Nedicks Orange Soda

Author
leethebard
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6322
2008/04/16 05:52:26 (permalink)

Nedicks Orange Soda

Growing up in North Jersey, we made many day trips to NYC. A favorite nstop of mine was at a Nedicks place for a hot dog and their great Orange soda. I heard they were coming back as a franchise...but have heard nothing lately. Did it ever come to be..or does any one have info. Sure would like to sip a Nedicks again! Anyone have fond memories of this oldy but goody?

2 Replies Related Threads

David_NYC
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2165
    RE: Nedicks Orange Soda 2008/04/16 06:51:45 (permalink)
    Nedicks came back 2002-2003. The Riese Restaurant chain bought the rights. Their web page lists the three locations:
    http://www.rieserestaurants.com/restaurants.asp?rest_id=1020
    I tried the frank and orange drink at the Broadway and 33rd/34th Street location when it first opened. The orange drink did not taste the same as at the Nedick's at the southeast corner of the Macy's building back in the day. I could't figure out why, but suspect HFCS instead of sugar. I really don't remember what the original Nedick's frank tasted like. They were one of the few places in NYC to use New England style hot dog rolls. Since the atmosphere is totally different (these Nedick's are in Riese's food courts rather than in stand-alone storefront locations) I consider this a nostalgia brand. Nathan's to me tastes the same today as from the early 80's which is when the original Nedick's folded. Nedick's doesn't. All the Nedick's are in the tourist-heavy Penn Station area of NYC.
    leethebard
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6322
    RE: Nedicks Orange Soda 2008/04/16 15:12:05 (permalink)
    David,thanks for the info. We go to NYC via penn station and will have to check out Nedicks...had so many I CAN remember the taste and will let you know. I bet if there is a difference,it is the High fructose corn syrup!!! Thanks again.
    Lee
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1