The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

New here. Working on a Peruvian food truck for SLC, UT

Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 4 of 5, messages 91 to 120 of 121
DWags541

• Total Posts: 174
Re:New here. Working on a Peruvian food truck for SLC, UT Sat, 03/31/12 7:12 PM (permalink)
I ended up buying two fan blades and motors from catering truck parts:
http://www.cateringtruckp...d=78&categoryId=16

I am going to have a local fabricator build a hood around these fan installs. So far that is the plan. Meeting with him this coming week to see about laying out a plan. I feel like it will be less costly than installing a purchased premade hood. We'll see.

Vic Cardenas

• Total Posts: 177
    Re:New here. Working on a Peruvian food truck for SLC, UT Thu, 04/5/12 8:56 PM (permalink)
    My graphics finished printing! I got some paint done and graphics installed today. More to come.

Dr of BBQ

• Total Posts: 3716
      • Roadfood Insider
      Re:New here. Working on a Peruvian food truck for SLC, UT Fri, 04/6/12 8:48 AM (permalink)
      Vic,
      Your logo is looking good. It will add a lot to your trucks eye appeal. What is the blue section I'm seeing?
      jack

Vic Cardenas

Re:New here. Working on a Peruvian food truck for SLC, UT Fri, 04/6/12 9:19 AM (permalink)
        Thanks, Jack! That blue thing is a plastic menu/logo board backer. I'll be putting a logo on that and above that is the menu chalkboard, which also had some of that blue plastic, but I took that off and used chalkboard paint. Stay tuned... I'll be getting the paint and the logos done in the next few days (but it's snowing right now so nothing today).

Dr of BBQ

• Roadfood Insider
          Re:New here. Working on a Peruvian food truck for SLC, UT Fri, 04/6/12 3:25 PM (permalink)
          I was thinking about the chalk board thing and I think that is an awesome idea. It would be great for promotions, daily specials, and announcing when and at what events your going to do. Goood Idea.

DWags541

Re:New here. Working on a Peruvian food truck for SLC, UT Sat, 04/7/12 12:56 AM (permalink)
            Very slick. Great job!

Vic Cardenas

Re:New here. Working on a Peruvian food truck for SLC, UT Sat, 04/7/12 6:55 PM (permalink)
              Thanks guys. I got a little more paint and vinyl work done.

Oscar was not impressed at all...

CCinNJ

• Total Posts: 7745
                Re:New here. Working on a Peruvian food truck for SLC, UT Sat, 04/7/12 7:15 PM (permalink)
                It looks great and looks close to hitting the street. At least from the outside.

Oscar is a cutie!!

Vic Cardenas

Re:New here. Working on a Peruvian food truck for SLC, UT Sat, 04/7/12 10:17 PM (permalink)
                  Thanks CC! Yep, we're getting close.

Vic Cardenas

Re:New here. Working on a Peruvian food truck for SLC, UT Tue, 04/10/12 4:21 PM (permalink)
                    I have working refrigeration!!!!! Cold plate is all hooked up to compressor/condenser and charged. It's pulling down for the first time!!!!

Vic Cardenas

Re:New here. Working on a Peruvian food truck for SLC, UT Thu, 04/19/12 12:38 PM (permalink)
                      Not much to update. I finished the paint (but I haven't taken too many pictures yet). I've been trying to install the graphics but it's been ****ty weather. I still have the giant guinea pig and the giant logo to do. I did finally get the new LP tank mounted properly. I can't weld too good (at least for a critical propane tank mount) so I hired someone. Glad to have that done! The cold plate fridge seems to work well enough on cold days. Still not sure about the hot ones. Here's a teaser pic of the finished paint and graphics on one side....

Dr of BBQ

• Roadfood Insider
                        Re:New here. Working on a Peruvian food truck for SLC, UT Thu, 04/19/12 4:03 PM (permalink)
                        Vic,
                        No fair I want to see the side er make that both sides. LOL. I think it's going to improve your SV appearance 100%. Show us.

Vic Cardenas

Re:New here. Working on a Peruvian food truck for SLC, UT Thu, 04/19/12 4:42 PM (permalink)
                          Sorry Jack! lol Just teasers for now until I install the last two giant graphic pieces.

DWags541

Re:New here. Working on a Peruvian food truck for SLC, UT Thu, 04/19/12 11:27 PM (permalink)
                            I dig the look of the front. I've never seen a step van with that cool shape before.

Vic Cardenas

Re:New here. Working on a Peruvian food truck for SLC, UT Thu, 04/19/12 11:44 PM (permalink)
                              Yeah, neither have I. I think it's all custom because it's all made out of fiberglass on the fenders. I think maybe it was in a front-end. But if so, I don't care because the frame is straight, the alignment is good. Or it could've been customized by whoever did the bodies for AA cater truck back in the day. I've never seen another AA or HIVCO body, or even any other P30 look like this one.

mofood

• Total Posts: 117
                                Re:New here. Working on a Peruvian food truck for SLC, UT Fri, 04/20/12 1:19 AM (permalink)
                                Very cool hood. Definitely one of a kind

CCinNJ

Re:New here. Working on a Peruvian food truck for SLC, UT Fri, 04/20/12 1:29 AM (permalink)
                                  It's gonna be like Niecy Nash on Clean House...

Take off your blindfolds...and open your eyes!!!!

Vic Cardenas

Re:New here. Working on a Peruvian food truck for SLC, UT Sat, 04/21/12 7:14 PM (permalink)

CCinNJ

Re:New here. Working on a Peruvian food truck for SLC, UT Sun, 04/22/12 10:54 AM (permalink)
                                      You've come a long way Baby...from the Taco man truck that was on page 1.

Congratulations! It looks awesome!

Vic Cardenas

Re:New here. Working on a Peruvian food truck for SLC, UT Fri, 06/1/12 4:20 PM (permalink)
                                        Update: I got my health inspection today!!! I've been dealing with the HD for quite some time because all the commissaries here are full. I went in there just asking about "the list" which is the issue I've had for about a month now. I turned in my permit application and they said "Can you bring your truck down here in the next few hours? We can do your inspection." I hauled ass back and got my Permit!!!

PurpleCheetah

• Total Posts: 151
                                          Re:New here. Working on a Peruvian food truck for SLC, UT Mon, 06/4/12 11:35 PM (permalink)
                                          Vic Cardenas

Update: I got my health inspection today!!! I've been dealing with the HD for quite some time because all the commissaries here are full. I went in there just asking about "the list" which is the issue I've had for about a month now. I turned in my permit application and they said "Can you bring your truck down here in the next few hours? We can do your inspection." I hauled ass back and got my Permit!!!

WOO HOO !!! so glad for you much luck VC.....congrats

Dr of BBQ

• Roadfood Insider
                                            Re:New here. Working on a Peruvian food truck for SLC, UT Tue, 06/5/12 12:08 AM (permalink)
                                            Way to go buddy. Now you can go to work. Congratulations.
                                            jack

jupemars

• Total Posts: 3
                                              Re:New here. Working on a Peruvian food truck for SLC, UT Tue, 06/5/12 4:00 AM (permalink)
                                              Hey Vic - congrats. How's the food truck startup coming along? Do you have any information on where the exhaust hood on your truck came from?

Vic Cardenas

Re:New here. Working on a Peruvian food truck for SLC, UT Tue, 06/5/12 5:56 PM (permalink)
                                                Thanks guys! I just got one of my business licenses today. I still need one more for salt lake city. And they're all crazy and don't really know what I need. They said I'd have to have my insurance a certain way but they're not sure what type of coverages yet. :-/ They'll let me know.

jupemars: My truck was build by AA cater truck in So. Cal. It's all custom made by the company. All So. Californian truck Mfg. seem to have a similar design.

mofood

Re:New here. Working on a Peruvian food truck for SLC, UT Wed, 06/6/12 3:25 AM (permalink)
                                                  Nice work Vic! I'm sure you'll kill it!

DWags541

Re:New here. Working on a Peruvian food truck for SLC, UT Thu, 06/7/12 12:23 AM (permalink)
                                                    Hey Vic,
                                                    How's the ipad register working?

Vic Cardenas

Re:New here. Working on a Peruvian food truck for SLC, UT Sat, 06/9/12 2:58 AM (permalink)
                                                      I'm starting my first day on Sunday. Good spot too! Next day will be at the Peruvian Consulate. Thanks CC!
                                                      Mo: Thanks, I hope so!
                                                      D: Seems to work great! I love it's simplicity. We'll get her in action soon enough to see how she really works.

CCinNJ

Re:New here. Working on a Peruvian food truck for SLC, UT Sat, 06/9/12 9:08 AM (permalink)
                                                        That's great Vic!!

I know you and your wife are going to take SLC by storm!!

mofood

Re:New here. Working on a Peruvian food truck for SLC, UT Mon, 06/11/12 11:20 AM (permalink)
                                                          And Como Lomo is on the road!
                                                          Girlfriend and I hit the grand opening at the beautiful foothills of SLC yesterday. Simple menu, good price points, visually appealing cuisine, and most importantly well balanced, yummy flavors! Sure to be a success
                                                          Nice work guys!

Vic Cardenas

• Location: Midvale, UT
                                                            Re:New here. Working on a Peruvian food truck for SLC, UT Mon, 06/11/12 12:51 PM (permalink)
                                                            Thanks CC!
                                                            Thanks for stopping by Mo! I hoped you liked the Ceviche! Sorry about the commotion at the same time. My staff screwed up an order badly and I was PISSED!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 4 of 5, messages 91 to 120 of 121

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com