Need feedback

Author
chewingthefat
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6186
2012/10/10 17:17:01 (permalink)

Need feedback

If you would be so kind to go to my website, click on Reviews, and let me know what you think, I would appreciate it!
I hope I'm not breaking the rules here, as I'm not advertizing my website, or place. I'm aware some are familiar with it, I'd just like some educated feedback!
post edited by chewingthefat - 2012/10/10 17:20:41

17 Replies Related Threads

Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18382
    Re:Need feedback 2012/10/10 18:08:38 (permalink)
    I just visited Chubby's website. It's a very professional site; interesting, inviting and very well done. I clicked on the reviews, too. I'm not sure what it is you'd like to know.

EDIT:  I forgot to mention -- it's fun, too. 

post edited by Michael Hoffman - 2012/10/10 18:24:45
    joerogo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4524
    Re:Need feedback 2012/10/10 18:39:52 (permalink)
    Is this http://chubbysbbq.net/ the website you are talking about?
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    Re:Need feedback 2012/10/10 19:01:52 (permalink)
    By the way CTF, how come you've not been posting any pictures lately? I haven't drooled much lately. Nothing new in that weird bacon mind of yours?

Not that I drool over bacon.
    mar52
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7844
    Re:Need feedback 2012/10/10 21:04:13 (permalink)
    I'm back from the reviews.

At first I thought there weren't any until I saw the..

See what actual customer’s are saying <<<Our 7th Guest Book>>>

That could be a little larger in my opinion.

Took quite awhile for the review page to open for me, but it could be my computer.  Same thing with moving from page to page.

The reviews are fun but do those who posted know that what they say is online?

Just a thought.
    ann peeples
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8329
    Re:Need feedback 2012/10/11 08:51:08 (permalink)
    I think its a great website.
    chewingthefat
    Sirloin
    Re:Need feedback 2012/10/11 14:17:42 (permalink)
    Michael Hoffman

I just visited Chubby's website. It's a very professional site; interesting, inviting and very well done. I clicked on the reviews, too. I'm not sure what it is you'd like to know.

EDIT:  I forgot to mention -- it's fun, too. 

Truthfully, I have had some ridiculously vicious reviews on Yelp, in paticular. I had every page of the latest book photographed, if there were any negative comments in there I didn't see them. I wanted to see if publishing ALL customer comments here, had a positive effect, as I detest Yelp, if you refuse to advertize with them, watch out! I refused, screw those whores.
    fishtaco
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 791
    Re:Need feedback 2012/10/11 14:24:30 (permalink)
    Fried Bologna, now there is something you don't see on a menu often!!!!
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    Re:Need feedback 2012/10/11 14:45:19 (permalink)
    I think posting the guest book stuff is a good idea.
    agnesrob
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1790
    Re:Need feedback 2012/10/11 14:49:18 (permalink)
    I think your sight looks great. I'm forwarding the link to my brother who loves to visit Gettysburg at least once or twice a year.
    kland01s
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2835
    Re:Need feedback 2012/10/11 15:23:08 (permalink)
    chewingthefat

Truthfully, I have had some ridiculously vicious reviews on Yelp, in paticular. I had every page of the latest book photographed, if there were any negative comments in there I didn't see them. I wanted to see if publishing ALL customer comments here, had a positive effect, as I detest Yelp, if you refuse to advertize with them, watch out! I refused, screw those whores.

Good for you Tom to stand up! Yelp is just a place for faceless people to vent for minor or non existant problems and make themselves look like a big shot when they tear a place apart. I only use it for the maps and the hours they post and ignore the comments for the most part.

Davydd
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6360
    Re:Need feedback 2012/10/11 16:50:07 (permalink)
    I read the Yelp reviews to mine details. Simple things like what is served lacking any menu information. I've read enough reviews to know how to read between the lines or spot a phony.

On the other hand few people write negative reviews in a restaurant comment diary. At least I have rarely seen them. I think writing in a comment diary is kind of like a "Killroy was here" event and browsing them is fun and creates a positive pile on mood.

Given that, I have prepared my comments in advance for a hoped for visit in the coming year.

For a place that prides itself in its pork menu items and serves a beer battered fried chicken I for the life of me cannot understand why a beer battered deep-fried breaded pork tenderloin sandwich is not on the menu!
    chewingthefat
    Sirloin
    Re:Need feedback 2012/10/11 17:02:43 (permalink)
    Davydd

I read the Yelp reviews to mine details. Simple things like what is served lacking any menu information. I've read enough reviews to know how to read between the lines or spot a phony.

On the other hand few people write negative reviews in a restaurant comment diary. At least I have rarely seen them. I think writing in a comment diary is kind of like a "Killroy was here" event and browsing them is fun and creates a positive pile on mood.

Given that, I have prepared my comments in advance for a hoped for visit in the coming year.

For a place that prides itself in its pork menu items and serves a beer battered fried chicken I for the life of me cannot understand why a beer battered deep-fried breaded pork tenderloin sandwich is not on the menu!

Don't be suprised to see it as a special, it's more of a mid West favorite, I love them but getting enough folks to try them when they usually have their minds made up before they come in, isn't easy.
    Come to think of it, I want one right now!!

chewingthefat
    Sirloin
    Re:Need feedback 2012/10/11 17:05:36 (permalink)
    Michael Hoffman

I think posting the guest book stuff is a good idea.

Thanks Michael, I've decided that the first person that says to me, "I read every page", and I believe them, their meal will be comped!

chewingthefat
    Sirloin
    Re:Need feedback 2012/10/11 17:08:28 (permalink)
    agnesrob

I think your sight looks great. I'm forwarding the link to my brother who loves to visit Gettysburg at least once or twice a year.

Agnes, thanks and tell him to make sure he introduces himself to the old fart sitting at the computer.....a vantage point that allows me to listen in to comments!

chewingthefat
    Sirloin
    Re:Need feedback 2012/10/11 17:11:08 (permalink)
    fishtaco

fish, It's a sandwich Jack Reacher would like, I'll bet !

FriedClamFanatic
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1650
    Re:Need feedback 2012/10/11 18:54:44 (permalink)
    chewingthefat

fishtaco

fish, It's a sandwich Jack Reacher would like, I'll bet !

ROFL....but yeah.....reading the latest book in between scoffing the goodies here, He'd be multiplying the number of entries dividing by the number of diners, adding CTF couple of "specials" and deciding......what the hell, I'll order the Baloney Sammwich"  ( ya gotta read the book to understand!)
    Davydd
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6360
    Re:Need feedback 2012/10/11 19:39:52 (permalink)
    chewingthefat

Davydd

Don't be suprised to see it as a special, it's more of a mid West favorite, I love them but getting enough folks to try them when they usually have their minds made up before they come in, isn't easy.
    Come to think of it, I want one right now!!

The Broad Axe in Hagerstown, MD, Murphy's, a Grand Irish Pub, Alexandria, VA and the Chuckwagon, Nokesville, VA serve them.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1