Need Help with Grill / Exhaust System - New Start

Author
markandy
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
2007/01/11 11:43:12 (permalink)

Need Help with Grill / Exhaust System - New Start

Hello Everyone- I am glad i found this forum and i hope i can now stop worrying and start working, i am in final stages of leasing a small 1200 Sq Ft closed Quiznos Subway. It has all the fixtures and furniture in place, i am planning to change this into more of a grilled food / asian bistro style menu i want to put a small display kitchen with one grill and gas burner for cooking.

I need help with understanding as to how much does it cost to buy and install a small display kitchen which can have a range a grill and exhaust system in place. Any help will be much appreciated.

4 Replies Related Threads

DoubleB
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 41
    RE: Need Help with Grill / Exhaust System - New Start 2007/01/13 09:12:32 (permalink)
    Call your local restaurant equipment place. They can give you a pretty good estimate on it. The hood and fire system won't come cheap. In addition, check your lease to make sure that you can cut holes in the roof!! Some leases won't allow you to do that.
    Matt Gleason
    Health Inspector
    • Total Posts : 689
    RE: Need Help with Grill / Exhaust System - New Start 2007/01/13 15:53:26 (permalink)
    Check E-Bay. There are some online stores that sell hoods and equipment at reasonable prices. They even throw in the shipping.

As for the Fire Supression system, your best bet is to call your building inspector to find out the correct components. He/She may recommend a local fire equipment company that will install the system.
    Dr of BBQ
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3716
    RE: Need Help with Grill / Exhaust System - New Start 2007/01/15 10:10:54 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Hot Dog King

Check E-Bay. There are some online stores that sell hoods and equipment at reasonable prices. They even throw in the shipping.As for the Fire Supression system, your best bet is to call your building inspector He/She may recommend a local fire equipment company that will install the system.

Hot Dog King no disrespect meant "call your building inspector may recommend a local company". IMHO they better not. That would be illegal as hell unless they gave you a list of all of the people in your area that did that kind of work. But another thought DON"T just go to one company and have them do the work, or it'll cost an arm and you’re first born. I bought my entire contents of my trailer online through EBay. Including the fire suppression system and exhaust hood, including the exhaust motor. My local company wanted (I got 3 bids) $1800.00 $2400.00 and $3000.00 just for the exhaust motor and I bought if from (I'm not involved with this company in any way) www.ventilationdirect.com/ for less than $500.00 including shipping. Then I had my local company install it. If you can get the work done in Jan or Feb or even March and you live in the Snow Belt you’ll find greatly reduced labor rates because most of these type shops are very slow because of the weather. Call some restaurants in your area and ask who does their fire suppression work and for sure call or go talk to a school cafeteria manager and ask him or her. Schools are notorious for being cheap and finding the best prices for this type of annual inspection and work. If they don't want to share the information with you ask for a tour of their kitchen. The company name will be on the inspection tag. LOL
    Jack@DrofBBQ.com
    markandy
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: Need Help with Grill / Exhaust System - New Start 2007/01/15 21:39:10 (permalink)
    Thank you, i am going to my school cafe and also speak with local restaurant owners.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1