The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

NJ Burger fans: munchmobile ranks burger joints

tamandmik

• Total Posts: 949
NJ Burger fans: munchmobile ranks burger joints Fri, 05/27/05 11:51 AM (permalink)
Thought I would pass this on as a former resident of the Garden State, this made for enjoyable reading.

http://www.nj.com/munchmobile/ledger/index.ssf?/munchmobile/ledger/stories/burgers_05.html

harriet1954

• Total Posts: 1084
    RE: NJ Burger fans: munchmobile ranks burger joints Fri, 05/27/05 5:10 PM (permalink)
    For me, it's so weird how when you look things up online under New Jersey, you'll see a definite bias towards North and Central Jersey. It's like South Jersey (where I live) doesn't exist when you look under "New Jersey"...for anything: food, shopping, entertainment. In fact, we're so closely identified with Philadelphia (even the shore region starting around Atlantic City and south), that I have to do my "hunting" under Philly. I don't go to Philly all that much, and it takes a good half hour to get to the bridge, yet we're considered part of it, and not part of "New Jersey". So although this Munchmobile review was good reading, I just couldn't identify.

However! Don't think I would rule any of these places out, should I travel in those areas.

I also wish South Jersey had more bragging rights, but it's probably because it's not as densely populated as North.

Rick F.

• Total Posts: 1736
      RE: NJ Burger fans: munchmobile ranks burger joints Fri, 05/27/05 5:22 PM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by shaynas_mom

. . . . It's like South Jersey (where I live) doesn't exist when you look under "New Jersey"...for anything: food, shopping, entertainment.
      Tell me about it! Has anyone save its inhabitants ever heard of North Louisiana?

esatikkfan

• Total Posts: 9
        RE: NJ Burger fans: munchmobile ranks burger joints Mon, 05/30/05 10:42 PM (permalink)
        Shaynas:
        Don't feel bad. New Jersey only exists between Rt. 22 and I-195. Everything else is suburban NYC or suburban Philly. (except for the shore towns)

As for the list: White Manna in Hackensack and White Hut in Clark should be added.

I'll listen to any sugestions about places down south.

samjjones

• Total Posts: 5
          RE: NJ Burger fans: munchmobile ranks burger joints Tue, 05/31/05 9:46 AM (permalink)
          Having "Burger Express" in this survey is an insult to every other NJ burger joint.

tamandmik

• Total Posts: 949
            RE: NJ Burger fans: munchmobile ranks burger joints Wed, 06/1/05 12:42 PM (permalink)
            quote:
            Originally posted by shaynas_mom

For me, it's so weird how when you look things up online under New Jersey, you'll see a definite bias towards North and Central Jersey. It's like South Jersey (where I live) doesn't exist when you look under "New Jersey"...for anything: food, shopping, entertainment. In fact, we're so closely identified with Philadelphia (even the shore region starting around Atlantic City and south), that I have to do my "hunting" under Philly. I don't go to Philly all that much, and it takes a good half hour to get to the bridge, yet we're considered part of it, and not part of "New Jersey". So although this Munchmobile review was good reading, I just couldn't identify.

However! Don't think I would rule any of these places out, should I travel in those areas.

I also wish South Jersey had more bragging rights, but it's probably because it's not as densely populated as North.

I think, more likely, this article was written for the Star Ledger, whose circulation ranges skirt northernmost Burlington County. Shayna's Mom, I think if you read a similar article from the South Jersey Courier Post, the focus would be on suburban Philadelphia hamburger joints. I happen to know a little on this subject, having lived in both North and South New Jersey.

SoulOnFire

• Total Posts: 22
              RE: NJ Burger fans: munchmobile ranks burger joints Wed, 06/1/05 11:15 PM (permalink)
              Where's Mastoris? If you've ever had a burger there,you would know what I mean. Just ate there tonight in fact. Had the mushroom burger. Thing had to be a foot tall if it was an inch and easily the best burger I've had. Actually,every burger I've had there has been mind blowing.

And yes,I understand what you mean,shaynas mom. I live in Mercer county and despite having Princeton and Trenton, nobody seems to realize we're here.

creek rat

• Total Posts: 83
                RE: NJ Burger fans: munchmobile ranks burger joints Thu, 06/2/05 12:58 AM (permalink)
                Jersey itself has no identity. Two different states entirely. I do agree with the Soulonfire the Trenton Princeton rt. one corrider has it's own identity, ie. referring to pizza as just pie and not knowing which way to turn their rabbit ears (towards Philly or NYC.). My son just moved from the AC area and is confused.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                  • No New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                  • Locked w/ New Messages
                  • Locked w/o New Messages
                  • Read Message
                  • Post New Thread
                  • Reply to message
                  • Post New Poll
                  • Submit Vote
                  • Post reward post
                  • Delete my own posts
                  • Delete my own threads
                  • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                  What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com