New Barbecue Restaurant in Philly Burbs

Author
phlmaestro
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 370
2010/04/26 13:48:15 (permalink)

New Barbecue Restaurant in Philly Burbs

My parents threw a party over the weekend and, as they often do, they took out a large amount of barbecue to feed the guests. They usually go to a place called Abner's in Jenkintown, which is in eastern Mongtomery Country in the northern Philly burbs. Abner's was nothing special and not particularly authentic. But when we stopped to pick up the bbq, I saw that Abner's was no longer Abner's.  It's now Rosey's BBQ, and the people at Rosey's seem to have a much better idea of what they're doing. In the first place, I heard some genuine southern accents behind the counter, so I'm assuming these people have some experience and an idea of what they're doing. They have a very large stand-up box-type of smoker in the back. I tried both their baby-back ribs and chicken and both had a nice smokey flavor. The ribs had an outer crust with a pink smoke-layer right beneath it.

I didn't really try enough to rave about this place. And it was only one experience. But anyone from this area who loves barbecue may want to check it out, especially if they're in the Jenkintown area. Here is their web site: www.roseysbbq.com

9 Replies Related Threads

roseysbbq
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re:New Barbecue Restaurant in Philly Burbs 2010/04/29 22:35:41 (permalink)
    I'm not sure I should be the one responding, but I'm going to anyway.  I want to thank you for the kind words.  My name is Chad(Rosey) and I own Rosey's.  The Southern voice you heard was Jarvis, my GM from Memphis, who worked for a famous BBQ shop in Memphis for 16 years.  We are the only authentic Memphis BBQ joint in the Philadelphia area, and our mission is to stay authentic, and hope that people will "get it".  Once again, I'm glad you enjoyed the BBQ. Stop by to introduce yourself on your next visit.

Chad
    acer2x
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 444
    Re:New Barbecue Restaurant in Philly Burbs 2010/04/29 22:51:35 (permalink)
    I'll stop by and give this place a try. I didn't care for Abner's.

mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15244
    Re:New Barbecue Restaurant in Philly Burbs 2010/04/30 06:25:16 (permalink)
    Chad
      Good Luck with your goal of bringing BBQ (GOOD BBQ) to Philly! Since it has been quite a bit of time since the first poster made his recommendation we can assume that things are 'Rosie' at Rosey's BBQ !!! Welcome to the Roadfood Site/
    chewingthefat
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6186
    Re:New Barbecue Restaurant in Philly Burbs 2010/05/01 12:21:01 (permalink)
    Looks good to me but color in the video would be a huge plus, IMHO!
    sammyjamminiam
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re:New Barbecue Restaurant in Philly Burbs 2011/04/20 11:57:29 (permalink)
    Honestly, if you're looking for really amazing FRESH SMOKED barbecue for any type of special event (pick up or catering delivery) then I highly recommend trying Famous Dave's in Springfield (or Philadelphia).  They have an awesome menu full of southern favorites and a great selection of high quality Memphis style BBQ and smoked meats and sides (Sorry Rosey - you're not the only one!)  I'm not kidding - fantastic St. Louis style (yummy rubbed)  ribs, naked or carmelized on the grill to perfection.  Their beef brisket is absolutely the best in the region (no exceptions) and their roasted chicken will blow you away.   I haven't tried Rosey's yet, but I have been to just about every rib joint in the tri-state area...  I will definitely head down to Ambler once they get their BYO and blues set up.  In the meantime, can't help but share the LOVE when it comes to good "Que" in Philly!!![}:)
    ann peeples
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8328
    Re:New Barbecue Restaurant in Philly Burbs 2011/04/20 12:44:02 (permalink)
    Really, Sammy??? Really?
    Gumbo191
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 71
    Re:New Barbecue Restaurant in Philly Burbs 2011/04/20 12:53:40 (permalink)
    Sammy, do you happen to work at or own stock in FD's?
    chewingthefat
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6186
    Re:New Barbecue Restaurant in Philly Burbs 2011/04/20 16:53:34 (permalink)
    Sammy, get back on your meds!
    Lost Nation
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 108
    Re:New Barbecue Restaurant in Philly Burbs 2011/04/21 08:02:50 (permalink)
    sammyjamminiam

Honestly, if you're looking for really amazing FRESH SMOKED barbecue for any type of special event (pick up or catering delivery) then I highly recommend trying Famous Dave's in Springfield (or Philadelphia).  They have an awesome menu full of southern favorites and a great selection of high quality Memphis style BBQ and smoked meats and sides (Sorry Rosey - you're not the only one!)  I'm not kidding - fantastic St. Louis style (yummy rubbed)  ribs, naked or carmelized on the grill to perfection.  Their beef brisket is absolutely the best in the region (no exceptions) and their roasted chicken will blow you away.   I haven't tried Rosey's yet, but I have been to just about every rib joint in the tri-state area...  I will definitely head down to Ambler once they get their BYO and blues set up.  In the meantime, can't help but share the LOVE when it comes to good "Que" in Philly!!![}:)

Sammy, I'm from Swarthmore as you know about 2 miles from FD's. I think they $uck, Over priced junk with warm beer. When I eat BBQ in the area (mom and family still live there) I go to Fat Daddies in Drexel Hill. Best beef ribs I have ever had.

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1