NYTE's Great American Pie-Off in NYC 7/26/08

Author
billyboy
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2393
2008/07/10 14:50:35 (permalink)

NYTE's Great American Pie-Off in NYC 7/26/08

Hi all,

I performed with this theatre company a few years ago and had a great experience playing one of the Hatfields in a play titled "FEUD: Fire On the Mountain". Growing out my hair and "ZZ Top-like" beard in mid-July was a different story... Anyway, I keep in touch with them and attend plays and events when I can. When I heard about this, I got very excited and wanted to share it with my fellow Roadfooders. If you live in the city or happen to be here, it sounds like fun! Cough, buffetbuster, cough, cough!! I think I'll be baking a couple of pies. Hope to see you there.

Oh, I hope it's cool to post this here with the links. if not, please let me know. Thanks!

Dear Friends,

Please join us for New York Theatre Experiment's Great American Pie-Off on Saturday, July 26th at the city's newest downtown hotspot, the Bowery Electric!

Show off your culinary talents, compete for big prizes and (of course) eat pie!

Winning pies will be selected by our panel of celebrity judges, led by Top Chef Dave Martin. An audience favorite pie will voted on by guests at the event.

At the Pie-Off we will also officially unveil the collection of restaged iconic American photographs shot by Leah Reddy, featuring many, many members of the NYTE community! These photos will be used as source material to inspire new plays. The winning plays will be produced in our Capture the Flag Festival this September. Playwrights interested in participating are strongly encouraged to attend.

Admission to the event is free! Pie, snacks and drinks from the bar will be available for purchase.

Baking a pie? Register online and pay $10, in advance. Or register on July 26, in person, for $15 (in cash).
Enter the competition now! Click on the link at the very bottom of this message.

Compete for great prizes in our Silent Auction as well! Prizes include gift certificates to fantastic NYC restaurants and home furnishings stores, coaching sessions for actors and much more!

Have friends who bake? Spread the word! Invite your co-workers, family and friends to bust out their most impressive, indulgent recipes.

Have friends who are playwrights? Invite them.
Want to express interest in participating in the Festival? Email joseph@newyorktheatreexperiment.org.

The Great American Pie-Off
Saturday, July 26th
4-7 pm
The Bowery Electric
Bowery, between 2nd & 3rd Streets
(look for the mirrored door)

www.newyorktheatreexperiment.org

See you there!!!
Rori Bergman, Emberli Edwards, Laura Gale, Allyson Morgan, and Joseph Schultz

Enter your pie by clicking here:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=lgale1220%40gmail%2ecom&item_name=One%20Registered%20Pie&amount=10%2e00&shipping=0%2e00&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&tax=0%2e00¤cy_code=USD&lc=US&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

If you do not have a Paypal account, no problem. After clicking on the link above, select the option (at the bottom left) 'Use your Credit Card' and click 'Continue.' You will then see the Pie-Off registration details at the very top of the page. Enter your card info and confirm the $10 charge.
Happy Baking!

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1