014/06/09 23:36:06 (permalink)
    It sounds really good, yuppicide. תּוֹדָה רַבָּה 
    OzdogsOfPhoenix
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 35
    Re:My special hot dog available this month only! 2014/10/15 22:59:52 (permalink)
    Wow! Hey way to go! That sounds really neat!

Hot dog carts don't get called often for bar and bat mitzvas, we're usually a culinary ornament: we just look neat set up in the hall while there's fillet mignon being served to table guests but kosher-ability is built into our menus.

What this really takes me back to is my early vision for a food cart and what I really wanted to sell was fallafel. Guess how long it took me to figure out that hell on Earth, as designed for fresh fried fallafel is a steam tray.

But what if we took it to tzaziki sauce and chick peas or forget the chick peas, hummos, and put the salad on top with fresh diced tomatos and heavy on the paprika which gets hot.

Not a lot of people know this but the Chigaco "fire dog"? The heat there isn't cayenne, that's paprika.

And get this, for a breadding, how about nan or pita?

What little I know about mideastern cuisine and traditional hebrew cuisine, it's pretty much the same. Well except for Hilal and Kosher which don't have us mixing certain things but nan, yogurt, hummos (chick peas) are absolutely universal to the region.

Oh man! It just occurred to me, a just a bit of mint and with the cucumber and the yogurt
    you got raita! Ooooooooooh duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, that takes it way subcontinental...

Hava....nagila hava...nagila hava nagila veh nishmeha!

OzdogsOfPhoenix
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 35
    Re:My special hot dog available this month only! 2014/10/15 23:27:17 (permalink)
    OK this thread has me thinking.

Open the door to the sub continent and all I can think of is one word:

Cumin.

There is such a thing as going too far, I can see tandoori hot dogs ever but what if....what if the nan thing and some dahl and raita and maybe something for texture like a dry cabbage curry taken zingy with some vinnegar?

Maybe do the dogs with a dusting of cumin and what the heck? Paprika for color and heat and at that rate, since modern science has finally discovered tumerick has massive medicinal properties, let's throw some of that in there just for fun. Or therapy perhaps.

I know you were doing a jewish thing but as soon as you opened that door in that region, all the sudden I'm just envisioning new possibilities.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1