The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Name that Roadfood Restaurant!!

Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > >> | Showing page 11 of 38, messages 301 to 330 of 1122
buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 06/17/09 12:59 PM (permalink)
A closed sign next to a Pie Happy Hour sign.  Kind of makes you want to cry, huh?

The Travelin Man

• Total Posts: 3698
    Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 06/17/09 1:25 PM (permalink)
    Dude....I about did.  Fortunately, there was a nearby hippo that made me happy.

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
      • Roadfood Insider
      Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 06/17/09 1:26 PM (permalink)
      The Travelin Man

Now that's a TTM photo we ALL should recognize....... 

But wait how do we narrow it down to the hundreds of places he has been travelinmanned at.  ;-)

I have even had the unpleasure of being travelinmanned with TTM.  Molly's made a decent backup.

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 06/17/09 1:54 PM (permalink)
        The Travelin Man

Dude....I about did.  Fortunately, there was a nearby hippo that made me happy.
        Yeah, hippos have that effect on me, too!  Especially that one.

zataar

• Total Posts: 1440
          Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 06/17/09 3:53 PM (permalink)
          Dawn, I 99% sure where it is, but I'm waiting for you:-)

Ahi Mpls.

• Total Posts: 922
            Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 06/17/09 5:50 PM (permalink)
              My " Brain cloud " is really acting up today! guess it's time to throw in the moist towelette....please don't kick me off RF!! I really like it here!!   Take it away Karen!   ps.  I do know that I've seen that tablecloth, but can't find WHERE!!!

Ahi Mpls.

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 06/17/09 7:35 PM (permalink)
                Ye gadz, I'm EXAUSTED!  after MANY hours of drooling over food pictures and absolutely no help from anyone I have come up with- drumroll,please...The Texan cafe in Hutto Rhode Island!  whew, I really need a nap.

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 06/17/09 7:49 PM (permalink)
                Yes....and no. 

The Texan Cafe is correct.  It is in Hutto.  But, it is in Texas, not Rhode Island.

Hutto is the Home of the Hippos!

<message edited by The Travelin Man on Wed, 06/17/09 7:50 PM>

Ahi Mpls.

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 06/17/09 8:30 PM (permalink)
                    you silly! I was just trying to rile a Rhode Islander....

Davydd

• Total Posts: 6222
                    Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 06/17/09 8:48 PM (permalink)
                    AHI MPLS

you silly! I was just trying to rile a Rhode Islander....

Is that like holding out a hunk of lutefisk?

CajunKing

• Roadfood Insider
                      Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/18/09 3:29 AM (permalink)
                      Ok boys and girls

Here is another one and TTM no fair answering

We are not talking paces lounge/restaurant either its the mauve colored one in the middle

<message edited by CajunKing on Thu, 06/18/09 3:30 AM>

Ahi Mpls.

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/18/09 8:25 AM (permalink)

Oooo!  that one is " right next door! "  Edgar's in Elk point So. Dakota?  shoulda blurred the mortar & pestle too!!

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/18/09 8:50 AM (permalink)
                          I don't know why I was banned from answering that one.  I almost thought it was another place when you specifically called me out - but, Elk Point, SD is wayyyyy off my radar!

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/18/09 9:19 AM (permalink)
                            Continuing with my theme from yesterday....

Obviously, my kind of place....one that is open (almost) 24 hours!  Not even I can screw this up!
                            <message edited by The Travelin Man on Thu, 06/18/09 9:21 AM>

zataar

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/18/09 9:32 AM (permalink)
                              La Teresita, Tampa FL. The paper machine gave it away.

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/18/09 9:48 AM (permalink)
                                Yeah...I purposely left that clue in there.  The pink stucco might have still given it away - but, I didn't want this one to go on too long. 

I think I have another one - with you in mind - to go next....

(This one may or may not be listed on the web site - I forget - but, it has definitely been in print.)
                                <message edited by The Travelin Man on Thu, 06/18/09 9:50 AM>

zataar

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/18/09 10:10 AM (permalink)
                                  This one is tougher than it appears at first glance.

zataar

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/18/09 10:20 AM (permalink)
                                    My first thought was Pike Place, but I don't remember wooden sidewalks. Hmmm, this is going to be challenging.

zataar

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/18/09 10:23 AM (permalink)
                                      Not Pike Place, but Ivar's? 

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/18/09 10:28 AM (permalink)
                                        Not Ivar's.  You are in the right realm, geographically.

zataar

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/18/09 10:42 AM (permalink)
                                          The only place I can recall that is that color, (which Ivar's in not, duh...) is Norma's Oceanside Diner in Seaside, Oregon. I'm at a loss.

CajunKing

• Roadfood Insider
                                            Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/18/09 1:55 PM (permalink)
                                            TTM

I actually meant to disclude BB not you, sorry :-(

Ahi Mpls.

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/18/09 2:58 PM (permalink)

Um, maybe 3 crabs in Seattle? it's in 3 of my books...but can't find a picture.

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/18/09 3:00 PM (permalink)
                                                You guys are oh-so-close!  Would a picture of my meal at said restaurant help?  Maybe if we don't have a winner by the time I leave my office for the - get this - WEEKEND!!! - I will post an accompanying photo.   Or, worse, I could remove the one-day waiting period on buffetbuster!
                                                <message edited by The Travelin Man on Thu, 06/18/09 3:01 PM>

Ahi Mpls.

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/18/09 3:10 PM (permalink)
                                                    How 'bout Dan & Louis' ???

zataar

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/18/09 3:11 PM (permalink)
                                                    Oh Good Gosh, The light bulb over my head just went on. Ray's Boathouse! I can't believe I didn't get that right away. I was making it harder than I should have. It would have helped if I would have looked at my own Ballard photos....

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/18/09 4:10 PM (permalink)
                                                      Ray's Boathouse is, of course, correct.  I was sitting here wondering how you DIDN'T get that one.  I had a couple of different Ray's photos (me sitting outside on the back against the water, the food, etc.), but this one seemed to be a good one.

As promised, the food that I ate (you'll never believe it)....

Drumroll....

Yes, folks.  I had a salad.  A tasty one, at that.  It had smoked salmon and smoked scallops.  The shrimp were very flavorful.  It was a good salad.
                                                      <message edited by The Travelin Man on Thu, 06/18/09 4:14 PM>

Ahi Mpls.

• Location: Minneapolis, MN
                                                        Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/18/09 4:25 PM (permalink)

Yay,Karen!! clapclapclap!  TTM, are you sure that wasn't a Sea Monkey salad? they are so cute and TINY!!!

The Travelin Man

• Location: Central FL
                                                          Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/18/09 4:30 PM (permalink)
                                                          Nahhh...they taste like chicken.  This stuff definitely tasted like salmon, scallops and shrimp.

Ahi Mpls.

• Location: Minneapolis, MN
                                                            Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/18/09 4:35 PM (permalink)

Don't get me wrong, it's VERY pretty and I'll bet it was delish. Guess I'm just used to the JUMBO shrimp native to Minnesota!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > >> | Showing page 11 of 38, messages 301 to 330 of 1122

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com