The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Name that Roadfood Restaurant!!

Change Page: << < ..3132333435363738 > | Showing page 35 of 38, messages 1021 to 1050 of 1122
The Travelin Man

• Total Posts: 3698
Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Mon, 02/21/11 4:40 PM (permalink)
@ BB - Yeah, well one of those slugs ate most of my damn pie.

@ AHI - What are the odds that he would post a picture from the ONE place that I posted one in the last year or so?  

Ahi Mpls.

• Total Posts: 922
    Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Mon, 02/21/11 4:43 PM (permalink)
     He's hopped up on goofball pie.  
     Are those gals genuine PIE groupies?  I considered doing that.
    <message edited by AHI MPLS on Mon, 02/21/11 4:45 PM>

billyboy

• Total Posts: 2363
      Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Mon, 02/21/11 10:23 PM (permalink)
      Gregg, your place looks like it's in Boston's North End.  Could it be Pizzeria Regina?

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Tue, 02/22/11 8:18 AM (permalink)
        Sorry AHI!  Apparently, I am hopped up on goofball pie.  MMMMMM, goofball pie......

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Mon, 05/9/11 8:58 PM (permalink)
          Okay, time has healed all wounds and I am finally over the humiliation of what I like to call The Elegant Incident.  Try this one out!

Hopefully, a photo of this place hasn't already been posted, especially by me.

Ralph Melton

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Mon, 05/9/11 10:05 PM (permalink)
            Tell us, please, of The Elegant Incident. I've told of my own Stinking Rose Incident, so I'm there with you in sharing humiliation.

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Mon, 05/9/11 10:29 PM (permalink)
              Ralph-
              Nothing as interesting as your incident,  I posted a photo from The Elegant Farmer, despite the fact that TTM posted one from the same place just on the previous page.

Ahi Mpls.

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Tue, 05/10/11 9:54 AM (permalink)
                 Egg-cellent!  This bad boy oughta keep me busy all day! 
                   Ozarka bottled water & Kingsford charcoal.  WHY am I thinking that they may be red herrings?  
                  (deep breath)  I'm goin' in!  

seafarer john

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Tue, 05/10/11 10:11 AM (permalink)
                  Is that place actually open for business?

Cheers, John 

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Tue, 05/10/11 1:51 PM (permalink)
                    seafarer john-
                    You should have seen the place before they spruced it up!

AHI MPLS-
                    To the best of my knowledge, they do not serve red herrings.  But if they did, if would most likely be the best red herrings you have ever had!

Ahi Mpls.

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Wed, 05/11/11 3:57 PM (permalink)
                       I am stymied by the white cardboard boxes.  I SHOULD be thinking that they are pie (cake, doughnut) boxes, but my heart wants them to be chicken boxes...
                       since I am most likely the only one playing, maybe you could give me a tiny clue?  
                       I love this game.  

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Wed, 05/11/11 4:01 PM (permalink)
                        I don't know if Dr. Freud really said it on not, but sometimes a cigar really is just a cigar!

Greymo

• Total Posts: 3660
                          Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Wed, 05/11/11 4:06 PM (permalink)
                          Well,  I am playing too  but am  clueless>  If  I saw this part of the establishment  first, I  think I  would have left!

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Wed, 05/11/11 4:08 PM (permalink)
                            Greymo-
                            There is no doubt that the atmosphere of this place is a little off kilter, but the reward makes is so worthwhile!!!

Greymo

• Total Posts: 3660
                              Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Wed, 05/11/11 4:17 PM (permalink)
                              Price's  Chicken Coop?

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Wed, 05/11/11 5:37 PM (permalink)
                                Sorry Greymo, it is not Price's, although I like the way you are thinking.  This place does not have chicken.

Ahi Mpls.

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Wed, 05/11/11 6:40 PM (permalink)
                                   Freud! Cigars!...
                                    Cubans? Ybor? Aaaaargh! 
                                   Could it possibly be a scary hidden corner in (one of the) La Teresita's? 
                                    Goshdarn Fowle's in MA. had me going for a while too... 
                                    This one is killin' me.  Love it!  

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Wed, 05/11/11 8:01 PM (permalink)
                                    You are overthinking this one darlin'!

Ahi Mpls.

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Wed, 05/11/11 8:19 PM (permalink)
                                       Oh my stars and fishes! Is it the Family pie shop in Arkansas?!
                                         That was my original thought but I couldn't find a proper corresponding photo...

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Wed, 05/11/11 8:21 PM (permalink)
                                        It is indeed the front room of the Family Pie Shop!  Great job!

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Thu, 05/12/11 8:32 PM (permalink)
                                          Well, no one else jumped in with a photo, so I will throw another one out there.

<message edited by buffetbuster on Thu, 05/12/11 8:38 PM>

6star

• Total Posts: 4388
                                            Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Thu, 05/12/11 8:58 PM (permalink)
                                            A Mayan juice bar in Merida, Yucatan?

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Fri, 05/13/11 11:21 AM (permalink)
                                              Sorry 6star.  While Spanish is most definitely the main language spoken at this place, it is inside the USA.

Ahi Mpls.

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Sat, 05/14/11 9:33 AM (permalink)
                                                 Oh golly!  "Back from the dead",  " Hernias & ulcers"  YUM!  
                                                  I'm going with  "Juice n' Fruit"  in Tucson.  the neon in the reflection seems to match, but it seems that this SHOULD be in Los Angeles...I don't know why.   

i95

• Total Posts: 2500
                                                  Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Sat, 05/14/11 9:47 AM (permalink)
                                                  buffetbuster

The snack bar at an Arizona DMV?

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Sat, 05/14/11 5:41 PM (permalink)
                                                    I know this doesn't make sense, but both AHI MPLS and i95 are 100% correct!

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
                                                      • Location: West Allis, Wisconsin
                                                      Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Sat, 05/14/11 7:52 PM (permalink)
                                                      They have snack bars at the DMV??? Wow!

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Sun, 05/15/11 10:03 AM (permalink)
                                                        Wha cha got?

Ahi Mpls.

• Location: Minneapolis, MN
                                                          Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Sun, 05/15/11 10:15 AM (permalink)
                                                           Where are the pickles!  

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood Restaurant!! Sun, 05/15/11 7:38 PM (permalink)
                                                            Oh, you are too good!  Here are some of the Porubsky pickles right here!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: << < ..3132333435363738 > | Showing page 35 of 38, messages 1021 to 1050 of 1122

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com