Naked Grouse

Author
rumaki
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1067
2009/06/18 11:31:24 (permalink)

Naked Grouse

The makers of Famous Grouse Scotch whisky are promoting a new blend, "The Naked Grouse," here in Hennepin County (Minnesota).  It's being sold at a variety of restaurants and bars, including the often-cited-on-Roadfood Hell's Kitchen, as well as in package stores like Haskell's and Surdyks.

According to the promotional material, it's a blend of The Macallan and Highland Park, which, coincidentally, are my, and my husband's, favorite single malts (respectively).

Has anyone tried it?

http://nakedgrouse.com/about/

6 Replies Related Threads

Davydd
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6395
    Re:Naked Grouse 2009/06/19 09:25:49 (permalink)
    I'm due for replenishing my sipping bottle of bourbon this week. I may go to Haskell's and try this instead. I occasionally switch up with single malts.
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15303
    Re:Naked Grouse 2009/06/19 10:02:26 (permalink)
    My only contact with the "Famous Grouse" Scotch was as I read WEB Griffth's series of WWII novels collectivly labeled "The Corp"  That was the often consummed beverage of choice by the central group of characters in the novels.
       I tried it and several other versions of the Scotches and find that I am destined to be a Bourbon-Sipper when I imbibe.
      I have a bottle of "Glennfiddish" that has added 20 years of shelf-life to it's advertised aging process and remains three/quarters full today.
    post edited by mayor al - 2009/06/19 10:04:16
    Bella Caffe
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 88
    Re:Naked Grouse 2009/08/09 10:17:59 (permalink)
    I stock Famous Grouse, Mac12 & Highland Park in my bar & love all 3, will have to try to Naked Grouse.
    Noteman
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re:Naked Grouse 2009/09/13 15:00:44 (permalink)
    Thanks for your interest in The Naked Grouse!  We'd appreciate hearing whether you liked it.  Our Naked Grouse Team will be at a number of venues and events doing some fun things through mid-October, including Taste of the Nation tonight (9pm) at the Bradstreet Crafthouse in The Graves Hotel.  If you want to know more, please feel free to check us out at www.twitter.com/NakedGrouse or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/The-Naked-Grouse/86415467025?ref=nf .  Thanks again, and we hope to hear from you!
    rumaki
    Re:Naked Grouse 2009/10/08 18:41:32 (permalink)
    I was in London on business last week, and on my way back, I stopped in the Duty Free at Heathrow and bought a bottle of "Black Grouse."   I do not know if this is the same thing as what's being sold as "Naked Grouse" here in the US (I still haven't had a chance to try it here in Minnesota), but I can report that "Black Grouse" is terrific -- provided you like "peaty" Islay blends.  I don't, as a rule, but I really enjoyed this one.  It is peaty, but it's also "clean" tasting, with a hint (just a hint) of sweetness.  And it's reasonably priced.

rumaki
    Re:Naked Grouse 2009/10/11 09:33:13 (permalink)
    Update:  I was at Surdyk's on Saturday and bought a bottle of Naked Grouse. 

It comes in a squat cylindrical glass bottle with no attached paper label (there's a small paper label attached by a string to the top of the neck of the bottle, just under the cap), with the grouse etched into the glass. 

It's good.  Has a definite sherry quality.  Has elements of both Macallan and Highland Park.  Reminds me a little of Macallan's "Twenties" that they used to sell in Duty Free (along with "Thirties," "Forties" and "Fifties" -- I liked "Twenties" the best), but has a definite touch of a peaty-smoky flavor, as well.

About $33 a bottle. 
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1