The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Name that Roadfood Restaurant!!

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 6 of 38, messages 151 to 180 of 1122
wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7386
  • Roadfood Insider
Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Tue, 06/2/09 10:29 PM (permalink)
The Travelin Man

I don't see Hugh Jackman.

I see Hugh Jass...but, definitely not Hugh Jackman.

I could see where confusion could arise!

I think TTM has been spending to much time admiring himself in the mirror!

<message edited by wanderingjew on Tue, 06/2/09 10:40 PM>

billyboy

• Total Posts: 2363
    Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Tue, 06/2/09 10:43 PM (permalink)
    Could it be Anderson's Frozen Custard in Buffalo, NY?

carolina bob

• Total Posts: 3420
      Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Tue, 06/2/09 11:05 PM (permalink)
      Kopp's or Gilles, perhaps?

billyboy

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Tue, 06/2/09 11:08 PM (permalink)
        Here is one more, kids!

billyboy

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Tue, 06/2/09 11:15 PM (permalink)
          And where were these lovelies captured on film?  And by "lovelies", of course, I mean my handsome features!  

billyboy

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Tue, 06/2/09 11:24 PM (permalink)
            For years, this was the only "table" at this now 71 year old Roadfood establishment.

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 06/3/09 8:11 AM (permalink)
              billyboy

Could it be Anderson's Frozen Custard in Buffalo, NY?
              You got it!  Good job!

Are you saying all three of your photos are from the same place or three different places?

billyboy

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 06/3/09 8:53 AM (permalink)
                Good point sir!  They are from three different Roadfood reviewed establishments.

Greymo

• Total Posts: 3663
                  Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 06/3/09 9:16 AM (permalink)
                  I am fairly sure that the first one is Brooks' House of Bar-B-Q.  A  formerCentral New Yorker can spot great bar-b-que chicken anywhere!

The last picture is  Voss Bar-B-Que  in  Yorkville, NY  where I have  eaten many hot dogs.
                  <message edited by Greymo on Wed, 06/3/09 9:40 AM>

billyboy

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 06/3/09 10:05 AM (permalink)
                    Give Greymo a kewpie doll!  You are correct, ma'am.  I've downed more than my share of BBQ sandwiches and french fries at Voss' and fell in love with Brooks' at first bite!
                    <message edited by billyboy on Thu, 06/4/09 10:44 AM>

Ahi Mpls.

• Total Posts: 922
                      Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 06/3/09 2:30 PM (permalink)
                        And I do believe the middle pic. is from Eddie's in Sylvan park NY !!   that's a mighty pretty platter of pie!!!

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 06/3/09 3:50 PM (permalink)
                        Assuming that Greymo and AHI MPLS are correct (and aren't those ladies always correct?) and all of billyboy's are guessed, how about this one?

billyboy

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 06/3/09 4:48 PM (permalink)
                          Dawn, actually, it's Sylvan Beach, NY, but is correctumundo!  Eddie's Restaurant has been a family favorite for decades and this is theis 75th year.  Love that pie!

TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4484
                            Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 06/3/09 5:15 PM (permalink)

The Travelin Man

• Total Posts: 3698
                              Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 06/3/09 5:18 PM (permalink)
                              Oooh oooh oooh!  I know this one.  I did some research to see if I could weave it into my travels this past fall.  More importantly, I can spot your Roadfood book on the table to the right.  For awhile, I would try to sneak my Roadfood book into photos - now, the book is just one more thing to pack when I fly!

This photo reminds me of my favorite line from the movie Arthur, too:  "Usually one must go to a bowling alley to meet a woman of your stature."

ETA:  I thought it was a different place than TJ.
                              <message edited by The Travelin Man on Wed, 06/3/09 5:19 PM>

Ahi Mpls.

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 06/3/09 6:25 PM (permalink)

How 'bout The Blanco Bowling Club?  Texas is SO lucky.....

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 06/3/09 6:34 PM (permalink)
                                  ^^ That's the one I came up with.  Seeing as how the Pens don't play tonight, we ought to be able to get a judge's ruling on this one soon!

Greymo

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 06/3/09 7:36 PM (permalink)
                                    I think that TJ  has it nailed down.

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 06/3/09 7:48 PM (permalink)
                                      Hmmm.....two against two on this one.  The differing opinions will need to have a ruling come down from he who posted the picture.

Ahi...I'm still with you, girl!

Ahi Mpls.

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 06/3/09 9:37 PM (permalink)

C'mon guys!  can't you see the TEXAS TOAST on the table to the left...? 

billyboy

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 06/3/09 11:00 PM (permalink)
                                          What super yummy Roadfood establishment is this?  

billyboy

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 06/3/09 11:03 PM (permalink)
                                            And what about this place?  Hint:  Some may think I consider this to be "hole-y" ground!  And they'd be right!

billyboy

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Wed, 06/3/09 11:09 PM (permalink)
                                              In what "hands-on" Roadfood joint might this colorful sign be found?

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 12:22 AM (permalink)
                                                Buffetbuster called me earlier this evening to tell me that TJ Jackson and Greymo get the points for Tripp's!  I really thought it was Blanco Bowling Club.  Fooled me.

Billyboy has the next three photos up.  I think we'll give Mr. Overzealous a pass on breaking one of the only two rules this game has (must be a Roadfood restaurant and keep only one photo guess open at a time!).  In all seriousness, I just think if three or four of us all had three or four pictures going at the same time, the thread would become a jumbled mess quickly.  Whereas one at a time keeps things neat and tidy - and gives anyone who wants to post a photo a chance without it getting lost in the shuffle.

I think I see three NYC-centric photos - and have guesses for all of them, but I will see what the other sleuths can come up with.  If no one has these by, say, noon on Thurs, then I will post my picks.  I also have a pic of my own ready to go when the queue frees up!

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 8:13 AM (permalink)
                                                  Congrats to TJ and Greymo for the correct answer.  On the counter, you can see one of my favorite Roadfood momentos, which is a Tripp Sports Bowl ice scraper.  I imagine they sure do come in handy in South Dakota.  Right after I took this photo, one lady asked why I was taking pictures.  After I explained I was visiting the place because of their inclusion in the Roadfood book, the book got passed around from table to table.

billyboy

• Location: New York City, NY
                                                    Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 9:25 AM (permalink)
                                                    TTM, sorry about that!  I practically tripped over myself posting the pics, I was so excited to play!  Duh! 

Ahi Mpls.

• Location: Minneapolis, MN
                                                      Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 9:44 AM (permalink)

Nice job TJ-Mo !!   Sheesh Billyboy!! how long was I asleep?! I missed 3 Pics.!!!  okay, first one is Rice to Riches in NYC...Mmmm rice pudding.  Now I'm goin' into Trip Reports....poor me , a morning of looking at BillyB's photos!!! 

Greymo

• Location: Marriottsville, MD
                                                        Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 9:46 AM (permalink)
                                                        The other two are    The Donut Plant  and  The Hill Country BBQ Market; both in New York City.

billyboy

• Location: New York City, NY
                                                          Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 9:59 AM (permalink)
                                                          Good call, Dawn.  I just tried their Honey Graham recently and it was the bomb!

Greymo, you are correct once again, ma'am!
                                                          <message edited by billyboy on Thu, 06/4/09 10:44 AM>

The Travelin Man

• Location: Central FL
                                                            Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 10:18 AM (permalink)
                                                            buffetbuster - I apparently did not do nearly enough comparisons in my picture hunting (and was possibly skewed by my own attempt to make this stop, but this was the picture that threw me for a loop.

billyboy - No worries, amigo!  I actually thought about going back to my post and inserting a bunch of goofy smileys so you would know that my comments should be taken in that spirit! 

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 6 of 38, messages 151 to 180 of 1122

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com