The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Need Pictures of Dugans Truck and Old Products

jesusluvsunme7

• Total Posts: 6
Need Pictures of Dugans Truck and Old Products Sat, 09/20/08 2:43 PM (permalink)
Does anyone know where I might get pictures showing Dugan's Bakery Trucks or any of the old products?
My Uncle Ben, was a Dugan's Truck Driver and is celebrating his 100th Birthday.
I would like to make a memento for him.....

David_NYC

• Total Posts: 2162
    RE: Need Pictures of Dugans Truck and Old Products Sat, 09/20/08 11:06 PM (permalink)
    I found one web page that has a photo of a Dugan's truck made by Divco:
    http://www.stufforsale.com/hersh/hersh.html
    Click on the thumbnail labeled Dugan's for a larger picture. I have also seen a large black and white photograph of a Dugan's truck in a restaurant or fast food joint in Queens, but can't remember where. It was one of a number of old time photos they decorated the restaurant with. The pictures looked like they came from an image bank, photo library, picture archive, etc.

jesusluvsunme7

RE: Need Pictures of Dugans Truck and Old Products Mon, 09/22/08 4:36 PM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by David_NYC

I found one web page that has a photo of a Dugan's truck made by Divco:
      http://www.stufforsale.com/hersh/hersh.html
      Click on the thumbnail labeled Dugan's for a larger picture. I have also seen a large black and white photograph of a Dugan's truck in a restaurant or fast food joint in Queens, but can't remember where. It was one of a number of old time photos they decorated the restaurant with. The pictures looked like they came from an image bank, photo library, picture archive, etc.

THANKS Very Helpful

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9526
        RE: Need Pictures of Dugans Truck and Old Products Sat, 09/27/08 3:03 AM (permalink)
        Check Out this site:

http://oldcarandtruckpictures.com/Divco/

I remember these old trucks from the 1950's. They would deliver the milk in glass bottles with paper caps to the doorstep and in the winter, the milk would freeze and pop the paper cap! Then we would eat the frozen milk like a popcicle!

jesusluvsunme7

RE: Need Pictures of Dugans Truck and Old Products Sat, 09/27/08 7:42 PM (permalink)
          quote:
          Originally posted by Foodbme

Check Out this site:

http://oldcarandtruckpictures.com/Divco/

I remember these old trucks from the 1950's. They would deliver the milk in glass bottles with paper caps to the doorstep and in the winter, the milk would freeze and pop the paper cap! Then we would eat the frozen milk like a popcicle!

Thanks. Great picts. No Dugans trucks, though.

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
            RE: Need Pictures of Dugans Truck and Old Products Sat, 09/27/08 9:08 PM (permalink)
            According to the history of Dugans trucks, foodbeme's pics are the ones Dugan's used....i could be wrong...

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9526
              RE: Need Pictures of Dugans Truck and Old Products Sun, 09/28/08 4:30 AM (permalink)
              quote:
              Originally posted by annpeeples

According to the history of Dugans trucks, foodbeme's pics are the ones Dugan's used....i could be wrong...

Annie is correct. Those are the trucks they used. Unfortunately, I don't think any of those Pic's have the Dugan's paint job on them. There seem to be enough other links and sources on that web site that might lead you to one with the paint job on it. Maybe that guy who is restoring ones for his dairy might have a source for you.

jesusluvsunme7

RE: Need Pictures of Dugans Truck and Old Products Sun, 09/28/08 9:18 PM (permalink)
                Thanks to both of you for education, the details and leads. You're GREAT!

Tom K

• Total Posts: 2
                  RE: Need Pictures of Dugans Truck and Old Products Wed, 10/1/08 2:05 PM (permalink)
                  jesusluvsunme7,

Just sent you an email via this Forum with this link to my collection of Dugan Divco pix.

http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff223/xmlog/Dugan%20Divco%20Truck/

Now I see I can also use this Quick Reply Message to broadcast this link to all the other members.

Tom K

P. S. - The best shot is one of a restored 1954 Dugan Divco in Riverhead NY.

jesusluvsunme7

RE: Need Pictures of Dugans Truck and Old Products Wed, 10/1/08 11:11 PM (permalink)
                    Thanks. I really enjoyed the black and white rendition..looks alot like my Uncle Ben standing there...Yes the one from Riverhead is the best quality...

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                      • No New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                      • Locked w/ New Messages
                      • Locked w/o New Messages
                      • Read Message
                      • Post New Thread
                      • Reply to message
                      • Post New Poll
                      • Submit Vote
                      • Post reward post
                      • Delete my own posts
                      • Delete my own threads
                      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com