The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

New Cheesesteak place in Phoenix.AZ

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9544
New Cheesesteak place in Phoenix.AZ Thu, 11/6/08 5:59 PM (permalink)
A new Cheesesteak place has opened on Priest Rd just North of Warner in Tempe/Chandler near the IKEA store, just off I-10. I haven't tried it yet but will this week or next and file a report. And NO! I'm not affiliated with them in any way! Just wanted to give my Fellow "Basinonians" a heads up.
http://www.forefatherssteaks.com

Foodbme

Re:New Cheesesteak place in Phoenix.AZ Thu, 01/15/09 3:20 PM (permalink)
    Finally got to this place and it is a GOOD Philly Cheesesteak! They have the meat shipped in from Philly. The bun is authentic as well.  They also offer Chicken Cheesesteaks & Salads. Didn't see anyone eating the chicken! Maybe the Phila. Eagles will go there when the come to town this week to get their Butts kicked by the Invinceable Cardinals. The Cardinals Corporate offices and practice fields are just down the street from this place! GO REDBIRDS!! 

acer2x

• Total Posts: 440
      Re:New Cheesesteak place in Phoenix.AZ Thu, 01/15/09 3:22 PM (permalink)
      Yo!

What's a bun? A cheesesteak is served on a ROLL.

EAGLES 28       PHX 17

Foodbme

Re:New Cheesesteak place in Phoenix.AZ Thu, 01/15/09 3:45 PM (permalink)
        acer2x

Yo!

What's a bun? A cheesesteak is served on a ROLL.

EAGLES 28       PHX 17

Bun-Roll, what's the diff?  Incidently you have the scores reversed.

chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6093
          Re:New Cheesesteak place in Phoenix.AZ Sat, 01/17/09 12:39 PM (permalink)
          Foodbme

Finally got to this place and it is a GOOD Philly Cheesesteak! They have the meat shipped in from Philly. The bun is authentic as well.  They also offer Chicken Cheesesteaks & Salads. Didn't see anyone eating the chicken! Maybe the Phila. Eagles will go there when the come to town this week to get their Butts kicked by the Invinceable Cardinals. The Cardinals Corporate offices and practice fields are just down the street from this place! GO REDBIRDS!! 

Why would they bother to have the meat shipped in from Philly, that makes no sense???

RoyalDogs

• Total Posts: 95
            Re:New Cheesesteak place in Phoenix.AZ Wed, 01/28/09 9:17 PM (permalink)
            mmmm, Cheeese Steak. Yummm perhaps they order from philly because the authintic taste of the meat. What I miss the most about the east coast was the chinese and the cheese steak!

Goooo Cards!

Baah Ben

• Total Posts: 3026
              Re:New Cheesesteak place in Phoenix.AZ Wed, 01/28/09 10:09 PM (permalink)
              Food - Did you say they had a turkey cheesesteak on the menu in honor of the Eagles when they were in town?

GO CARDS!  GO GRANDPAPPY WARNER.  I like them to upset the Steelers.  Cover..Game and all!!

Getting back to this new place.  How much do they charge for a Philly Cheesesteak?  If they have to ship in the meat and the roll, I'm just wondering what they have to charge for this to be profitable.  Refrigerated common carrier from Philly to Arizona...Say a minimum of what?  500 to 1000 lbs. That adds significantly to your food cost. 

Chew - I'm with you on this one...Maybe they were just saying it?  Why would you have to bring in the meat from Philly?  Unless, it is Australian beef and there is a master distributor in Philly..That would actually make sense.  I'd heard that Geno's used imported rib eyes.  They said so on a old FoodTV spot.

I could sort of see bringing in the roll, but why would you have to bring in the meat? 

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                • No New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                • Locked w/ New Messages
                • Locked w/o New Messages
                • Read Message
                • Post New Thread
                • Reply to message
                • Post New Poll
                • Submit Vote
                • Post reward post
                • Delete my own posts
                • Delete my own threads
                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com