New York city?

Author
Jimeats
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3175
2011/04/13 09:45:24 (permalink)

New York city?

I'm looking to spend a weekend in NYC, well not me but my daughters. Looking for an area outside the city Conn. or NJ or one of the bourrows on a transportation line to the city. Any suggestions for them traveling on the cheap so to speak would be great.
Thanks Jim

2 Replies Related Threads

Scorereader
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5550
    Re:New York city? 2011/04/13 11:11:00 (permalink)
    You can find cheap hotels in NJ close to various rail lines (commuter rail and light rail). Obviously, the further out, the lower the price. Also, up the Hudson Line in NY State. I've stayed in downtown Newark (which is a transitioning downtown) and could safely walk form hotel to Newark's Penn Station, and took rail to Manhattan. Easy, safe and convenient.
    Also, most Newark airport hotels have free shuttles to train and airport. And you can always find deals at airport hotels.

The only problem with staying in Brooklyn or Queens, is paying all the toll bridge fees. But, there are cheap, name brand hotels in Queens that are near subway stations. I'm not, however, familiar enough with the neighborhoods in Queens to recommend a safe spot.

bartl
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1299
    Re:New York city? 2011/04/14 22:45:00 (permalink)
    When my wife and I have to stay in a hotel overnight (for work being done, extermination, etc.), we usually go to the Ramada Inn in Rochelle Park (near Garden State Plaza). Right near the 163 to New York, the rooms are not great, but it's like $90/night and many of the rooms have refrigerators and microwaves (make sure you get one that does). Caveat: Inspect the room BEFORE you unpack your bags. If there is anything wrong, go down and complain; my wife and I have never been sent to a bad 2nd room.

Better is the Holiday Inn Express in Paramus, but you will pay another $30-40 or so a night for the privilege.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1