The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Name that Roadfood Restaurant!!

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 4 of 38, messages 91 to 120 of 1122
The Travelin Man

• Total Posts: 3698
Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 05/29/09 11:15 AM (permalink)
Oooohhhh....I think I actually know that one.  Would I be mistaken to think that the topic of this dish came up in conversation this past weekend?

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 05/29/09 11:20 AM (permalink)
    TTM-
    Can't remember why it came up, but I believe you are correct.  Man, I love this dish!

Greymo

• Total Posts: 3660
      Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 05/29/09 11:50 AM (permalink)
      Pierogies Plus

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 05/29/09 12:19 PM (permalink)
        buffetbuster

TTM-
        Can't remember why it came up, but I believe you are correct.  Man, I love this dish!

Then I am confident that I can name the dish.  I am pretty sure that I know the location, too...but, I will see if others want to post a guess first.

TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4480
          Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 05/29/09 12:23 PM (permalink)
          Well, no clues in the pic - heck, I don't even know what I'd call this dish

I found the answer via a method that isn't within the spirt of this thread, so I will recuse myself

My first thought was 'chicken and rice" and that wasn't right

<message edited by TJ Jackson on Fri, 05/29/09 12:33 PM>

Ahi Mpls.

• Total Posts: 922
            Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 05/29/09 12:31 PM (permalink)

Gadzooks! is it west indies salad??  but WHERE!!!???

Ahi Mpls.

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 05/29/09 12:39 PM (permalink)

Well I'm going with Wintzels ( is that the right spelling? ) in Mobile....

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 05/29/09 12:46 PM (permalink)
                AHI MPLS

Well I'm going with Wintzels ( is that the right spelling? ) in Mobile....
                Winner!!!

http://www.roadfood.com/Restaurant/Review/96-96/wintzells-oyster-house

<message edited by buffetbuster on Fri, 05/29/09 1:10 PM>

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 05/29/09 1:13 PM (permalink)
                  I'm thinking this could be a tester.  But the clue is there.  Let's find out.....

Ahi Mpls.

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 05/29/09 1:18 PM (permalink)

Hmmm fries, fry sauce = Utah.....maybe burger bar?? 

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 05/29/09 1:46 PM (permalink)
                      AHI MPLS

Hmmm fries, fry sauce = Utah.....maybe burger bar?? 
                      You're knocking on the door.....  Don't forget all the photos will be from places reviewed on the site.

Ahi Mpls.

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 05/29/09 1:56 PM (permalink)

Why, what is that I see behind the beautiful burger at Hire's Big H !!?? could it be?? 

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 05/29/09 2:11 PM (permalink)
                          Once again, way to go Dawn!!!!  I really thought that one may take a while.  At least an hour!
                          <message edited by buffetbuster on Fri, 05/29/09 2:12 PM>

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 05/29/09 2:14 PM (permalink)
                            I immediately recognized the West Indies salad and eventually came to the conclusion that it had to be Wintzell's - but, you got me on the fries and dipping sauce.

Ahi Mpls.

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 05/29/09 2:15 PM (permalink)

I think what you mean to say is - GET A LIFE!!!!!  I am SUCH a trivia GEEK!! 

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 05/29/09 3:07 PM (permalink)
                                Not sure if TTM is waiting to put one up......

Okay, since I can't post from home, this will be my last one for the weekend.

plb

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 05/29/09 5:16 PM (permalink)
                                  Don't know, but that tee shirt shows a lot of class.

Ahi Mpls.

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 05/29/09 5:29 PM (permalink)

C'mon gang!! am I the only one still playing this game??  OK.....had to go with casco bay and breakfast for this one, and a teeny tiny bit of LOBSTER BENNY visible on BB's plate... SO,  The Porthole in Portland Maine?

Nancypalooza

• Total Posts: 3778
                                      Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 05/29/09 6:13 PM (permalink)
                                      Dawn--look in his Florida trip report from this spring.  I think I recognize the paint.

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Sat, 05/30/09 5:38 AM (permalink)
                                        plb

Don't know, but that tee shirt shows a lot of class.
                                        Boiler up!

Dawn is right, it is The Porthole.  I figured the ultimate clue would be the Down East sign in the background.  Congrats again!

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
                                          Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Sat, 05/30/09 1:17 PM (permalink)
                                          Dawn-I am trying!!But you are sooooo darn quick! Good job...

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Sat, 05/30/09 2:21 PM (permalink)
                                            Good job, Dawn!  I have one in the hopper...just need to get the picture loaded.  I think this is one that will get guessed quickly, too.

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Sat, 05/30/09 3:21 PM (permalink)
                                              OK...kids....clock is running....

<message edited by The Travelin Man on Sat, 05/30/09 3:25 PM>

Bruce Bilmes and Susan Boyle

• Total Posts: 1350
                                                • Roadfood Insider
                                                Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Sat, 05/30/09 3:28 PM (permalink)
                                                Every St. Louis wedding party stops there, don't they?

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Sat, 05/30/09 4:20 PM (permalink)
                                                  In this case, two at the same time!

• Location: Robbinsville, NJ
                                                    • Roadfood Insider
                                                    Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Sat, 05/30/09 4:35 PM (permalink)
                                                    I believe the bride gets handed to the groom upside down.

Ahi Mpls.

• Location: Minneapolis, MN
                                                      Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Sat, 05/30/09 4:42 PM (permalink)

HA! youze guys are so silly!!  I see many bright yellow cups!! I'm very sure I've seen those cups in a trip report, or is it 53 trip reports!??  

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Sat, 05/30/09 4:49 PM (permalink)
                                                        Bruce Bilmes and Sue Boyle

I believe the bride gets handed to the groom upside down.

If only I had better photoshop skills!

I told you this was an easy one, but I just like the picture.  As a matter of fact, it is easily in my Top 10 photos taken at Roadfood establishments!

Ahi Mpls.

• Location: Minneapolis, MN
                                                          Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Sat, 05/30/09 4:55 PM (permalink)
                                                          Hmmm is it just me, or does anyone think that this young lady bears an uncanny resemblance to the little lass at Does...... 

• Location: Robbinsville, NJ
                                                            • Roadfood Insider
                                                            Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Sat, 05/30/09 5:02 PM (permalink)
                                                            It is a great photo!

Keeping with the wedding party theme:

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 4 of 38, messages 91 to 120 of 1122

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com