The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Name that Roadfood Restaurant!!

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 3 of 38, messages 61 to 90 of 1122
Ahi Mpls.

• Total Posts: 922
Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 05/27/09 8:38 AM (permalink)
TOO many clues in this one!!  Ya gotcha " J's "  and a delicious bovine.... must be Johnny's in Omaha!! 

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 05/27/09 8:42 AM (permalink)
    Nancypalooza

That looks like the first location in an all-Roadfood sequel to 'The Da Vinci Code.'  Of course Dale will be the monk flagellating himself for eating regionally inappropriate food.
    You are killing me!  WHERE do you come up with this stuff?!?!?

Nancypalooza

• Total Posts: 3778
      Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 05/27/09 9:10 AM (permalink)
      Oh Cliff, it's the Snark 101 class I had in college.  Wait . . you went to Clemson.  My bad.  (/big old wink)

The Travelin Man

• Total Posts: 3698
        Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 05/27/09 9:37 AM (permalink)
        AHI MPLS

TOO many clues in this one!!  Ya gotcha " J's "  and a delicious bovine.... must be Johnny's in Omaha!! 

Winner!  Winner!  Big steak dinner!!! 

I thought that this one would get solved pretty quickly, but I was afraid to say anything after the Ann Sather one went so long.  But, maybe that one only took so long because I precluded buffetbuster from playing!

I'll have to dig through my photo archives to see what else I have.  In the meantime, if anyone else wants to toss one out there, have at it!

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 05/27/09 9:49 AM (permalink)
          Congrats AHI MPLS!  Keep up the great detective work!!!

This should be a quicky, too.....

Greymo

• Total Posts: 3660
            Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 05/27/09 10:11 AM (permalink)
            Polonez  in Wisconsin

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 05/27/09 10:36 AM (permalink)
              Greymo - You answered that quickly enough that one might think there is only one restaurant in all of America with an accordian player at the ready!

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 05/27/09 11:28 AM (permalink)
                Greymo-
                Well done!  I thought one of the Milwaukee contingent would jump in and get it right away.  Have you been there before?

Greymo

• Total Posts: 3660
                  Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 05/27/09 11:59 AM (permalink)
                  I have a picture of my son, which I took)  standing in front of that mural.  Yes,  I have been there twice.

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
                    Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 05/27/09 12:39 PM (permalink)
                    Darn, thats the only one i have known so far-you guys beat me to it!!

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 05/27/09 2:18 PM (permalink)
                      Okay, let's try another one, but this shouldn't take too long either.....

TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4481
                        Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 05/27/09 3:24 PM (permalink)
                        I will guess that family style eating place in Georgia that Mr Mayor likes so much - Dillard House
                        <message edited by TJ Jackson on Wed, 05/27/09 4:33 PM>

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 05/27/09 3:54 PM (permalink)
                          TJ-
                          You are most likely thinking of the Dillard House, but that isn't it.  Nice try, though.

TJ Jackson

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 05/27/09 4:40 PM (permalink)
                            Camp 18 - Seaside, OR
                            http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=1504
                            <message edited by TJ Jackson on Wed, 05/27/09 4:42 PM>

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 05/27/09 5:00 PM (permalink)
                              That looks right to me, but I will wait for buffetbuster's confirmation.  I have one ready to go....locked and loaded, so to speak.

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 05/28/09 12:54 AM (permalink)
                                buffetbuster called me to confirm (he was unable to post) that TJ's pick of Camp 18 was correct!  Good job.

I think this next photo will be one of the quickest to be guessed correctly, but I think it is a cool photo anyway.

TJ Jackson

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 05/28/09 1:14 AM (permalink)

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 05/28/09 5:00 PM (permalink)
                                    This one took only 20 minutes.  Nice work.  Is this a place you have visited or was the Foxon Park just too much of a clue to narrow things down to New Haven?

Let me see if I can scare one or two more up...

TJ Jackson

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 05/28/09 5:27 PM (permalink)
                                      I rarely travel, as you know - and no, I have never been to LL.  What I know is from what I read here and on a few other select websites.  The wall tiles, the bread toaster, and the Foxon Park were what put it together for me.  And....those unique broilers, albeit I only suspected those were the broilers in question, as I could not really make it out in the pic

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 05/28/09 5:51 PM (permalink)
                                        Cool.  Goes to show you - you don't actually have to visit a place to sleuth out these things.  Again, I suspected that it would be figured out quickly enough....but, 20 minutes exceeded my expectations.

Have a crack at this one, folks...

TJ Jackson

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 05/28/09 6:06 PM (permalink)

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 05/29/09 8:48 AM (permalink)
                                            TJ, I suspect you are right (the desserts look especially familiar), but we will wait to hear from TTM before putting another one up.

TJ, Greymo and AHI MPLS are doing an amazing job of sleuthing these so out quickly!

Ahi Mpls.

• Total Posts: 922
                                              Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 05/29/09 9:27 AM (permalink)

Please Sirs, may we have some MORE? 

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 05/29/09 9:32 AM (permalink)
                                                Sorry...I almost forgot about this thread.  TJ is, of course, correct.  He sent me an IM last night and told me that he Googled "Good for Nuttin' Brownie" and one of the results was Hoover's.  That is some good sleuthing right there.  Had me thinking that maybe these are TOO easy????

I need to dig out a new photo.  I will see what I can come up with today.

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 05/29/09 9:39 AM (permalink)
                                                  Maybe this one will prove to be a little more difficult. 

There is one excellent clue on there, but that is about it......

plb

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 05/29/09 9:52 AM (permalink)
                                                    Wagon Wheel

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 05/29/09 9:55 AM (permalink)
                                                      13 minutes!  You guys and girls are way too good.  Congrats plb!

Here is the link to the Wagon Wheel review and their famous chocolate gravy. 

http://www.roadfood.com/Restaurant/Review/2459-2475/wagon-wheel
                                                      <message edited by buffetbuster on Fri, 05/29/09 9:57 AM>

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 05/29/09 10:01 AM (permalink)
                                                        Dang.  I don't think that is a place I've been...but, are they suggesting chocolate gravy on the biscuits???

ooops...sleuthed while I walked away from the computer for a brief meeting.

TJ Jackson

• Location: Cincinnati, OH
                                                          Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 05/29/09 11:07 AM (permalink)
                                                          re: chocolate gravy on biscuits

see http://www.dixiedining.com/dixie/kentucky.htm

scroll down to "Corner Pool and Lunch"

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 05/29/09 11:07 AM (permalink)
                                                            Okay, let's try again.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 3 of 38, messages 61 to 90 of 1122

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com