The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

New forum format

Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 4 of 6, messages 91 to 120 of 177
Stephen Rushmore Jr.

Re:New forum format Fri, 12/19/08 1:55 PM (permalink)
Davydd, that looks pretty good.  I should pick one up.

Davydd

• Total Posts: 6227
    Re:New forum format Fri, 12/19/08 2:07 PM (permalink)
    If I turn the iPhone sideways I can actually read the forum without zooming in. You can zoom in just by putting two fingers down on the screen and spreading them.

The actual iPhone screen looks sharper than this full size photo.

Davydd

• Total Posts: 6227
      Re:New forum format Fri, 12/19/08 2:17 PM (permalink)
      Stephen,

I know you said you changed the background color and you can see on my iPhone that I pick up the color change. However, on my Mac the background color is still the light gray. I even logged off, quit out of the browser, came back and logged back on to no avail. I will try clearing my history to see if that helps.

Clearing all Roadfood.com history from the browser did not work for me. Still gray background.
      <message edited by Davydd on Fri, 12/19/08 2:26 PM>

edwmax

• Total Posts: 2015
        Re:New forum format Fri, 12/19/08 2:23 PM (permalink)
        For all u guys having problem with small type, with Internet Explorer and Firefox you can ZOOM the browser window for larger, readable text by holding the CRTL key and scrolling the mouse wheel.

You guys with Firefox you can click VIEW, ZOOM, and Zoom Text Only to zoom just the text.

leethebard

• Total Posts: 6083
          Re:New forum format Fri, 12/19/08 2:26 PM (permalink)
          Hey, thanks for that tip...that's cool!!!

Russ Jackson

• Total Posts: 2257
            Re:New forum format Fri, 12/19/08 3:16 PM (permalink)
            Thank you,
            I feel a little better. I wonder if posts are down since the change?...Russ

Russ Jackson

Re:New forum format Fri, 12/19/08 3:24 PM (permalink)
              I agree with Michael about the old topic page where you could scroll through to see each topic that has changed. If anyone figures a way to do this please reply....Russ

improviser

• Total Posts: 865
                Re:New forum format Fri, 12/19/08 4:11 PM (permalink)
                I've been looking at the new forum for 3 days and I just now figured out how to post to a thread under the new format (didn't realize you had to login first. The old system, you could hit reply to topic then log in.)

So that was my fault. However, I took 9 tries before the verification system would accept my login, even though I spelled my username and password correctly everytime.

I think the new system will grow on us.

jaylhorner

• Total Posts: 427
                  Re:New forum format Fri, 12/19/08 4:21 PM (permalink)
                  At first, I didn't care for new format; however, after trying it out for a while, it is pretty good.  There are many new options and good tools. 

leethebard

Re:New forum format Fri, 12/19/08 4:27 PM (permalink)
                    I bet they are...or at least it looks it,if you check the forums page!

John A

• Total Posts: 4295
                      Re:New forum format Fri, 12/19/08 5:32 PM (permalink)
                      Y'all are not getting your priorities straight.  First ; How did Hamburgers get on top of Hot Dogs in the Lunch and Dinner Forums Thread (Just kidding ). Second; When you roll over the smilies with the mouse it no longer describes the intent of all of them.

mhill95

• Total Posts: 189
                        Re:New forum format Fri, 12/19/08 8:23 PM (permalink)
                        [This post was marked as helpful]
                        Every Vist, the new is a little Better.
                        I'm sure with some tweaking, everything will be fine.

David_NYC

• Total Posts: 2162
                          Re:New forum format Sat, 12/20/08 12:54 AM (permalink)
                          I have seen some message board and chat board operators make a video on how to use their software package, then post it on Youtube.

PopsDogHouse

Re:New forum format Sat, 12/20/08 8:46 AM (permalink)
                            edwmax

For all u guys having problem with small type, with Internet Explorer and Firefox you can ZOOM the browser window for larger, readable text by holding the CRTL key and scrolling the mouse wheel.

You guys with Firefox you can click VIEW, ZOOM, and Zoom Text Only to zoom just the text.

Thank you.  That helped a bit.

kland01s

• Total Posts: 2835
                              Re:New forum format Sat, 12/20/08 2:39 PM (permalink)
                              I complained earlier about the picture size and discovered that they are small if you are not loged, log in and they are normal. What tricked me is that on the Home page I am shown to be logged in but on the Forum page, I am not so that means you have to to log in every visit.

Early today the home town of each poster appeared under their name, I liked that feature. I see it's gone already.
                              <message edited by kland01s on Sat, 12/20/08 2:40 PM>

John A

• Total Posts: 4295
                                Re:New forum format Sat, 12/20/08 5:07 PM (permalink)
                                kland01s

I complained earlier about the picture size and discovered that they are small if you are not loged, log in and they are normal. What tricked me is that on the Home page I am shown to be logged in but on the Forum page, I am not so that means you have to to log in every visit.

Early today the home town of each poster appeared under their name, I liked that feature. I see it's gone already.

Yes, what's with that? I liked that feature.

wheregreggeats.com

Re:New forum format Sat, 12/20/08 5:08 PM (permalink)
                                  I liked the hometown feature as well.

leethebard

Re:New forum format Sat, 12/20/08 5:15 PM (permalink)
                                    Wow...one of the improvements...and it's gone!!!!What happened and why???????

geez70

• Total Posts: 40
                                      Re:New forum format Sat, 12/20/08 5:20 PM (permalink)

I think this new format stinks........ although after getting used to all the new, it may be ok.. guess I am just not one for change.

Sundancer7

Re:New forum format Sat, 12/20/08 5:21 PM (permalink)
                                        Probably due to the fact that a lot of posters did not want that indicated.

Paul E. Smith
                                        Knoxville, TN

joerogo

• Total Posts: 4467
                                          Re:New forum format Sat, 12/20/08 5:26 PM (permalink)
                                          Sundancer7

Probably due to the fact that a lot of posters did not want that indicated.

Paul E. Smith
                                          Knoxville, TN

Paul, Couldn't they just leave that info blank on their profile if they didn't want it posted under their name?

I liked seeing hometowns and how long peoploe were members. 

Russ Jackson

Re:New forum format Sat, 12/20/08 5:34 PM (permalink)
                                            Wow...one of the improvements...and it's gone!!!!What happened and why???????

Relax lee give them and the site a little time. I am sure they are listening to the posters and will continue to adjust  as you and the rest of us adapt...Russ
                                            <message edited by Russ Jackson on Sat, 12/20/08 5:35 PM>

Ort. Carlton.

• Total Posts: 3589
                                              Re:New forum format Sat, 12/20/08 6:57 PM (permalink)
                                              Dearfolk,
                                                 I just posted twice under the "Post Count" thread.
                                                 Gad, is this new system hard to figure out! I'm just gonna have to hold on until after January 1 to post much, because only then will U. Ga. be back in session, and the usual librarians be handy to explain the workings of this thing to me.
                                                 Until then, y'all have a Happy Holiday. I'll be back sometime in 2009.
                                                    Sqintingly, Ort. "Four Eyes" Carlton in Left-Handed Athens, Georgia.

Baah Ben

• Total Posts: 3026
                                                Re:New forum format Sat, 12/20/08 7:08 PM (permalink)
                                                I like the old format better, too.  But, thanks for spell hecker.
                                                <message edited by Baah Ben on Sat, 12/20/08 7:10 PM>

Louis

• Total Posts: 714
                                                  Re:New forum format Sat, 12/20/08 7:13 PM (permalink)
                                                  Ort, just remember to always use to use the Size 2 font when you post (like this one).  I always enjoy reading your individualistic, literate hand.

Twinwillow

• Total Posts: 4899
                                                    Re:New forum format Sat, 12/20/08 7:16 PM (permalink)
                                                    geez70

I think this new format stinks........ although after getting used to all the new, it may be ok.. guess I am just not one for change.

I concur. 

Russ Jackson

Re:New forum format Sat, 12/20/08 7:27 PM (permalink)
                                                      I have been a member at this site for just over 1 year now. My job and the current times are tough enough. However this site has and continues to bring pleasure to me on just about a daily basis as I know it does to many of you. I also think it keeps some of the older posters sharp and involved. I laugh and curse at posts just as you all do. Some posters that irritate me I find I miss them when they are not around. And the ones I love I search them out to see what the have posted and commented on lately. The one thing I have learned about computers and the internet is that it will continue to evolve. I am sure that many of you old timers fought and fought even buying a computer or received your first one from a family member that knew you would enjoy it. Because you were too stuborn to purchase one yourself. I cannot count the places I have gone to or the recipes I have aquired because of this site. Never would I go into a strange city without checking here first. It has made eating and traveling far more productive and enjoyable than ever before. I am sure the owners had little or no choice but to change this site and most likely fought it to the end. Should any of you decide to leave this site without spending some extra time learning this new method I say shame on you. Change is inevitibale so suck it up and get with it. Just My Opinion...Russ

Greymo

• Total Posts: 3667
                                                        • Location: Marriottsville, MD
                                                        Re:New forum format Sat, 12/20/08 9:43 PM (permalink)
                                                        Russ,

Why do you feel that it is only the old timers complaining?  Do you know everyone's age  or is this just an assumption on your part?

Russ Jackson

Re:New forum format Sat, 12/20/08 10:01 PM (permalink)

I dont think only the old timers complain. If my post came off that way I never meant it to. Was not my intention....Russ

HDtravlr1

Re:New forum format Sat, 12/20/08 10:36 PM (permalink)
                                                            I miss the city, state feature as well.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 4 of 6, messages 91 to 120 of 177

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com