The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Name that Roadfood Restaurant!!

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 8 of 38, messages 211 to 240 of 1122
TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4481
Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 3:27 PM (permalink)
Google was useless in this case

The Travelin Man

• Total Posts: 3698
    Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 3:36 PM (permalink)
    I guess I can be grateful for that one little speed bump!

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 3:45 PM (permalink)
      Could be easy, could be difficult.....

TJ Jackson

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 4:01 PM (permalink)
        http://www.roadfood.com/Restaurant/Reviews/5744/zingermans-deli

And with this answer, I retire from this competition. 

Please mail me my prize money, less applicable taxes of course
        <message edited by TJ Jackson on Thu, 06/4/09 4:04 PM>

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 4:10 PM (permalink)
          Zingerman's Deli in Ann Arbor, MI is correct.

TJ, I encourage you not to retire - but, perhaps to be available as a "phone-a-friend" lifeline for someone going for the soon-to-be-announced "Who Wants to be a Roadfood-aire?"

TJ Jackson

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 4:14 PM (permalink)
            Well, that'd be cool and all, but I have just signed for a book deal with a major publisher "My Secrets to winning the Name that Roadfood Restaurant contest".

I'd have to return the 5 figure advance....so you know, well, I kinda like 5 figure advances......

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 4:19 PM (permalink)
              TJ Jackson

Well, that'd be cool and all, but I have just signed for a book deal with a major publisher "My Secrets to winning the Name that Roadfood Restaurant contest".

I'd have to return the 5 figure advance....so you know, well, I kinda like 5 figure advances......

Hell...you have me stumped.  I'd consider buying it.

billyboy

• Total Posts: 2363
                Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 11:30 PM (permalink)
                I could tell by the "signature" Zingerman's writing on the signs.

Since there is nothing on the board at the moment, I'll throw this one out there.  Anyone know the name of this "historical?" RF establishment?

6star

• Total Posts: 4388
                  Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Thu, 06/4/09 11:44 PM (permalink)
                  I don't know the name of the establishment, but I do know that lady at the table in the foreground is giving you the "evil eye" for taking her picture!

carolina bob

• Total Posts: 3420
                    Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 06/5/09 12:01 AM (permalink)
                    I am SO angry at myself for not looking at this thread earlier today! I ate at the Beacon last month, and I would've gotten that one in ten seconds. Guess I'll just go off somewhere and sulk....

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 06/5/09 12:47 AM (permalink)
                      I am pretty sure that I know billyboy's pick.  If I am right, the last time I ate there was with wanderingjew - and we saw former NFL quarterback Warren Moon on his way out.  Besides, any place that uses i95's tailor to craft their tablecloths is a winning joint for me!

Ahi Mpls.

• Total Posts: 922
                        Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 06/5/09 7:35 AM (permalink)

Can't seem to find a sastisfactory picture... but I'm going to go ahead and guess  - Sally's Apizza !      As a sidenote, my roomate just walked by as I was intently studying the latest picture, and he said " are you supposed to be finding that guy in the sombrero? "  So theres an idea, name that restaurant/ where's WJ?    MUCH better than Where's Waldo!! 

Tony Bad

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 06/5/09 10:12 AM (permalink)
                          I am going to guess...Lombardi's Pizza in NYC

Tony Bad

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 06/5/09 10:15 AM (permalink)
                            Try this one...

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15059
                              • Roadfood Insider
                              Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 06/5/09 10:35 AM (permalink)
                              Tony,
                                 That's an easy one !  That's my house after the "INVASION OF THE ROADFOOD BODYSNATCHER'S" last week !!!!!

billyboy

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 06/5/09 2:27 PM (permalink)
                                Very good, Mr. Bad!  That happy face got caught in my sight line when my girlfriend and I went to Lombardi's with my cosuin and her husband in from Florida.  I hope she at least enjoyed the pizza!

Tony Bad

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 06/5/09 2:37 PM (permalink)
                                  mayor al

Tony,
                                     That's an easy one !  That's my house after the "INVASION OF THE ROADFOOD BODYSNATCHER'S" last week !!!!!

No...if it was your place that would be smoke coming out the roof, this isn't smoke..hint, hint.

billyboy

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 06/5/09 6:16 PM (permalink)
                                    Tony, would that be the North Hadley Sugar Shack?

Tony Bad

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Fri, 06/5/09 9:04 PM (permalink)
                                      billyboy

Tony, would that be the North Hadley Sugar Shack?

Why yes, that is correct! The review pictures all show it during warm weather. I have only been there in winter...during sugaring season.

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Mon, 06/8/09 2:59 PM (permalink)
                                        With Buffetbuster in New Mexico, the sources of photos may be a little more limited.  I was out-of-town this weekend, myself - and maybe, just maybe took one photo that might work for this.  I will have to upload said photos to see if that is the case.  In the meantime....

TJ Jackson

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Mon, 06/8/09 3:30 PM (permalink)
                                          To keep it balanced, I think Buffetbuster's next pic should be from a joint in Ocala, Florida.  Eye for an eye, and all that.

zataar

• Total Posts: 1440
                                            Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Mon, 06/8/09 3:40 PM (permalink)
                                            Primanti Bros?

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Mon, 06/8/09 4:00 PM (permalink)
                                              Primanti Bros. it is! 

For the record, though, I would be located almost as close to the GA Pig as I am to Ocala!

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Mon, 06/8/09 4:07 PM (permalink)
                                                OK...this will be my last one for the day.  It could be a little tougher.  Who knows?

MiamiDon

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Mon, 06/8/09 4:28 PM (permalink)
                                                  Peter Luger?

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Mon, 06/8/09 4:46 PM (permalink)
                                                    Excellent guess, but no.

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Mon, 06/8/09 4:52 PM (permalink)
                                                      (With hand raised) Me, Me, Me, Call on Me!!!!!!

Nancypalooza

• Total Posts: 3778
                                                        • Location: Columbia, SC
                                                        Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Mon, 06/8/09 4:55 PM (permalink)
                                                        Bern's?  (/she said gingerly)

The Travelin Man

• Location: Central FL
                                                          Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Mon, 06/8/09 5:42 PM (permalink)
                                                          Bern's Steakhouse is correct.  They are noted for their wine collection, and it is a treat to be taken to dessert through their wine cellar.

buffetbuster - I almost posted the picture of you falling asleep at dessert as my picture from Bern's, but it just seemed too mean! 

MiamiDon

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Mon, 06/8/09 5:50 PM (permalink)
                                                            I posted Bern's, but then deleted it when I found that there appears to be no Roadfood.com review.  I thought I actually recognized the cellar.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 8 of 38, messages 211 to 240 of 1122

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com