The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Name that Roadfood Restaurant!!

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 7 of 38, messages 181 to 210 of 1122
The Travelin Man

• Total Posts: 3699
Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 10:21 AM (permalink)
Well, then if the slate is clean....here's one:

Tony Bad

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 10:27 AM (permalink)
    The Travelin Man

Well, then if the slate is clean....here's one:

Hmmm...Apizza...it has to be someplace in Gary, IN.

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 10:42 AM (permalink)
      You're getting warmer....

Mmmmm....not.

billyboy

• Total Posts: 2363
        Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 10:46 AM (permalink)
        And here I though Ohio was the apizza capitol!

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 10:56 AM (permalink)
          Looking at those prices, we may need to guess what year (or decade) this restaurant is in!

TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4485
            Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 11:00 AM (permalink)
            The prices are so low that the sign must be ancient

so

we're back to Gary, Indiana

http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/Gary-Indiana-was-first-with-Pizza-m248618-print.aspx

Buffalo Tarheel

• Total Posts: 492
              Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 11:05 AM (permalink)
              Because I was there when the picture was taken (not by me),  I guess I should not answer where this is.  Indiana and Ohio are a bit off the track.

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 11:07 AM (permalink)
                That is truly one of the best (and worst) threads in Roadfood history.

As for the photo, I don't think I have ever seen it spelled muzzarelli before.

TJ Jackson

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 11:13 AM (permalink)
                  Buffalo Tarheel

Because I was there when the picture was taken (not by me),  I guess I should not answer where this is.  Indiana and Ohio are a bit off the track.

Well, BT's presence then is the clue that leads to this thread

http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/Another-CT-trip-Pepe39s-Swanky-Franks-Rawley39s-Ashley39s-Modern-Apizza-Donut-Dip-m505336.aspx

and therefore to Modern Apizza

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 11:18 AM (permalink)
                    Buffalo Tarheel

I admit to sharing my meal at this restaurant with another Roadfooder, I don't think it was you - since, I am pretty sure you and I have not yet met.  Were you there the same day I was and saw me take this photo?  That would be truly ironic.

Buffalo Tarheel

• Total Posts: 492
                      Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 11:26 AM (permalink)
                      The Travelin Man

Buffalo Tarheel

I admit to sharing my meal at this restaurant with another Roadfooder, I don't think it was you - since, I am pretty sure you and I have not yet met.  Were you there the same day I was and saw me take this photo?  That would be truly ironic.

Don't you remember all we talked about at that meal?  Actually, you are right that I was not with you.  We have not met yet, but I hope to do so one day.  In reality, I thought that the picture was one that Chris took on our visit to Modern Appiza, and Mr. Jackson so brilliantly figured out above.  I guess if I had been thinking, I would have asked myself, "Where did TTM get Chris's picture?"  Sorry for confusing everyone. Perhaps this leads to the thread about whether we post more or less, with my answer being that I post more and have fewer and fewer clues about what I am doing.
                      Now, of course, I am hoping that I have the right restaurant in mind, although I do remember the sign.

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 11:27 AM (permalink)
                        Modern Appizza is, of course, correct.  I keep trying to use photos that I haven't used before in trip reports and such - just to make the hunt a little more fun.  But, this one was still solved in under an hour.

We commented on the spelling of "muzzarelli," as well.  The one thing I forgot to do was ask what year the menu was from.  

I need to find another photo to upload.  If anyone else has one ready to go, then fire away!

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 11:30 AM (permalink)
                          Try this one on for size:

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 11:31 AM (permalink)
                            Buffalo Tarheel

Don't you remember all we talked about at that meal?  Actually, you are right that I was not with you.  We have not met yet, but I hope to do so one day.  In reality, I thought that the picture was one that Chris took on our visit to Modern Appiza, and Mr. Jackson so brilliantly figured out above.  I guess if I had been thinking, I would have asked myself, "Where did TTM get Chris's picture?"  Sorry for confusing everyone. Perhaps this leads to the thread about whether we post more or less, with my answer being that I post more and have fewer and fewer clues about what I am doing.
                            Now, of course, I am hoping that I have the right restaurant in mind, although I do remember the sign.

The funny thing about that picture is that I was accosted by one of the busboys while I was taking it.  He wanted to know what I used my pictures for - because "some of this stuff is proprietary!"  Ummm....OK.  Busted.  I took it so that I could someday use it in a stupid made-up game that I hadn't even thought of at the time.

I wonder if Chris got the same hairy eyeball that I did...or, this was just one more in my fantastic series of making friends while taking pictures?

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 11:38 AM (permalink)
                              TTM-
                              Glad to see the person who used to work at Buzz & Ned's landed on their feet somewhere!

TJ Jackson

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 11:41 AM (permalink)
                                White Front Cafe

http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/My-heads-in-Mississippi-m460594-p2.aspx
                                <message edited by TJ Jackson on Thu, 06/4/09 11:43 AM>

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 11:43 AM (permalink)
                                  TJ-
                                  When I saw you were in my Mississippi trip report, I knew it would just be a matter of time.  But eleven minutes?  Amazing!

Tony Bad

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 11:55 AM (permalink)
                                    Can I try...

TJ Jackson

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 12:23 PM (permalink)
                                      Well, I see lots of things that could well be clues, but I cannot make out the details well enough to use any of them

Ahi Mpls.

• Total Posts: 922
                                        Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 12:29 PM (permalink)
                                          Hmmm... nice one TonyB!!  I see a few squeeze bottles of honey... makes me think that there may be  BISCUITS involved ....

Tony Bad

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 12:35 PM (permalink)
                                          here is link to full size picture for details

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7407
                                            • Location: East Greenwich/ Warwick, RI
                                            • Roadfood Insider
                                            Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 12:39 PM (permalink)
                                            Tony Bad

Can I try...

I'm really  bad at this stuff, but any idiot should know the answer to this, so I guess I should let The Travelin Man answer this one
                                            however, I know it because I've been there and the wood paneling is a dead giveway

DOTS in Wilmington VT

Tony Bad

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 12:40 PM (permalink)
                                              I was hoping you wouldn't look, as I knew you'd get it in a heartbeat! 

Dot(s) is correct!

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 12:45 PM (permalink)
                                                If ANY idiot could guess it, why would I?  I need to guess on the ones where only a few idiots might know it.

This one could go in record time....

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7407
                                                  • Location: East Greenwich/ Warwick, RI
                                                  • Roadfood Insider
                                                  Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 12:51 PM (permalink)
                                                  Tony Bad

I was hoping you wouldn't look, as I knew you'd get it in a heartbeat! 

Dot(s) is correct!

I'm surprised I did. I could walk into a place now and forget what it looks like in an hour. I guess its back to looking at unfamiliar places again....

Ahi Mpls.

• Total Posts: 922
                                                    Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 12:54 PM (permalink)

Beacon Bay-Bee!!!!

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 1:01 PM (permalink)
                                                      CAAAAAAAALLLLLL IT OUT! 

9 minutes is about what I expected!  Good job, AHI!

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 1:07 PM (permalink)
                                                        Here's one that I think could be more of a challenge.  I did eat here with a fellow Roadfooder.

TJ Jackson

• Location: Cincinnati, OH
                                                          Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 2:26 PM (permalink)

The Travelin Man

• Location: Central FL
                                                            Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 3:23 PM (permalink)
                                                            Mae's Phinney Ridge Cafe is correct.  I didn't realize that a nearly identical photo was in the online review.  It took a little longer - an hour and change - but, I am amazed you sleuthed this one out so quickly, TJ.  I even Googled "roadfood.com cow theme restaurant" to see what would come up in the search and there were almost 1,000 responses - and I still couldn't find Mae's - and I knew what I was looking for! 

I thought this one was pretty obscure - unless mr chips stumbled into the thread!  I was trying to relieve some of that standard "east coast bias."

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 7 of 38, messages 181 to 210 of 1122

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com