Need advice! I'm getting the run around regarding a food trailer purchase

Author
Foodie 4 Sure
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 10
2011/09/29 19:44:36 (permalink)

Need advice! I'm getting the run around regarding a food trailer purchase

I really appreciated the advice I received.  I'd especially like to thank Chefbuba as well as those of you who didn't assume I didn't have everything in writing, floor plan etc. or asked me if I hadn't made myself clear.   Much thanks!

I have read many of the threads on Roadfood for the past few months and most of the advice is very helpful and nonjudgemental but I have noticed a few threads where individuals were bullied or verbally beat down by folks because they didn't "think, act or ask a question" like they would.   Folks please chill and practice the same tolerance with folks asking for advice that you'd extend to your customers .   Just food for thought, the only thing that needs to be proved on Roadfood is that you're either serving up or eatting GOOD FOOD!     
post edited by Foodie 4 Sure - 2011/10/01 12:39:24

17 Replies Related Threads

edwmax
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2063
    Re:Need advice! I'm getting the run around regarding a food trailer purchase 2011/09/30 00:37:21 (permalink)
    Do you have in writing what was ordered and what they agreed to deliver for the agreed sum & required deposit?

If the company cannot deliver the product (trailer) as ordered with all the equipment as ordered; then you are in your rights to cancel and request your all the deposit to be returned.

So do you have in writing from the Company describing the problem encountered and their proposed solution?   ... If not, write them. Recap the phone conversation and the name of the person that called you, then state you expect the order to be completely full filled as ordered; or your full deposit be returned.

Note letting them return your deposit, lets the Company off the hook for a bad order they promised to deliver.   The written order works two-ways.  This time it’s not in favor of the Company.    … But getting you money back may be another problem with out legal  help.

Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10072
    Re:Need advice! I'm getting the run around regarding a food trailer purchase 2011/09/30 02:52:54 (permalink)
    Get a Lawyer NOW! Don't let it go any further. The longer you wait the more difficult it will become.
    edwmax
    Re:Need advice! I'm getting the run around regarding a food trailer purchase 2011/09/30 07:42:14 (permalink)
    I presume the actual problem is space... the equipment will not fit into the size trailer ordered.   ... So the company wants you to pay for a larger trailer.

I suggest trying to work with them.   If they return your money, another company will not make the same mistake.   You will pay for the bigger trailer.    If this assumption is correct, the Company has 3 options.
    • Furnish a bigger trailer than ordered at no additional cost.   .... I'm sure you would like, but may not be reasonable.
    • Negotiate a reduced cost for the extra trailer length.   ...Still to your advantage but will cost more $$$.
    • Return your deposit and void the order.    ... Probability not your best interest if you want a trailer with all the equipment ordered.   ... You will pay with another Company.
    I'm not assuming the Company was trying to screw you.   There was an error, the Company can return your deposit and be out of a bad deal. ... they seem to be trying to work out a solution to meet your needs.      But make sure everything is in WRITING!

Foodie 4 Sure
    Junior Burger
    Re:Need advice! I'm getting the run around regarding a food trailer purchase 2011/09/30 08:08:45 (permalink)
    Yes edwmax I did get all the information in writing as well as I have emails asking them specific questions.  I'm ready to battle with them, although I'd prefer not to.  They did admit they were wrong over the phone but won't admit in their emails.  This one dividual at the company knows he screwed up so he tries to make me feel guilty but saying things like: I don't know why you are angry with me, I'm trying to help you.  He's actually part of the problem because he created many of the problems.  This guy is so sleazy in a wholesome way, if that's possible.  lol.  Today I will call and email them again about getting my depost back this will be the only day I will contact them.  They know I'm unhappy and I've requested to cancel the order (they never started to build the trailer) and asked for my deposit back.  So I've made it clear that I'm done.  After today I'll be going to the BBB and if that does not work then my next step is court.

Foodie 4 Sure
    Junior Burger
    Re:Need advice! I'm getting the run around regarding a food trailer purchase 2011/09/30 08:11:04 (permalink)
    I hear you loud and clear Foodbme and I definitely agree with you.  Thanks for you help!
    Foodie 4 Sure
    Junior Burger
    Re:Need advice! I'm getting the run around regarding a food trailer purchase 2011/09/30 08:22:56 (permalink)
    edwmax, they were trying to suggest options but they were all to benefit me.  They wanted me to take smaller equipment but never once said they'd reduce the price.  They treat me like I'm dumb and will accept anything.  My original salesperson disappeared a couple weeks ago and person that took over starting rushing me to place the order, which I wouldn't do.  My invoices where missing so many of the items that where listed on their website that was standard.  I had to keep telling them, it's missing this or it's missing that.  It's really been a headache.  I didn't expect it to be a walk in the park but I expected better service as they do this for a living.   Once it took them 2 weeks to correct my invoice and answer a simple question.  There so many big things they did wrong and now I can't trust them.  Too many mistakes/errors.  If I hadn't caught many of the mistakes they would have made out like bandits!!
    RodBangkok
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 390
    Re:Need advice! I'm getting the run around regarding a food trailer purchase 2011/09/30 08:30:55 (permalink)
    I hope you get this resolved, but never go into an agreement with any custom piece of equipment without detailed drawings, and specifications hashed out in writing.  Do the communication and back and forth with the sales rep, then insure you have all of the details in writing and as part of the contract before you ever take the next step of accepting and sending a deposit.  Insure you also have penalty clauses for late delivery included.  This does not require a lawyer, just some work on your part to document all the details in advance send it to them have them sign and agree to it before issuing a deposit.  If you fail to get further with this sales person, then go up the ladder within the company and make it clear with documentation that you are not happy with that person.  Involving lawyers at this early stage is just a way to get yourself further in debt without trying to solve this issue yourself.  Your partly responsible for not having your specification in writing to begin with, and a lawyer will just take advantage of that and squeeze you for more money.  
    edwmax
    Re:Need advice! I'm getting the run around regarding a food trailer purchase 2011/09/30 10:07:25 (permalink)
    Foodie 4 Sure

edwmax, they were trying to suggest options but they were all to benefit me.  They wanted me to take smaller equipment but never once said they'd reduce the price.  They treat me like I'm dumb and will accept anything.  My original salesperson disappeared a couple weeks ago and person that took over starting rushing me to place the order, which I wouldn't do.  My invoices where missing so many of the items that where listed on their website that was standard.  I had to keep telling them, it's missing this or it's missing that.  It's really been a headache.  I didn't expect it to be a walk in the park but I expected better service as they do this for a living.   Once it took them 2 weeks to correct my invoice and answer a simple question.  There so many big things they did wrong and now I can't trust them.  Too many mistakes/errors.  If I hadn't caught many of the mistakes they would have made out like bandits!!

If you are not dumb, then ASK them what the price reduction is for smaller equipment or substituted equipment!   But make sure equipment will do what you need & is this better than paying for a bigger trailer.
    .... Be ready with a quotes in hand from other trailer manufactures showing trailer size & included equipment as a compairson.   These you should already have from other Companies before you placed the order.
    ... Your original sale person was most likely fired for screwing up the order.

BUT ... you seem to be at 'Quits" with this Company.  Send them a Certified Letter detailing the problems with copies of the emails and original order; then request your deposit to be returned in full; or the situation will be referred to your Attorney.
    edwmax
    Re:Need advice! I'm getting the run around regarding a food trailer purchase 2011/09/30 10:15:46 (permalink)
    Out of curiosity, did the Company give you a trailer floor Plan and wall Elevations showing the equipment location & size & complete equipment list?     This would have locked you & the Company down as to what was being built and delivered.    ... The location & size of hood or stove is not all that is required.    ... Cabinets, door swings, drawers, wall shelving, sells windows (slide/swing), soap dishes, towel holders, counter tops & SS tables, ect, are needed to be shown .     ... This would have been needed to get preliminary approval from your HD before ordering the Trailer!
    post edited by edwmax - 2011/09/30 10:27:20
    Foodie 4 Sure
    Junior Burger
    Re:Need advice! I'm getting the run around regarding a food trailer purchase 2011/09/30 12:30:56 (permalink)
    RodBangkok, you really need to read what I wrote.  I had it all written out and my floor plan.  I did EVERYTHING I was suppose to do, I even tried to work with them but it's difficult working with individuals trying to pull a bait and switch.  I was also in constant contact with the salesperson but that person disappeared and another person stepped in and that person screwed up too.  Somehow they think that even though everything was in writing and agreed upon that they can come back with changes and I'm just suppose to accept.  The mistakes were on their part not mine so I'm not partially do blame.   So now you know,  most of us are as smart as you and do get things in writing.
    Foodie 4 Sure
    Junior Burger
    Re:Need advice! I'm getting the run around regarding a food trailer purchase 2011/09/30 12:48:34 (permalink)
    edwman, Yes I received a floor plan but they didn't do their calculations correctly .  Once they found out they messed up the calculations they determined I could no longer get the equipment that was on the invoice and on the floor plan.  I don't want a scaled down trailer or/and equipment.  I've told them several times that I was perfectly capabily of ordering smaller or less equipment if that was what I wanted.  But as you stated I'm through with them.  I can't trust them.  As far as the original salesperson goes, everytime I bring her name up they act like she does not exist.  They get dead quiet.  Thanks for your help.   
    edwmax
    Flagged as Spam (1)
    Re:Need advice! I'm getting the run around regarding a food trailer purchase 2011/09/30 12:54:13 (permalink)
    Foodie 4 Sure

RodBangkok, you really need to read what I wrote.  I had it all written out and my floor plan.  I did EVERYTHING I was suppose to do, .....  So now you know,  most of us are as smart as you and do get things in writing.

NONE of this was stated in your opening post; that you have complete invoice, trailer floor plan and complete equipment list.     ....   As stated by the replies above, it is that written documentation that will show you didn't make the mistake and entitled to the return of you deposit.    .... So don't berate us for stating the obvious while trying to HELP you.

ALL SELLS ARE FINAL!    ... on the invoice;  tell the Company to deliver the trailer as sold with all the equipment listed in place & ready to operate; or return your deposit.
    Foodie 4 Sure
    Junior Burger
    Re:Need advice! I'm getting the run around regarding a food trailer purchase 2011/10/01 08:02:41 (permalink)
    I really appreciated the advice I received.  I'd especially like to thank Chefbuba as well as those of you who didn't assume I didn't have everything in writing, floor plan etc. or just asked if I hadn't made myself clear.   Much thanks!

I have read many of the threads on Roadfood for the past few months and most of the advice is very helpful and nonjudgemental but I have noticed a few threads where individuals were bullied or verbally beat down by folks because they didn't "think, act or ask a question" like they would.   Folks please chill and practice the same tolerance with folks asking for advice that you'd extend to your customers .   Just food for thought...The only thing that needs to be proved on Roadfood is that you're either serving up or eatting GOOD FOOD!    
    edwmax
    Re:Need advice! I'm getting the run around regarding a food trailer purchase 2011/10/01 08:08:46 (permalink)
       ... Just how can my post be SPAM when I'm not selling any thing?    ... Just because you don't like what was stated, don't make it SPAM.

Food-4-Sure, you asked for advice and that was given above. Now you are starting the attack those trying to help you;   NO WONDER you are having problems with the Company that sold the trailer to you.    ... The trailer Company's mistake is a minor problem;   .... I think now the REAL Problem is YOU!  ...
    Foodie 4 Sure
    Junior Burger
    Re:Need advice! I'm getting the run around regarding a food trailer purchase 2011/10/01 12:26:52 (permalink)
    edwmax right, right.  I attacked people that were giving me advice?  Was that when I was thanking you for your advice or maybe it was when I said this to foodbme: I
    hear you loud and clear Foodbme and I definitely agree with you.  Thanks for you help!  Or maybe it was when I thanked Chefbuba when he gave me adviced off the thread.  No, of course you picked the one person that assumed I was careless enough to give someone a down payment without getting everything in writing.  Yeah, it's a free country and it's your choicee to defend folks that insults others. You know, the one that said I was partly to blame.  But I have a right to depend myself also.  Plus, I thought you'd know the difference between an attack (your last reply) and me using someone's condescending words against them (my reply to bangkok).  So go ahead, try to insult and bully me all you want.  Keep screaming (using your caps) as that's got to be reeking havoc on your blood pressure.

Me, well I'm going to enjoy the return of my deposit that the trailer company wired back into my account yesterday and I'll keep thinking about that BIG FAT APOLOGY (oops, caps)  that I got from their office manager.  Yay!! 

Peace & Love! 

post edited by Foodie 4 Sure - 2011/10/01 12:35:00
    edwmax
    Re:Need advice! I'm getting the run around regarding a food trailer purchase 2011/10/01 13:07:26 (permalink)
    Foodie 4 Sure

....  No, of course you picked the one person that assumed I was careless enough to give someone a down payment without getting everything in writing.  Yeah, it's a free country and it's your choicee to defend folks that insults others. You know, the one that said I was partly to blame.  But I have a right to depend myself also.  Plus, I thought you'd know the difference between an attack (your last reply) and me using someone's condescending words against them (my reply to bangkok).  So go ahead, try to insult and bully me all you want.  Keep screaming (using your caps) as that's got to be reeking havoc on your blood pressure.

Peace & Love! 

I never assumed you didn't have you purchase & agreement in writing & I don't believe Rob meant that in his post either.  .... But you never stated that you did have ALL the documentation in the opening post.   You never stated that you had detailed drawing of the trailer & equipment list until after I ask.   ... Since your are not dumb and you has a trailer drawing/layout, you should have known there was a problem before placing the order.   

I do know an attack or condensation against me when YOU FLAG my post as SPAM.    ... I'm glad you got your money back and I'm sure it will cost you down the line when ordering another trailer.
    post edited by edwmax - 2011/10/01 13:12:52
    BackRhodes
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 717
    Re:Need advice! I'm getting the run around regarding a food trailer purchase 2011/10/06 15:48:48 (permalink)
    edwmax        or condensation against me      

heh heh

condensation...???

HA...

Everybody chill...hold hands and sing Kumbaya...OK...???

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1