The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Name that Roadfood Restaurant!!

Change Page: << < ..21222324252627282930.. > >> | Showing page 30 of 38, messages 871 to 900 of 1122
Ahi Mpls.

• Total Posts: 922
Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Mon, 05/31/10 9:49 AM (permalink)
  Aack! I knew this would take a while!  I'm going to guess John's (on bleeker) Pizzeria. I think I spotted the paper hats in their website...

billyboy

• Total Posts: 2363
    Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Mon, 05/31/10 11:11 PM (permalink)
    Try to figure this one out:

carolina bob

• Total Posts: 3420
      Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Mon, 05/31/10 11:28 PM (permalink)
      It's an Italian hot dog but from where I don't know.

MiamiDon

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Tue, 06/1/10 5:57 AM (permalink)
        AHI MPLS

Aack! I knew this would take a while!  I'm going to guess John's (on bleeker) Pizzeria. I think I spotted the paper hats in their website...

Another Winner!!! 

Ahi Mpls.

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Tue, 06/1/10 10:06 AM (permalink)
           I'm going with Jimmy Buff's for this one... seems to be the only place that uses paper in a basket rather than a paper plate.  

billyboy

• Total Posts: 2363
            Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Tue, 06/1/10 10:09 AM (permalink)
            Dawn, your streak continues!!  I think that Italian hot dog is one of my favorite Roadfood meals!

Ahi Mpls.

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Tue, 06/1/10 10:15 AM (permalink)
                Thank you kind sir, BUT to be fair,it's easy to win when you're the only one playing!! 

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Fri, 06/11/10 3:09 PM (permalink)
                Okay, this thread has been quiet too long.  Let's see if this photo proves to be a handful!
                <message edited by buffetbuster on Fri, 06/11/10 8:01 PM>

kaszeta

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Fri, 06/11/10 4:00 PM (permalink)
                  Anchor bar in Superior, WI? 

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Fri, 06/11/10 7:31 PM (permalink)
                    kaszeta-
                    Excellent!  Have you been there?

Ahi Mpls.

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Fri, 06/11/10 9:05 PM (permalink)
                        Yay!  It's back!  Um, You MAY want to fuzzy up the name of the joint next time...  Just joshin' Kaszeta, it's pretty tiny,  Nice job! 

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Fri, 06/11/10 9:18 PM (permalink)
                        AHI MPLS-
                        I always look the photos over before I post them, but I completely missed that.  You apparently have much better eyes than I.

Ahi Mpls.

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Fri, 06/11/10 9:29 PM (permalink)
                            I hope I didn't sound snotty...  Plus I was straining to glean the name off the menus (by the mustard) for an embarrassingly long time.  

ChiTownDiner

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Sat, 06/12/10 10:11 AM (permalink)
                            AHI MPLS -

You'll have to excuse buffetbuster for his failing eyesight...I've actually seen him mistake my plate for his own and more than sample the wares!  Out of kindness similar to extending food privelages to a hungry child, I've allowed this to continue on many a trip! 

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9583
                              Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Sat, 06/12/10 8:27 PM (permalink)
                              buffetbuster

AHI MPLS-
                              I always look the photos over before I post them, but I completely missed that.  You apparently have much better eyes than I.

BB,
                              That picture should be disqualified because of that bottle of "Pittsburgh Red Sauce" visable on the table so close to the burger. A violation of Rule #6. " No bottle of ketchup should ever be within 30 feet of a hamburger or hot dog."

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Wed, 06/16/10 8:31 AM (permalink)
                                Hopefully, the name of this establishment isn't hidden in this photo somewhere:

joerogo

• Total Posts: 4469
                                  Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Wed, 06/16/10 8:33 AM (permalink)
                                  Rocky Mountain Oysters?

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Wed, 06/16/10 8:42 AM (permalink)
                                    Joe-
                                    You are in the, uh, right neighborhood!

kaszeta

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Wed, 06/16/10 2:49 PM (permalink)
                                      buffetbuster

kaszeta-
                                      Excellent!  Have you been there?

Yeah, I've been to Anchor Bar in Superior.  Used to go there a lot after scuba diving in Lake Superior.

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Fri, 07/9/10 2:15 PM (permalink)
                                        So, nobody has the cojones to tackle this one, huh?

MiamiDon

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Fri, 07/9/10 2:50 PM (permalink)
                                          Lamb fries at the Buckhorn?

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Fri, 07/9/10 2:52 PM (permalink)
                                            Right food, wrong place!

Greymo

• Total Posts: 3668
                                              Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Fri, 07/9/10 4:14 PM (permalink)
                                              Cattlemen's

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Fri, 07/9/10 4:17 PM (permalink)
                                                Yeah!!!  Greymo got it!

Ahi Mpls.

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Fri, 07/9/10 6:38 PM (permalink)
                                                    Aw, Rats! I thought the Cousin Johnny picture was the last one! How do I keep missing things...I could have been joyfully hunting testicles all this time!     (  )

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Tue, 07/13/10 2:17 PM (permalink)

This could be a toughie.  Unless, the name of the restaurant is spelled out in the beans and I missed it!

Ahi Mpls.

• Location: Minneapolis, MN
                                                      Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Wed, 07/14/10 10:51 AM (permalink)
                                                         Hmmm, Are the pepper flakes spelling out "Discount Center Cafeteria" ?    (of Burton WV)  

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Wed, 07/14/10 10:57 AM (permalink)
                                                        Sorry AHI, the ladies at Burton Discount Center told me in no uncertain terms that no photographs were allowed in their place.  This isn't just a random dish, it is a favorite in the city where it was photographed.

kaszeta

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Wed, 07/14/10 11:12 AM (permalink)
                                                          buffetbuster

Sorry AHI, the ladies at Burton Discount Center told me in no uncertain terms that no photographs were allowed in their place. 

That was going to be my guess as well.  I too have been told by the fine folks at Burton Discount that no photography was allowed, one of the few places I've been told that[1].  I'm stumped, since I can't think of any place that serves a bean soup in styrofoam like that.

[1] Others include Punch Pizzeria in St Paul ("You'll have to leave sir.  You're welcome to come back, without the camera."  They've since softened this policy and now encourage photography), Ranch Market in Phoenix, AZ, and Momofuku Ssam Bar.

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Wed, 07/14/10 11:27 AM (permalink)
                                                            kaszeta-
                                                            Glad I wasn't the only one at Burton Discount Center who they told that to.  My list includes Original Hot Dog Shop here in Pittsburgh and the people at Ted's in Buffalo told me no photographs of their grill.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: << < ..21222324252627282930.. > >> | Showing page 30 of 38, messages 871 to 900 of 1122

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com