Naugles? Pup-N-Taco? Straw Hat!!

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
mashagar
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 6
RE: Naugles? Pup-N-Taco? Straw Hat!! 2007/04/21 23:35:14 (permalink)
OH and I'm surprised to see others referring to EZ Take Out. I thought those were a local place to me. There's one in Chino and two in Upland. Two are on Central, one on Mountain. weird
GregS18348
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: Naugles? Pup-N-Taco? Straw Hat!! 2008/02/23 12:23:00 (permalink)
Boy do I remember Naugles! Cruise Lancaster Blvd.,then a trip through Naugles for a Macho Combo Burrito, A Taco Salad and a Cherry Coke on Friday or Saturday night. Any night if it were summer. Everyone went there, it was the place to be seen.I had my first Mr. Pibb there, if I recall. Also, the egg burrito was the best! Open 24 hours, anything on the menu, anytime! I see it listed on a previous post that it is still listed as being there in Lancaster. I am 99.99% sure this is gone. I don't live in Lancaster anymore, but I believe I saw that it had been replaced. Sad to say...

We didn't have a Pup n' Taco where I lived, but I do remember going to one down by Manhatten Beach. Four of anything for $0.99 is a rarity these days. Oh my God! I sound like my Dad. (Remember 10 for a $1.00 taco Tuesdays at Del Taco?)

Straw Hat Pizza was the place to go for pizza after the baseball games. We would sit and watch the silent movies they projected on the screen as we scarfed pizza. Good times.

dianeluvsbts
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 7
RE: Naugles? Pup-N-Taco? Straw Hat!! 2008/03/17 20:18:40 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by NRavenwolf

OK..I'm a SoCal native. Today me and my buds were at the beach and had some questions about some great food. Does anybody know if there are any Naugles left anywhere? The last one I saw was in Las Vegas in 1999.
Also, anybody know if there are any Pup-N-Tacos left? What about Tiny Naylers? (SP?)

Oh yeah for those of you who remember Straw Hat Pizza there are many locations in NorCal and there are a couple just South East of Long Beach, CA. Yummy!
dianeluvsbts
Junior Burger
RE: Naugles? Pup-N-Taco? Straw Hat!! 2008/03/17 20:23:44 (permalink)
Hello, Naugle fans! In 1983 I worked for Naugles in Apple Valley California on Highway 18 and Navajo road. Today I work for Buns and Torts which is owned by my boss Jeff Naugle. And guess what? The menu is the same only the names have changed. Still clean fast fresh food. Come down to Visalia California. We are located on Mooney Blvd and the phone number is 559-636-9066 ask for Diane. We are about 30 minutes from Fresno and 40 minutes from Bakersfield.
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 15335
RE: Naugles? Pup-N-Taco? Straw Hat!! 2008/03/17 22:00:18 (permalink)
Diane
I recall the AV Naugles you described. I grew up in the Desert Knolls area, near St Tims. Late in my career I was teaching in Hesperia and at VVC while my wife was a nurse at St Mary's in AV. If you haven't been back in awhile, you would be amazed at the expansion. It ain't what Newt Bass had in mind anymore !
we left the High Desert in 2000 to get out of the rat-race that was spreading rapidly out from L A.
enginecapt
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3486
RE: Naugles? Pup-N-Taco? Straw Hat!! 2008/03/17 22:12:09 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by dianeluvsbts

Hello, Naugle fans! In 1983 I worked for Naugles in Apple Valley California on Highway 18 and Navajo road. Today I work for Buns and Torts which is owned by my boss Jeff Naugle. And guess what? The menu is the same only the names have changed. Still clean fast fresh food. Come down to Visalia California. We are located on Mooney Blvd and the phone number is 559-636-9066 ask for Diane. We are about 30 minutes from Fresno and 40 minutes from Bakersfield.
Next trip I take to Sanger, I'm there. Hope I can reacquaint myself with the ground beef burrito.
mchotsie
Junior Burger
RE: Naugles? Pup-N-Taco? Straw Hat!! 2008/06/13 18:54:49 (permalink)
Naugles ROCKED! There used to be one right behind my parent's house and all we had to do is walk through a tiny little field and, in a couple minutes, we were in Naugles Nirvana
dianeluvsbts
Junior Burger
RE: Naugles? Pup-N-Taco? Straw Hat!! 2008/06/13 20:25:06 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Al-The Mayor-Bowen

Diane
I recall the AV Naugles you described. I grew up in the Desert Knolls area, near St Tims. Late in my career I was teaching in Hesperia and at VVC while my wife was a nurse at St Mary's in AV. If you haven't been back in awhile, you would be amazed at the expansion. It ain't what Newt Bass had in mind anymore !
we left the High Desert in 2000 to get out of the rat-race that was spreading rapidly out from L A.
gobbie
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 4
RE: Naugles? Pup-N-Taco? Straw Hat!! 2008/09/02 15:36:08 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by ah55761

People, the Mexican restaurant on Main St. just south east of th Santa Monica Pier is to die for. I can't remember the name of it, but it is on the west side of the street just south of the old original Sears store. Killer, killer food!!!
quote:

OK..I'm a SoCal native. Today me and my buds were at the beach and had some questions about some great food. Does anybody know if there are any Naugles left anywhere? The last one I saw was in Las Vegas in 1999.
Also, anybody know if there are any Pup-N-Tacos left? What about Tiny Naylers? (SP?)

Oh yeah for those of you who remember Straw Hat Pizza there are many locations in NorCal and there are a couple just South East of Long Beach, CA. Yummy!

gobbie
Junior Burger
RE: Naugles? Pup-N-Taco? Straw Hat!! 2008/09/02 15:42:03 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by gobbie

quote:

People, the Mexican restaurant on Main St. just south east of th Santa Monica Pier is to die for. I can't remember the name of it, but it is on the west side of the street just south of the old original Sears store. Killer, killer food!!!
quote:

gobbie
Junior Burger
RE: Naugles? Pup-N-Taco? Straw Hat!! 2008/09/02 15:45:52 (permalink)
Originally posted by gobbie

Was the Mexican restaurant Raphael's? If so are they still around?]
dianeluvsbts
Junior Burger
RE: Naugles? Pup-N-Taco? Straw Hat!! 2008/09/02 18:38:30 (permalink)
Hello There all Naugles Fans, Yes there is still a Naugles in California. It is located in a nice town of Visalia California. I work for Mr.John Jeff Naugle this very day. It is now called Buns and Torts.(BT's for short) The menu is still the same with the same fast fresh quality and we strive on friendliness. We are the quickest, fastest fresh food in town. So all of you fans please come on in and ask for Diane. The phone num ber is 559-636-9066. We are located on Mooney Blvd. Visalis Ca. 93277
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 15335
RE: Naugles? Pup-N-Taco? Straw Hat!! 2008/09/02 19:04:16 (permalink)
Diane,
Thanks for the note. I meant to say that when I returned to the SoCal Desert in 1986 I used to stop at your Naugles now and then...If I wasn't programmed for the Molly's across #18 from there. Molly's was one of my favorite restaurants in the Valley! I had family in Visalia for a number of years, but we seldom went out for dinner when we visited them.
dianeluvsbts
Junior Burger
RE: Naugles? Pup-N-Taco? Straw Hat!! 2008/12/15 19:28:23 (permalink)
Hey all of you, Yes, Jeff Naugle has the same menu as he has always did. The place is now called Buns and Torts in Visalia Ca. Same m enu and same service. I had a lady call me there from Hawaii and ask me what the secret sauce was.....and if it was truly the same menu.. I work with Mr. Naugle everyday.
ThrashATL
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 75
RE: Naugles? Pup-N-Taco? Straw Hat!! 2008/12/15 23:16:25 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by dianeluvsbts

Hey all of you, Yes, Jeff Naugle has the same menu as he has always did. The place is now called Buns and Torts in Visalia Ca. Same m enu and same service. I had a lady call me there from Hawaii and ask me what the secret sauce was.....and if it was truly the same menu.. I work with Mr. Naugle everyday.

I wish the king would ascend back to the throne of his empire and spread the Naugle's out far and wide!
skyblue1965
Junior Burger
RE: Naugles? Pup-N-Taco? Straw Hat!! 2012/01/05 00:37:47 (permalink)
No secret sauce at BT's which is now owned by Mr. Naugle. The place is located in beautiful downtown Visalia Ca. The secret to the food is Fresh, Fast and Friendly Service. I know because I have worked for them 12 years. Come in and check it out. Eventhough I no longer work there I still am loyal to my old Boss....
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1