The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Name That Little Tune

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 10 of 11, messages 271 to 300 of 310
Ashphalt

• Total Posts: 1644
RE: Name That Little Tune Mon, 08/21/06 11:00 AM (permalink)
Here's one for the New Englanders.

Hi Neighbor! Have a Gansett.
Narragansett lager beer.
It has straight from the barrel taste,
straight from the barrel taste,
That's why you'll enjoy saying...
Hi Neighbor! Have a Gansett.
Narragansett lager beer.

Beer was #%*@! But they had great jingles.

NAAMikey

• Total Posts: 193
    RE: Name That Little Tune Mon, 08/21/06 12:38 PM (permalink)
    Here's another from when I was a kid....
    My beer is Reingold the dry beer
    Ask for Reingold wherever you buy beer
    It's refreshing not sweet
    It's the extra dry treat
    Won't you try extra dry Reingolds beer....

Rick F.

• Total Posts: 1736
      RE: Name That Little Tune Mon, 08/21/06 1:09 PM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by tsores

From the land of sky blue waters (waters),
      From the land of pines, lofty balsams,
      Comes the beer refreshing,
      Hamm's, the beer refreshing,
      Hamm's.

And the animated billboard showing a waterfall. Lord, I haven't heard or seen that since the 1950s. Is Hamm's even made any more, and is it or was it drinkable?

Rick F.

• Total Posts: 1736
        RE: Name That Little Tune Mon, 08/21/06 1:13 PM (permalink)
        quote:
        Originally posted by Grampy
        If I could only perfect my percolator sound, I would do the Maxwell House Coffee ditty.
        BAA-da-LAA-da-LOOP-loop, bah-DAA-da-DAA-da-loop.

Want it in IPA?

Big Ugly Mich

• Total Posts: 1302
          RE: Name That Little Tune Mon, 08/21/06 2:50 PM (permalink)
          quote:
          Originally posted by Rick F.And the animated billboard showing a waterfall. Lord, I haven't heard or seen that since the 1950s. Is Hamm's even made any more, and is it or was it drinkable?

http://www.beercollections.com/Breweries/Wisconsin/Hamm_Brewery.htm Pabst hasn't been in Milwaukee for years now, though. As I haven't drank beer since 1977, I can't tell you about drinkability.

jmckee

• Total Posts: 1172
            RE: Name That Little Tune Wed, 08/30/06 11:57 AM (permalink)
            quote:
            Originally posted by Rick F.

quote:
            Originally posted by Grampy
            If I could only perfect my percolator sound, I would do the Maxwell House Coffee ditty.
            BAA-da-LAA-da-LOOP-loop, bah-DAA-da-DAA-da-loop.

Want it in IPA?

Rick:

Nicely transliterated!

I walk into the bedroom making that sound when my wife oversleeps......

Jack

Vince Macek

• Total Posts: 855
              RE: Name That Little Tune Sat, 09/9/06 8:30 AM (permalink)
              Oh, sing a song of Cap'n Crunch -
              The sugar sweet cereal that's fun to munch!
              It's great for breakfast or even lunch -
              No amount of milk can make it lose its crunch!
              (No amount of milk can make it lose its crunch!)
              So all ashore that's going ashore -
              Get Cap'n Crunch at your grocery store!

Gotta hand it to Jay Ward, he was brilliant. Putting this ditty into my head as a kid so I'd remember it years later when first hearing Gilbert and Sullivan!

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
                RE: Name That Little Tune Sat, 09/9/06 9:05 AM (permalink)
                Hot dogs, Armour hotdogs!What kind of kid eats Armour hot dogs...Fat kids, skinny kids, kids who clinb on rocks.......

Big Ugly Mich

RE: Name That Little Tune Mon, 09/11/06 7:39 PM (permalink)
                  quote:
                  Originally posted by KimChee43How many of you remember Barry Manilow singing a jingle for Stridex pimple pads on the radio before he got famous? (I know for sure that he wrote the jingle; not really 100% sure that he was the original voice, but I think so.)

"Give your face,
                  Something to smile about.
                  With Striiiiiidex!"
                  I love when he does commercials that were rejected during a concert.

I also love Janie Fricke, who sang a lot of his commercials (State Farm's Like a Good Neighbor and Have a Coke and a Smile come to mind) and had a all-too-brief career as a country singer in the seventies.

pinetree

• Total Posts: 52
                    RE: Name That Little Tune Fri, 09/22/06 1:18 PM (permalink)
                    You take a ring
                    And then another ring
                    And then another ring
                    Until you've got three rings
                    Ballentine...

Ballentine Ballentine Beer

Ashphalt

• Total Posts: 1644
                      RE: Name That Little Tune Fri, 09/22/06 1:40 PM (permalink)
                      quote:
                      Originally posted by pinetree

You take a ring
                      And then another ring
                      And then another ring
                      Until you've got three rings
                      Ballentine...

Ballentine Ballentine Beer

Ballentine...
                      And now it's premium
                      It's very special kind of beer!

Donna Douglass

• Total Posts: 508
                        RE: Name That Little Tune Fri, 09/22/06 2:14 PM (permalink)
                        Sort of kind of "off topic" here, but I've been putting myself to sleep on those sleepless nights by thinking of all the songs that include either food or beverage in title or lyrics. Surprising the number of songs there are that exist referring to one or both of those items.

Fun stuff. Also fun remembering all those advertising jingles.

Donna

mollydingle

• Total Posts: 221
                          RE: Name That Little Tune Fri, 09/22/06 2:43 PM (permalink)
                          I don't know if this counts-
                          Prince spaghetti ads with the mother yelling out the window. "Aaaaaant'nty!" Wednesday is Prince spaghetti day. Even now, I can't walk through the North End without thinking of that ad...

Vince Macek

• Total Posts: 855
                            RE: Name That Little Tune Sat, 09/23/06 8:39 AM (permalink)
                            quote:
                            Originally posted by Rick F.

quote:
                            Originally posted by tsores

From the land of sky blue waters (waters),
                            From the land of pines, lofty balsams,
                            Comes the beer refreshing,
                            Hamm's, the beer refreshing,
                            Hamm's.

And the animated billboard showing a waterfall. Lord, I haven't heard or seen that since the 1950s. Is Hamm's even made any more, and is it or was it drinkable?

Some years ago I saw the greatest 'wish I had a camera' things - a big promotional inflatable of the Hamm's bear leaning against a can of beer. It was only half-inflated though, and the bear was lolling heavily against the can, flopping drunkenly in the breeze.

Mosca

• Total Posts: 2929
                              RE: Name That Little Tune Sat, 09/23/06 10:00 AM (permalink)
                              Yoo hoo, Mabel; Black Label! Carling Black Label Beer!

Tom

stacymevoli

• Total Posts: 1
                                RE: Name That Little Tune Fri, 10/6/06 1:14 AM (permalink)
                                "Out of the wilderness, north of the border, comes a beer for America made to order, and every beer man with a Moosehead in his hand is gonna be a Moosehead man for life!"
                                I HATE beer, but I LOVED that jingle!

KUTEDYMPLES

• Total Posts: 2
                                  RE: Name That Little Tune Thu, 10/12/06 1:06 PM (permalink)
                                  quote:
                                  Originally posted by ccaldewey

Oh, but there was more to the Paramount song--one of the few jingles from childhood that I can remember:
                                  I'm Slim Chiply the guy you see on the Paramount Potato Chips bright red pack. I'm the flavor deputy, protecting cripsness in every sack. So delicious; so nutritious; yesiree they're pips! Paramount Potato Chips!
                                  Grew up outside of Lansing, Michigan!

One for Paramount Potato Chips I saw some 20 years ago was *so* bizarre I never forgot it - the first part was simply cheap 16mm footage of some kids playing ball with some cheerful martial music soundtrack straight out of an old Japanese monster movie - then there's an abrupt cut to a stiff figurine of an anthropomorphized potato chip in Western gear being shuffled across a screen with some jolly singing cowboy soundtrack, presumably the chip singing although his mouth isn't moving.

Paramount? Home of Slim Chipply?

Do you remember the first ad they had with kids in it? They were playing hockey. My best friend Lorne was in that one. He lived next door to a Paramount exec. I thought it was so cool, then when they filmed the second one, the ones were you see them playing ball? Rememeber the fat kid near the bottom of the screen? That was me.

Anyway, the song went like this:
                                  I'm Slim Chipply, the guy you see on the Paramount potato chip bright red packages. They're delious, and so nutrious, yes sir-ree they're pips! Paramount Potato chips.

Dang! Small world, isn't it?
                                  Well, Slim is the Flavor Deputy, I've heard.

I am originally from Flint Michigan and those chips were the best ever! I know the company went out of business but I sure wish I could find some that taste the same. The barbeque ones were better than any I have ever tasted and the Original were awesome as well. I am living in Kentucky now, do go back once a year or so hoping that the old Paramount company will pop up somewhere.

KAYLINDA

• Total Posts: 59
                                    RE: Name That Little Tune Thu, 10/12/06 3:21 PM (permalink)
                                    Winston takes good like a (clap clap) cigarette should. Still sticks in my mind after 40 years. But of course it's the Marlboro man I miss... lol

Tedbear

• Total Posts: 1832
                                      RE: Name That Little Tune Thu, 10/12/06 3:38 PM (permalink)
                                      quote:
                                      Originally posted by KAYLINDA

Winston takes good like a (clap clap) cigarette should. Still sticks in my mind after 40 years. But of course it's the Marlboro man I miss... lol

Actually, it was "Winston tastes good like a cigarette should". At the time, grammarians criticized the commercial because it should have been "as a cigarette should". Of course, that would not have rhymed quite as well.

Oh, in case you are not aware of it, the actor who played the Marlboro Man died of lung cancer, many years ago. It sounds like a cruel joke, but supposedly it is true.

aharste

RE: Name That Little Tune Thu, 10/12/06 5:32 PM (permalink)
                                        Brings back a lot of memories:

Nutter Butters: Have another Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookie . . . From BaNisco!

Fig Newtons: Man dancing in a fig suit: The Big! Fig! Newton! Here's the tricky part (does a little grape vine dance) The Big! Fig! Newton!

Beef-a-roni: We're having Beef-a-roni. Beef-a-roni's really neat. Beef-a-roni's fun to eat. Hurray! For Beef-a-roni.

Fritos: Aye, yi yi yi. I am the Frito Bandito. Give me your Fritos and I'll be your friend. The Frito Bandito you must not offend!

KAYLINDA

RE: Name That Little Tune Sun, 10/15/06 6:46 PM (permalink)
                                          quote:
                                          Originally posted by Tedbear

quote:
                                          Originally posted by KAYLINDA

Actually, it was "Winston tastes good like a cigarette should". At the time, grammarians criticized the commercial because it should have been "as a cigarette should". Of course, that would not have rhymed quite as well.

Oh, in case you are not aware of it, the actor who played the Marlboro Man died of lung cancer, many years ago. It sounds like a cruel joke, but supposedly it is true.

KAYLINDA

RE: Name That Little Tune Sun, 10/15/06 6:47 PM (permalink)
                                            Whoops! Thank you for fixing that! How do you edit this stuff?

Big Ugly Mich

RE: Name That Little Tune Sun, 10/15/06 9:09 PM (permalink)
                                              quote:
                                              Originally posted by TedbearOh, in case you are not aware of it, the actor who played the Marlboro Man died of lung cancer, many years ago. It sounds like a cruel joke, but supposedly it is true.
                                              Are you talking about the cowboy or the guy they hired who looked like Mark Spitz (that's a certifiable fact that I can't certify) or the midget bellhop who called for Phillip Morrrrrayessssss! Johnny Roventini (the bellhop)DID in fact die of cancer, but was well in his nineties, and did smoke Marlboros for real.
                                              quote:
                                              Originally posted by annpeeplesHot dogs, Armour hotdogs!What kind of kid eats Armour hot dogs...Fat kids, skinny kids, kids who clinb on rocks.......
                                              Tough kids, sissy kids, and even kids with chicken pox
                                              love hotdogs. Armour Hot Dogs,
                                              The dogs kids love to bite!

I forgot that part myself until I saw a rerun of The Simpsons.

Vanlev1

RE: Name That Little Tune Sat, 04/14/07 11:13 AM (permalink)
                                                I was in the hockey commercial for Paramount Potato chips. I have been trying to locate any copy of our commercial for 20 years. The commercial aired in the 70's.
                                                I sopke with the goalie Steve H. and he doesn't have one. Of course Paramount has been out of business for a while. But I still remember singing that song out on the ice. Still live in GB.....Troy S

quote:
                                                Originally posted by ccaldewey

Oh, but there was more to the Paramount song--one of the few jingles from childhood that I can remember:
                                                I'm Slim Chiply the guy you see on the Paramount Potato Chips bright red pack. I'm the flavor deputy, protecting cripsness in every sack. So delicious; so nutritious; yesiree they're pips! Paramount Potato Chips!
                                                Grew up outside of Lansing, Michigan!

One for Paramount Potato Chips I saw some 20 years ago was *so* bizarre I never forgot it - the first part was simply cheap 16mm footage of some kids playing ball with some cheerful martial music soundtrack straight out of an old Japanese monster movie - then there's an abrupt cut to a stiff figurine of an anthropomorphized potato chip in Western gear being shuffled across a screen with some jolly singing cowboy soundtrack, presumably the chip singing although his mouth isn't moving.

Paramount? Home of Slim Chipply?

Do you remember the first ad they had with kids in it? They were playing hockey. My best friend Lorne was in that one. He lived next door to a Paramount exec. I thought it was so cool, then when they filmed the second one, the ones were you see them playing ball? Rememeber the fat kid near the bottom of the screen? That was me.

Anyway, the song went like this:
                                                I'm Slim Chipply, the guy you see on the Paramount potato chip bright red packages. They're delious, and so nutrious, yes sir-ree they're pips! Paramount Potato chips.

Dang! Small world, isn't it?
                                                Well, Slim is the Flavor Deputy, I've heard.

Scarlett

• Total Posts: 402
                                                  RE: Name That Little Tune Sat, 04/14/07 10:25 PM (permalink)
                                                  ..From the valley of th'
                                                  HO HO HO
                                                  Green Giant!!!

BrooklynBill

• Total Posts: 187
                                                    RE: Name That Little Tune Sun, 04/15/07 12:12 AM (permalink)
                                                    Pick a pair of six packs – pick a pair of Bud!
                                                    The summer of ’58 was the first year of my life that the Dodgers did not play in Brooklyn -- and there they were on TV, straight from LA, --- and sponsored by good old Budweiser – not a real Brooklyn beer.
                                                    Even worse they kept blasting that dumb jingle – “Pick a Pair of Six Packs – Pick a Pair of Bud! BUDWEISER!!!"

Bill

skylar0ne

• Total Posts: 473
                                                      RE: Name That Little Tune Sun, 04/15/07 2:12 PM (permalink)
                                                      We made fun of the Winston cigarette commercial by singing this to the tune:

Winston tastes bad, like the last one I had
                                                      No filter blend, cause I (clap clap) lit the wrong end.

Big Ugly Mich

RE: Name That Little Tune Mon, 04/16/07 12:07 PM (permalink)
                                                        quote:
                                                        Originally posted by BrooklynBillPick a pair of six packs – pick a pair of Bud!
                                                        The summer of ’58 was the first year of my life that the Dodgers did not play in Brooklyn -- and there they were on TV, straight from LA, --- and sponsored by good old Budweiser – not a real Brooklyn beer.
                                                        Even worse they kept blasting that dumb jingle – “Pick a Pair of Six Packs – Pick a Pair of Bud! BUDWEISER!!!"

Bill
                                                        Just head off to Saint Louis and go to the zoo. For FREE! On the Busch family. Or think about the Miller Light commercials featuring all the retired jocks. Bob Uecker is singularly funny, but where did he go when the Braves traded him? To the Cardinals.

ErnieG

• Location: Glendale, CA
                                                          RE: Name That Little Tune Thu, 05/10/07 1:54 AM (permalink)
                                                          I think you got the Paramount Potato Chip song ALMOST exactly right. If I remember correctly, the third line was: "They're delicious, and so nutritious..."

mbrookes

• Total Posts: 1350
                                                            • Location: Jackson, MS
                                                            RE: Name That Little Tune Thu, 05/10/07 1:13 PM (permalink)
                                                            Tedbear, actually the Marlboro Man was played by Chunkin' Charlie Connerly of NY Giants fame. He was from my hometown(Clarksdale, MS) and his wife Perianne still lives there.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 10 of 11, messages 271 to 300 of 310

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 3 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com