NOLA Roadfood Fest - Bring back the Crawfish Boil!

Author
kurly143
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
2011/01/13 18:35:05 (permalink)

NOLA Roadfood Fest - Bring back the Crawfish Boil!

Why isn't there a crawfish boil this year We had so much fun at it last year!  There aren't any events scheduled for Saturday evening, March 26.  What can we do to make it happen?

4 Replies Related Threads

Stephen Rushmore Jr.
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 2127
    Re:NOLA Roadfood Fest - Bring back the Crawfish Boil! 2011/01/13 21:24:38 (permalink)
    We are glad you enjoyed the crawfish boil last year, which was our second year in a row, but this year we are still going to do an event on Saturday, and it will involve hamburgers.  More details coming in the upcoming weeks.

We will most likely do the crawfish boil again next year.

Stephen
    FlattedFifth
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 34
    Re:NOLA Roadfood Fest - Bring back the Crawfish Boil! 2011/01/14 02:33:44 (permalink)
    I have to agree that it is a MAJOR disappointment to forgo the crawfish boil. I used it as a selling point to bring several more people down with me this year and we are all very much looking forward to it. I will have a lot of explaining to do.

I certain that the hamburger event will be very good and I do realize that this is a roadfood festival not a New Orleans Festival but it would be nice to have an homage to the host city and nothing says NOLA like crawfish. (Also, that roasted pig was spectacular.)  If there is a way to make this happen in some form I am all for it and would happily volunteer lots of  time to work for it.
    bugsraymond
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re:NOLA Roadfood Fest - Bring back the Crawfish Boil! 2011/02/28 11:50:22 (permalink)
    I am with you on this. My crew is asking why they are going to NO to eat hamburgers. We will not be attending this event. Bad choice by someone. This one change has us rethinking comeing at all.
    Stephen Rushmore Jr.
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 2127
    Re:NOLA Roadfood Fest - Bring back the Crawfish Boil! 2011/02/28 13:45:04 (permalink)
    We are sorry to disappoint anyone for not doing the crawfish boil this year.

The festival attracts a lot of repeat attendees and we received feedback that people wanted to try something different on Saturday night since the previous two years were exactly the same.

The burger event has generated enormous interest from the local restaurants and community, and I can assure you it will be a fun time like the other ones we have planned.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1