New "best cheeseburger in Dallas"

Author
Twinwillow
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5081
2006/09/18 00:28:50 (permalink)

New "best cheeseburger in Dallas"

I just returned from a "Slow Food" event at a recently opened burger house in Dallas. The "Twisted Root Burger Co." in the "Deep Ellum" section serves full
1/2 lb. burgers and cheeseburgers made from locally raised grass fed Black Angus cattle as well as ostrich and buffalo.
The best burgers I have had in a long time in Dallas.
The "Twisted Root" gets it's name from the shaved twisted sweet potatos that are perfectly fried and then dusted with cinnamon, hot pepper, salt and sugar. All the "sides" are locally grown and made in house and prepared in a "gourmet style". But, don't read this wrong.
This place is a rustic, brick walled restaurant with exceptionally good, very reasonably priced food.
Even the ice cream is made in house fresh every day. They also serve home made root beer that tastes like the best root beer you ever had.
They have a full bar but I couldn't stop drinking the root beer and their sweet watermelon ice tea.
If you live in Dallas, you have to try this place. If your visiting, seek it out.
www.twistedrootburgerco.com

8 Replies Related Threads

irodguy
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 7
    RE: New "best cheeseburger in Dallas" 2006/10/10 19:26:37 (permalink)
    They are good however, personally I think Scotty Ps is better. There is no question that the onion rings are better at Scotty Ps. That being said twisted root is good and their sweet potato chips rock!

Missed the slow food event, just was to darn tired that Sunday!
    planojim
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 175
    RE: New "best cheeseburger in Dallas" 2006/10/20 11:44:21 (permalink)
    I don't venture down to Deep Ellum any more....but I went there after the State Fair since it was so close.

I drove down to Twisted Root. More on that later...but what I was struck by while standing there putting money in the meter, was the fact that 3 of the best burgers in Dallas are all right there within a block of each other.

You have Twisted Root, which is more of an "upscale" burger. Actually, that's probably not a good description. Well crafted might be a better term. Everything there is absolutely top notch.

You have Adair's Saloon, which is the ultimate dive bar burger.

and you have Angry Dog which is a decent bar that serves a great burger. It gets voted best in Dallas by the Observer almost every year.

All within a city block. Ouch. My arteries.

Oneiron339
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2075
    RE: New "best cheeseburger in Dallas" 2006/10/22 10:17:59 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by planojim

I don't venture down to Deep Ellum any more....but I went there after the State Fair since it was so close.

I drove down to Twisted Root. More on that later...but what I was struck by while standing there putting money in the meter, was the fact that 3 of the best burgers in Dallas are all right there within a block of each other.

You have Twisted Root, which is more of an "upscale" burger. Actually, that's probably not a good description. Well crafted might be a better term. Everything there is absolutely top notch.

You have Adair's Saloon, which is the ultimate dive bar burger.

and you have Angry Dog which is a decent bar that serves a great burger. It gets voted best in Dallas by the Observer almost every year.

All within a city block. Ouch. My arteries.

How would you compare these to Kincaid's?
    Bhops
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 19
    Re:New "best cheeseburger in Dallas" 2010/04/09 17:32:42 (permalink)
    The Grape got best hamburger in Texas according to Texas Monthly but it's not exactly roadfood.

I like the Point Burger at Baileys' First and Ten.

The Balls on Midway is good because they will cook it rare.

Twisted Root is good.  Maple and Motor is good (oddly enough, located at Maple and Motor).

I grew up on Burgerhouse.  Hard to beat but quite the gut-bomb.
    Bhops
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 19
    Re:New "best cheeseburger in Dallas" 2010/04/09 17:37:30 (permalink)
    Chip's is also consistently good.

Scotty P's, Angry Dog... all good.

Anybody tried teh burger at Lee Harvey's?  I have not.
    PapaJoe8
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5504
    Re:New "best cheeseburger in Dallas" 2010/04/09 20:59:17 (permalink)
    Not in tha same realm as the burgers mentioned above but... yall got me cravin a Keller's #5 w/ chili. "No, not a chili burger! A 5 w/ chili" is what you must tell the car hop in order to get one... cause it's not on tha menu. Oh, and some tater tots. Keller's may be the first B&M to sell tots?
    Joe
    TnTinCT
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 482
    Re:New "best cheeseburger in Dallas" 2010/04/10 07:25:52 (permalink)
    Got to try Twisted Root last time I was in Dallas - it was a pretty good burger. I really enjoyed some of their sides - we shared a "Fried Ride" - every fried side they had on one plate - fried pickles, fried green beans (which were really great), sweet potato chips, onion things, and fries. They also made a home-made "hot" pickle which set my tastebuds on fire. Overall enjoyable experience.
    Run2Eat
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 91
    Re:New "best cheeseburger in Dallas" 2010/04/10 10:37:57 (permalink)
    Ahhh Keller's... The wife and I like to hit the one on Northwest Hwy after a race @ whiterock Lake... Burn a couple thousand calories and then put em right back! Cold beer and juicy burgers.... Good stuff..
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1