New Truck on the Block

Author
NewTruckOnTheBlock
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
2013/07/24 13:23:27 (permalink)

New Truck on the Block

Hello and Greetings to All,

I just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Manny and my girlfriend and I are starting a Food Truck. I have found an extraordinary amount of information on this forum and I would like to thank everyone for their very helpful contributions. We are located in MIA and we hope to build a mobile sandwich shop to service the South Florida area. We each have our areas of specialization, my girlfriend is the talent, she is an excellent chef with prior restaurant experience and I am the technical / mechanical support guy. We will be building our truck and business completely from scratch and hope to be able to hit the streets before the end of the year. I am still in the process of shopping for our truck and I've found one that I like but, I would love some feedback. It is an 18ft Gruman Olson about 10 years old formerly a vending foods delivery truck. It has about 200K miles and seems to be in good running order and best of all it is at an excellent price. The only real downside is there is slight bump in the rear drivers side corner where it was possibly "rear-ended" the damage seems minor however it does appear to have slightly bowed the sidewall between the rear door and the rear tire. Does anyone have experience with body repair on these types of trucks? I would normally want to avoid a truck with damage but the price is making it very appealing. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

2 Replies Related Threads

fishscale28
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 254
    Re:New Truck on the Block 2013/07/24 16:37:42 (permalink)
    Jump on it!  Aluminum body work on something like this shouldn't be too bad-especially since you'll probably be reinforcing that portion of the wall anyway.  Cheers and Welcome!

daddywoofdawg
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 299
    Re:New Truck on the Block 2013/07/26 18:17:48 (permalink)
    drive it to make sure the frame isn't bent.check the gvw it maybe a lightweight,you want something with a higher gvw due to the equipment you'll be adding;it adds up quick.diesel is a good thing.roll up door are a bad thing.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1