NEw Drink Truck build up here in Calgary.

Author
jordo23
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
2012/04/08 21:06:14 (permalink)

NEw Drink Truck build up here in Calgary.

What's going on guys? I thought I'd get a good and early start on my 30 posts so I can document my build. I just bought a 1989 P30 6.2 litre diesel with bio conversion. Other than a few small chassis repairs the truck itself is in great shape and what's even better is the body and paint is mint. First question. My truck came with a Mill supply catalogue. Is that the standard for parts? Seems like by far the cheapest and most dedicated site I've found.

For a 30 yr old I've got more than enough experince in the food industry. My parents have owned a Bistro for 15+ years and I started vending at music festivals in the summer of 2003.  My first set up was in a tent focusing mainly on youth oriented festivals that soon evloved into anything around town. The set up alone for a tent style restaurant is way more work than anyone should have to do so I'll be moving on.

So I plan on turning my truck it into a fully functioning rolling drink bar. Smoothies, cold fresh pressed juices, shakes ( maybe licensed events. boozies) and anything else I can come up with. Since I dont have to spend much money on the equipment I plan to focus alot of my attention on the outside and making it something people will want to come check out for the design and hopefully stay for a drink. Thanks to this site and my friends in the trades that like free tickets to these events most of my questions have been answered except for one. Does anyone have a good suggestion for a "jet spray" juice dispenser? Ive tried pop machines but they just cant keep up and when you're selling $5 drinks the name of the game is volume and speed.

Thanks for all your good posts and I look forward to contributing more to this forum. Now if only the snow would melt I could pull out the saw.

2 Replies Related Threads

Vic Cardenas
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 177
    Re:NEw Drink Truck build up here in Calgary. 2012/04/08 23:07:27 (permalink)
    Welcome. I've ordered a few parts from Mill Supply. I don't know of a better place to get random step van parts from.
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10326
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1