Need opinion of a burger place in Milwaukee

Author
semperfimom
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 29
2006/06/04 15:49:32 (permalink)

Need opinion of a burger place in Milwaukee

We are planning on riding the Lake Express from Muskegon to Milwaukee in 1½ weeks. We've heard of Solly's and would like your opinions of the butter burger. We're going to eat there anyways, but would like to hear your comments!
Thanks!

7 Replies Related Threads

phatphil
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 670
    RE: Need opinion of a burger place in Milwaukee 2006/06/04 16:23:02 (permalink)
    bet csd knows that one, wait for him to pop on
    BuddyRoadhouse
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4275
    RE: Need opinion of a burger place in Milwaukee 2006/06/05 00:52:44 (permalink)
    I believe this is what you're looking for:

http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=615

I have eaten at Solly's once, about a year ago. It was very good, but the butterburger was a little over the top for me. These are not 1/3 to 1/2 pound pub burgers. These are skinny little burgers with a slab of real butter, only slightly smaller in circumference and thickness than the burger itself. The butter is plopped down on top of the burger and oozes out from all sides.

Definitely worth trying at least once in your life. There are people who eat here once a week and eat doubles! I don't know how they do it.

Buddy

P.S. Run a search on Solly's, it has been discussed in numerous threads.

B.
    MilwFoodlovers
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3160
    RE: Need opinion of a burger place in Milwaukee 2006/06/05 06:57:11 (permalink)
    If you go the Solly route, order a double on a pillow. I agree that the patty is too thin to be Milwaukee's best burger but at least a double will give you more meat. The pillow is a French bread so your burger doesn't disintegrate into a buttery mess. It's worth a stop while in town but not my Milwaukee favorite, still it would be like going to Cincinnati and not having Skyline.
    semperfimom
    Junior Burger
    RE: Need opinion of a burger place in Milwaukee 2006/06/05 09:37:21 (permalink)
    Thanks guys! I just discovered this website this weekend. I didn't know there were so many people that do road trips just to eat out! I thought we were the only ones. I'll be back often.
    BTW...these Snitz forums are the best!
    UncleVic
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6025
    RE: Need opinion of a burger place in Milwaukee 2006/06/05 11:18:52 (permalink)
    Hey Semperfimom... Welcome to Roadfood! Glad to see someone else thats local around here get on the boards.. (I'm between GR and Ada).. We'll be hitting the Lake Express here shortly to do up Summerfest in Milwaukee (Far better then what they have going in Muskegon).
    http://www.lake-express.com/
    http://www.summerfest.com/
    semperfimom
    Junior Burger
    RE: Need opinion of a burger place in Milwaukee 2006/06/05 12:17:35 (permalink)
    Thanks! I sent you an email UncleVic. I'm looking forward to good info of area eateries and distant ones too!
    semperfimom
    Junior Burger
    RE: Need opinion of a burger place in Milwaukee 2006/06/16 22:16:52 (permalink)
    Hey...we made it back. Gotta tell ya....it was one of the best burgers I've eaten. It definitely was buttery! Not in a greasy way, but tasty buttery way. I took a photo of it too, but it didn't turn out. We took a photo of the Solly sign above an insurance agent sign (hmm, health insurance?) and of the grease recycle dumpster in the back. Thanks for your suggestions. Our next trip in Septmeber takes us to California...San Clemente and the Humboldt Redwood State park.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1