The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Name that Roadfood Restaurant!!

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 9 of 38, messages 241 to 270 of 1122
The Travelin Man

• Total Posts: 3698
Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Tue, 06/9/09 12:32 AM (permalink)
I never realized that there was no online review.  Bern's has definitely been reviewed in the Roadfood books.

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Sun, 06/14/09 12:56 PM (permalink)
    I have been  failing in keeping up with this thread.  Here's one that may take another 15 minutes or so to get solved.

Ahi Mpls.

• Total Posts: 922
      Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Sun, 06/14/09 1:27 PM (permalink)

Miss Mary Mack ?!  on my top 5 list of places I MUST see....

carolina bob

• Total Posts: 3420
        Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Sun, 06/14/09 1:40 PM (permalink)
        Dawn, I think Mary Mac's is a good guess. I ate there many years ago and sampled the pot likker ( didn' care for it at all ), and the photo matches my memories of the stuff. 

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Sun, 06/14/09 1:47 PM (permalink)
          Miss Mary Mac's Tea Room is correct.  It is a small cup of pot likker that they offer to first-timers.  I finally made it there last weekend.  Let me see if I can scrounge another one up.

Ahi Mpls.

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Sun, 06/14/09 1:47 PM (permalink)

Seems like one of my many RF books say that you get a free taste, and that sure looks like a tiny serving....wheres your new trip report Bob?!  ( pork )  CHOP CHOP!!!!  

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Sun, 06/14/09 2:08 PM (permalink)
              Not much of a report.  Went to Atlanta, saw a G-Braves game, ate at a couple of pseudo-sports bars and Mary Mac's.  That's pretty much the report.    I do have some more pics from Atlanta to post.  It probably won't happen today, though.  But, here's one more for this thread for right now...

Ahi Mpls.

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Sun, 06/14/09 2:21 PM (permalink)

Good Gravy, that's BEAUTIFUL!!!  Burnt ends I'm guessing, now as to the where......I'll BE BACK!    ps. I meant Nocarolina Bob's trip report, he came to visit me...

Ahi Mpls.

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Sun, 06/14/09 2:55 PM (permalink)

Gonna try , LC's bbq in K.C. MO.  wow, thats a lot of initials!   anyone else out there? Greymo? Anyone??

billyboy

• Total Posts: 2363
                    Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Sun, 06/14/09 4:16 PM (permalink)
                    I was gonna say Arthur Bryant's, but I think AHI nailed this one!

zataar

• Total Posts: 1440
                      Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Sun, 06/14/09 4:34 PM (permalink)
                      AHI is correct, I'm sure it's LC's. The speckled table gives it away. 

carolina bob

• Total Posts: 3420
                        Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Sun, 06/14/09 5:35 PM (permalink)
                        Dawn, you dood it again! Congrats on guessing Mary Mac's correctly... I just wish that I'd gotten my guess in sooner, as I recognized it as MM's. As for my Twin Cities trip report, I'll try to do the first installment tonight if I can stay awake. Warning! - it's gonna be another long one, folks, so sit back and get comfortable....   ;~)                      

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
                          • Roadfood Insider
                          Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Sun, 06/14/09 8:32 PM (permalink)
                          Man o man

Start seeing someone and I missed this thread!

I have known about 75% of the posted restaurants.

Since the hot dogs have been roasted and the smores eaten, I have a few minutes to catch up.

Ok since TTM is out eating inappropriate no regional food right now

My turn to post

Ahi Mpls.

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Mon, 06/15/09 8:05 AM (permalink)

Is THAT where you've been!!  "  Donnys got a girlfriend, Donnys got a girlfriend! "  Yay for you !  That 'Nanna pudding could take me a while, where to look,where to look....

Ahi Mpls.

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Mon, 06/15/09 9:38 AM (permalink)

AH-HA!!  you cropped the pic very well, but in theoriginal the DREAMLAND logo is visible on the mug!!! Boy, I really need to get a life!!!

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Mon, 06/15/09 2:11 PM (permalink)
                                For the record, LC's BBQ is, indeed, correct.  I was doing some trip planning yesterday, and I have some KC time coming up in a couple of weeks!

I will await confirmation from CK on the Dreamland guess, but I suspect that you are right.

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
                                  • Roadfood Insider
                                  Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Mon, 06/15/09 9:07 PM (permalink)
                                  Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!

Dawn you are very good at this game!

and  to respond to ur above post....... YEP!!!!!!!! 

It only took me eighteen years before our lives crossed again, but its worth the wait.

Ahi Mpls.

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Mon, 06/15/09 9:16 PM (permalink)

So happy for you!! so tell me, how does she like having her food photographed before she gets to eat it?! 

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Tue, 06/16/09 8:18 AM (permalink)

I'm hoping this will be difficult, but the people here are so good.....

zataar

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Tue, 06/16/09 8:50 AM (permalink)
                                        That appears to be an horchata at Cancun in Tusla, Oklahoma.

Ahi Mpls.

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Tue, 06/16/09 8:54 AM (permalink)

Okay Karen, it's on!!   I just went through 15 pages of trip reports...and you beat me by 3 minutes! good job !

zataar

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Tue, 06/16/09 9:04 AM (permalink)
                                            It's those tables. I recognized it almost immediately. And the horchata, which is one of my favorite beverages. :-)

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Tue, 06/16/09 9:33 AM (permalink)
                                              I will wait for buffetbuster's confirmation, but I have one ready to go when needed.

buffetbuster

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Tue, 06/16/09 9:59 AM (permalink)
                                                Zataar is indeed correct.  Way to go!!!

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Tue, 06/16/09 10:50 AM (permalink)

Nancypalooza

• Total Posts: 3778
                                                    Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Tue, 06/16/09 10:57 AM (permalink)
                                                    Louie Mueller's?

The Travelin Man

Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Tue, 06/16/09 11:02 AM (permalink)
                                                      Sorry, ma'am.  Good guess....but, not it.

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
                                                        • Location: West Allis, Wisconsin
                                                        Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Tue, 06/16/09 11:34 AM (permalink)
                                                        That is crab at Wintzalls(spellingf)

Ahi Mpls.

• Location: Minneapolis, MN
                                                          Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Tue, 06/16/09 12:25 PM (permalink)

WOW, there are A LOT of BBQ restaurants on RF!  I think this one may be Smitty's in Lockhart TX. not sure though....

The Travelin Man

• Location: Central FL
                                                            Re:Name that Roadfood establishment Tue, 06/16/09 12:31 PM (permalink)
                                                            Smitty's in Lockhart, TX is correct.  Smitty's hosted one of the more memorable Roadfood get-togethers - pretty much by accident.  We arrived in Lockhart too early to go to Kreutz Market, our planned destination for the day.  So, the group of us headed over the Smitty's (about two or three blocks) and proceded to carve up a couple of links of hot sausage with Bushie's pocket knife and have an appetizer on the hood of someone's rental car!  I guess I have posted a few central Texas spots - Louie Mueller's, Hoover's Cooking and now Smitty's!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 9 of 38, messages 241 to 270 of 1122

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com