NWest Suburbs. I am the Burgermaven. and live in this area.

Author
hpbecker
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 4
2013/02/09 10:06:42 (permalink)

NWest Suburbs. I am the Burgermaven. and live in this area.

My number 1 diner burger in USA is right here in Des Plaines.  Paradise Pup.  Ask for Tony or George the Manos brothers who own it.  Tell them Burgermaven sent you.  The char cheddar medium rare with any toppings.  Not too many though, maybe grilled onions but you just want to savour the flavor.  By the way their Italian Beef sandwich is the 'boss'.  They make it themselves.
Try North Branch in glenview but at Lake and Milwaukee Avenue.  4520 west lake ave.  Ask for Raul the chef.  call ahead 847-813-6400.   His deep dish is as good as Burt's Place with the cheesy crust.  and his burgers are incredible.  bar food is great.  nachos with shredded pork for example.
Thin pizza at a place on Wolf Road in Wheeling.  can't remember name.  small place. room for maybe 20.  check the hours.
Do not under any circumstances go to  CHINN's crab house.  Bob Chinn is the rudest owner in the business.  We waited an hour with 4 little children and when it was our turn he called his friends in the bar that had just walked in.  He said,  "I will seat who I want when I want.  This is MY restaurant."

sorry I can't join you.  I leave for Florida on the 20th.

Sarabella's at the Westin Hotel in Wheeling is a little upscale but their chef is terrific.

Skip the Burgermaven

3 Replies Related Threads

BuddyRoadhouse
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4319
    Re:NWest Suburbs. I am the Burgermaven. and live in this area. 2013/02/09 14:09:35 (permalink)
    hpbecker,
    This may be a little egocentric, but I assume you're posting this information in response to The Contingent's tour of Des Plaines on February 23rd.  Sorry you can't join us.  Is this a permanent move to Florida, or just a "snowbird" trip?

Paradise Pup is a definite stop on the tour.  I've never had their Italian Beef, but will make a point of checking it out on a future visit.

Never been to North Branch, and I'm personally not in need of Deep Dish Pizza "as good as Burt's Place", but I might stop in for one of those Burgers or bar food.  There's a bunch of thin crust Pizza places on Wolf, so not sure which one you're referring to. Maybe Mugs?

Anyway, sorry you won't be able to join us.  Enjoy Florida!

Buddy
    1bbqboy
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4655
    Re:NWest Suburbs. I am the Burgermaven. and live in this area. 2013/02/09 15:38:36 (permalink)
    Ouoth the maven, nevermore?
    CCinNJ
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7778
    Re:NWest Suburbs. I am the Burgermaven. and live in this area. 2013/02/09 15:44:17 (permalink)
    When you say "Skip the Burgermaven" you mean...

You are Skip the Burgermaven.

Not skip the Burgermaven.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1