The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Name that Roadfood Restaurant!!

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 5 of 38, messages 121 to 150 of 1122
Nancypalooza

• Total Posts: 3778
Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Sat, 05/30/09 6:06 PM (permalink)
Awww, that's adorable.  Congrats Rushmores!

Bruce Bilmes and Susan Boyle

• Total Posts: 1350
    • Roadfood Insider
    Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Sat, 05/30/09 6:38 PM (permalink)
    Yes (years old, though), but where was the photo taken?

Ahi Mpls.

• Total Posts: 922
      Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Sat, 05/30/09 6:53 PM (permalink)
       I'm looking, I'm looking!!!! strangely enough, that was one of the first things that I ever read on RF- and all I remember was that it was someplace that served MESSY food- I was worried about the dress!!! so I'm narrowing it down to chili dogs or possibly Hot Truck Sandwiches...where tho, WHERE!!??  

Greymo

• Total Posts: 3662
        Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Sat, 05/30/09 7:23 PM (permalink)
        It was taken at the Shortstop Deli in Ithaca, NY.

Bruce Bilmes and Susan Boyle

• Total Posts: 1350
          • Roadfood Insider
          Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Sat, 05/30/09 11:48 PM (permalink)
          Yes it was. 

Ahi Mpls.

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Sun, 05/31/09 12:00 AM (permalink)

OH, Ratzanbiskitz!!!  Nice one Greymo!!  I'm keepin my on on you ...

TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4482
              Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Sun, 05/31/09 1:49 AM (permalink)
              ....but as I understand it, it *should* have been taken at the Hot Truck

The Travelin Man

• Total Posts: 3698
                Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Sun, 05/31/09 2:10 AM (permalink)
                AHI MPLS

Hmmm is it just me, or does anyone think that this young lady bears an uncanny resemblance to the little lass at Does...... 

Don't ever let it be said that I don't have "a type!"

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Sun, 05/31/09 6:54 PM (permalink)
                  Wha' cha got?

Ahi Mpls.

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Mon, 06/1/09 9:44 AM (permalink)

Ye Gadz... this one is EXUASTING!!!

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Mon, 06/1/09 10:33 AM (permalink)
                      Could you have that girl turn a little to the left, please.

My initial guess was going to be Avalon Diner in Houston, but I don't think that's right.

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Mon, 06/1/09 10:40 AM (permalink)
                        TTM-
                        I like your thinking here, but no.  Here is the woman at Avalon Diner making shakes (after previously squeezing lemons for lemonade) for Johnny and I.

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Mon, 06/1/09 10:47 AM (permalink)
                          Even the box of ice cream cones looks similar.  Like I said, I didn't think it was right.  If she had been squeezing lemons or limes for fresh lemon/limeaid, then I might have had a fighting chance.

Greymo

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Mon, 06/1/09 4:42 PM (permalink)
                            OK    It is time for you to  give us a clue.

Ahi Mpls.

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Mon, 06/1/09 4:59 PM (permalink)

BY golly I think I've got it!!!  Bell's drugstore in Kentucky???

Ahi Mpls.

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Tue, 06/2/09 12:28 AM (permalink)

Check,check,Test.... Is this thing on?

TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4482
                                  Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Tue, 06/2/09 1:52 AM (permalink)
                                  Based on the formica pattern on the countertop and the shape and color of the panels behind the shake mixer, I'd say it is highly probable in the extreme that you have it

http://www.roadfood.com/Restaurant/Reviews/3477/bells-drug-store

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Tue, 06/2/09 8:14 AM (permalink)
                                    AHI MPLS

BY golly I think I've got it!!!  Bell's drugstore in Kentucky???
                                    Correctamundo!!!!!  Way to go!  At least I gave you a toughie for a change.  I am curious.....  how did you figure this one out?

<message edited by buffetbuster on Tue, 06/2/09 8:22 AM>

Greymo

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Tue, 06/2/09 8:52 AM (permalink)
                                      That was a fun one !  I looked at Bell's Drug Store and the squeezer looked like the one in your picture but when I read  Michael Sterns description, it said  "Here is where the magic happens. To the right, the juicer for lemons and oranges. To the left, the milk shake mixer. We were struck by how impeccably clean everything was behind the counter."

The fact that the picture in the review shows the  equipment in a different  position threw me off!

Good Job,  AHI MPLS!

Ahi Mpls.

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Tue, 06/2/09 9:42 AM (permalink)

Yay!!   Yep Greymo, I saw that the juicer looked to be the same one and then the cash register is visible in the review photo so... TA-DA!! only took a day and a half    I really should learn how to use the mysterious " search functions" I just look at pic. after pic. after pic.....lucky for me, that's one of my very favorite things to do!!   SUCH a GEEK!!!    Dawn

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Tue, 06/2/09 11:13 AM (permalink)
                                          Not sure if TTM has one ready to go or not.  In the meantime, I'm guessing this shouldn't take too long at all.

Greymo

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Tue, 06/2/09 11:24 AM (permalink)
                                            That looks like  Harry Caray's  Chicken Vesuvio  to me!

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Tue, 06/2/09 11:28 AM (permalink)
                                              Way to go Greymo!  And in record time!  Isn't chicken vesuvio a great dish? 

Knowing it would be a quicky, I have another one ready.

Besides naming the Roadfood place, you have to correctly guess whether that actually looks like WJ or not!

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Tue, 06/2/09 12:20 PM (permalink)
                                                I am not sure of the place, but I am confident that photo looks nothing like wanderingjew.

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7384
                                                  • Location: East Greenwich/ Warwick, RI
                                                  • Roadfood Insider
                                                  Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Tue, 06/2/09 12:48 PM (permalink)
                                                  I'm really bad at this- which is why I haven't played. I've also been busy typing some new restaurant reviews on word.

Actually since this was taken on Buffetbuster's camera- it actually does look like me. You'll have to guess if I was really at this place, or  if I was just "photoshopped" in.

Greymo

• Location: Marriottsville, MD
                                                    Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Tue, 06/2/09 4:29 PM (permalink)
                                                    I think that this photo was taken in a professional studio with excellent lighting to make a person look younger than he is.  That cone is merely a  "prop".

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Tue, 06/2/09 4:41 PM (permalink)
                                                      Maybe the decoy in this photo is that it is not a Roadfood restaurant.  It could be the well-known national chain, Dairy Queen????

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7384
                                                        • Location: East Greenwich/ Warwick, RI
                                                        • Roadfood Insider
                                                        Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Tue, 06/2/09 4:49 PM (permalink)
                                                        Greymo

I think that this photo was taken in a professional studio with excellent lighting to make a person look younger than he is.  That cone is merely a  "prop".

Here's a recent photo of Greymo
                                                        taken in the exact same studio...

<message edited by wanderingjew on Tue, 06/2/09 10:31 PM>

Ahi Mpls.

• Location: Minneapolis, MN
                                                          Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Tue, 06/2/09 9:40 PM (permalink)

Hey, no fair!!! the picture of Greymo didn't come through... but the picture of Hugh Jackman with the Ice cream cone is clear as a bell!! 

The Travelin Man

• Location: Central FL
                                                            Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Tue, 06/2/09 10:14 PM (permalink)
                                                            I don't see Hugh Jackman.

I see Hugh Jass...but, definitely not Hugh Jackman.

I could see where confusion could arise!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 5 of 38, messages 121 to 150 of 1122

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com