New York City Pies!

Author
SOS
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 5
2004/11/22 11:17:12 (permalink)

New York City Pies!

NYC is certainly the place to find tarts, French pastries etc., but I have never managed to find a fruit pie that was really outstanding! For Thanksgiving, my family always goes up to new England to get our pies, but I wondered if anyone knew of a good pie source here in New York --apple especially.

2 Replies Related Threads

tmiles
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1975
    RE: New York City Pies! 2004/11/23 12:52:06 (permalink)
    I'm sorry that nobody could help you here. There must be good pies in NYC. Up here, most bakeries, and even some on farm bakeries just cook up or "finish" a frozen pie. I know of only 2 local places that make pies from scratch. In the time it takes to get up here to New England you could make your own. Happy Thanksgiving.
    Todd
    tmiles
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1975
    RE: New York City Pies! 2004/11/24 12:44:30 (permalink)
    I don't know how close Big Y the Springfield Mass based chain gets to the city. I think that they have stores in CT. They were selling 12" pies from a CT orchard today. They say "handmade" and except for the cheap foil pie pan could pass for homemade by an excellent cook. I didn't buy one so I can't report on the flavor. As I have noted in another thread, I think apple pies are best when made by a friend or loved one.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1