New Jersey Hamburgers...where?

Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: New Jersey Hamburgers...where? 2013/07/17 09:40:32
Hi Ellen.  Good to see you on RF!

FriedClamFanatic
RE: New Jersey Hamburgers...where? 2013/07/17 12:22:30
Hey, Ellen......welcome back!!!!!!!!!!  Been a while.  There was thread a while back about folks who seemed to have dropped by the wayside and your name was mentioned.  Look forward to seeing some more of your great reports
leethebard
Sirloin
RE: New Jersey Hamburgers...where? 2013/07/17 16:38:28
Welcome back, Ellen!!!
ellen4641
Filet Mignon
RE: New Jersey Hamburgers...where? 2013/07/17 22:52:28
FriedClamFanatic

Hey, Ellen......welcome back!!!!!!!!!!  Been a while.  There was thread a while back about folks who seemed to have dropped by the wayside and your name was mentioned.  Look forward to seeing some more of your great reports

Thx for such the nice welcome back, FriedClamFanatic :)!!
U ,too, CHRISOC, and LeetheBard !
Yup, I dropped by the wayside for awhile, mostly got real caught up with the Facebook food groups.
(including my own "Ellenlovesburgers", and my pastrami page, lol.)
I need to start posting some pics & reports on HERE, too again, huh !:)

ken8038
RE: New Jersey Hamburgers...where? 2013/08/04 22:56:54
Another Sunday, another monthly hamburger trip, this time to Little Shanty, in Warren NJ, as recommended by Ellen (Hi Ellen, if you're still there..), on the previous page.

http://www.littleshantyfries.com/

The review of this one is a little complicated. We got there at around Noon and were the only ones on line. The order taker, who was obviously new, wasn't really prepared for our few simple questions about the fairly confusing topping options on the Burger. Fine. He was pleasant enough. We struggled thru and placed our order, 2 burgers and a shared order of fries, plus 2 self-service fountain sodas.  No harm, no foul. This all came to around $23 which is becoming the new normal in the New Jersey Quality Fast Food Burger world.

Our order was delievered to our table in about 10 minutes. There seemed to be about 5 workers in the small kitchen which seemed to me to be a bit of overstaffing on a beautiful Sunday when most of NJ is out and about outdoors, but that's not my problem.  Ok, so the burgers were pretty good, and the fries (with the onion bits) were unique and quite tasty. In fact, since the order of fries was fairly small, I decided to get a second order, they were that good.

This is where things got complicated. The line was now about 5 people long, and New Guy was obviously in over his head. The Owner Guy (mentioned by Ellen above) started a new line by the 2nd Cash register, and promptly got into an argument with a lady with 2 small children on the other line, who I think was asking if he could help with her order. The lady was clearly flabbergasted at his attitude. It was uncomfortable for everyone on line.  A couple of people on line simply turned around and walked out the door.  It now seemed to me like an additional order of fries was not worth the effort, so we left. I think the owner needs to be a little less high strung if he wants to make a go of this.
Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5