Nick's Famous Coneys Due to Close in Portland

Author
mr chips
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4727
2008/01/08 00:29:45 (permalink)

Nick's Famous Coneys Due to Close in Portland

Frank Nudo, owner of Nick's Famous Coneys for 40 years, has announced plan to retire and sell the building. The restaurant has been a hangout for polticos, sports figures, and a symbol of Portland's Hawthorne District less trendy past. Filled with Yankee memorabilia, as well as a lot of articles about the Oregon State Beavers and Oregon Ducks, Nicks has been a wonderfully retro hangout. It will stay open a couple more months so Roadfooders will still be able to visit the site until April 1. Read the review on this site to capture even more of the flavor.

4 Replies Related Threads

Goobzilla
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 43
    RE: Nick's Famous Coneys Due to Close in Portland 2008/01/08 00:54:10 (permalink)
    Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Gotta get down there for one more meal, I love that place. Thanks for the tip mr chips.
    buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10281
    RE: Nick's Famous Coneys Due to Close in Portland 2008/01/08 05:42:07 (permalink)
    Even though I have never been there, I am sorry to hear about the closing of Nick's for my Pac NW friends.

Is it me or has there been more Roadfood joints close or burn down in Oregon in the last few years than anywhere else?
    wheregreggeats.com
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4611
    RE: Nick's Famous Coneys Due to Close in Portland 2008/01/08 07:08:05 (permalink)
    I often fly into Portland, climb into a rental car to drive to see my family in central, OR. My problem is that when I am in PDX, I always sneak over to Stanich's ... I'll have to break that habit next time and get to Nick's just once.

Thnx Mr Chips for the news flash.

mr chips
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4727
    RE: Nick's Famous Coneys Due to Close in Portland 2008/01/08 09:34:50 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by buffetbuster

Even though I have never been there, I am sorry to hear about the closing of Nick's for my Pac NW friends.

Is it me or has there been more Roadfood joints close or burn down in Oregon in the last few years than anywhere else?
    Something like 5 Oregon roadfood places mentioned in the last Sterns book have closed. 3 Oregon places reviewed on the website have closed or been removed.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1