New BBQ Joint in Metro Atlanta

Author
Pogo
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 269
2005/01/23 17:22:00 (permalink)

New BBQ Joint in Metro Atlanta

There is a new BBQ Joint in town, Jim and Nicks BBQ. It is located on Hwy 278 near Hiram, GA. about 2 miles from downtown Powder Springs.

I have used their take-out window both times I have tried them, so I cant tell you what the inside looks like. The outside is really cool looking so it probably is inside also.

The pulled pork BBQ is excellent. They are smart enough to know that you have to have some of Mr. Brown mixed in with the meat and there is a good balance of that crisp, smoky fat/meat included. The baked beans are really good, not too sweet, with chunks of onion and bell pepper. The sweet mayo slaw is pretty good, better than most. The HOMEMADE frenchfries are really nice!
They have the usual BBQ Joint items on the menu, chicken, ribs, brunswick stew, etc. but I haven't had a chance to try them yet. This is definitely the best BBQ (IMO) on the West Side.

2 Replies Related Threads

signman
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1743
    RE: New BBQ Joint in Metro Atlanta 2005/01/24 10:12:04 (permalink)
    I think they have a few stores in Birmingham, or at least I'm thinking of a place with a very similar name. I remember it as pretty good, with very good real onion rings. I guess they've expanded over to the Atlanta area, particularly since it's the West side.
    Pogo
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 269
    RE: New BBQ Joint in Metro Atlanta 2005/01/26 23:40:20 (permalink)
    signman,
    yeah, it looks like a chain. I will have to try the onion rings.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1