New Sous Vide Gadget

Author
felix4067
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3498
2014/05/07 13:35:52 (permalink)

New Sous Vide Gadget

I can't for the life of me find where the conversation was happening, but I remember some of y'all were talking about wanting to cook sous vide but not being able to afford it. There's a new project on Kickstarter that's already raised almost 6x its funding goals with 41 days to go. $169.00 retail, less if you pledge to support the project. Turns a regular stock pot into a sous vide cooker, apparently.

https://www.kickstarter.c...sous-vide-with-your-ip

*I have nothing to do with this, I just ran across it while scanning websites for stuff to write about on the blog I work for.

2 Replies Related Threads

EdSails
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4013
    Re:New Sous Vide Gadget 2014/05/08 02:52:07 (permalink)
    Very interesting, felix. I'd be very interested in pnwchef's input.
    pnwchef
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2397
    Re:New Sous Vide Gadget 2014/05/08 11:57:59 (permalink)
    The Bluetooth app takes the thinking out of the equation. This is a good idea for home cooks, they just want to set and go. I can also see the Sous Vide process showing up in Chain restaurants, this will also bring a better quality of food to the table, without much more thinking in the kitchen. In other words, a chain restaurant doesn't want any thinking from their employees, they just want things done exactly the same way at every location. This device also fits on any pot, that's good for the home cook. Some of the Sous Vide immersion devices don't fit well on a lot of pots. This method of cooking fits my style of living, it takes some thinking ahead. I'm doing a Chateaubriand for Mother's day, I can almost taste it. I'll be in the keys in Florida for a few months this coming winter, this device would come in handy for all the fish I plan on catching. I feel $169 is a good price for this easy to use device............pnwc
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1