The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Nick's Famous Coneys Due to Close in Portland

mr chips

• Total Posts: 4715
Nick's Famous Coneys Due to Close in Portland Tue, 01/8/08 12:29 AM (permalink)
Frank Nudo, owner of Nick's Famous Coneys for 40 years, has announced plan to retire and sell the building. The restaurant has been a hangout for polticos, sports figures, and a symbol of Portland's Hawthorne District less trendy past. Filled with Yankee memorabilia, as well as a lot of articles about the Oregon State Beavers and Oregon Ducks, Nicks has been a wonderfully retro hangout. It will stay open a couple more months so Roadfooders will still be able to visit the site until April 1. Read the review on this site to capture even more of the flavor.

Goobzilla

• Total Posts: 43
    RE: Nick's Famous Coneys Due to Close in Portland Tue, 01/8/08 12:54 AM (permalink)
    Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Gotta get down there for one more meal, I love that place. Thanks for the tip mr chips.

buffetbuster

RE: Nick's Famous Coneys Due to Close in Portland Tue, 01/8/08 5:42 AM (permalink)
      Even though I have never been there, I am sorry to hear about the closing of Nick's for my Pac NW friends.

Is it me or has there been more Roadfood joints close or burn down in Oregon in the last few years than anywhere else?

wheregreggeats.com

RE: Nick's Famous Coneys Due to Close in Portland Tue, 01/8/08 7:08 AM (permalink)
        I often fly into Portland, climb into a rental car to drive to see my family in central, OR. My problem is that when I am in PDX, I always sneak over to Stanich's ... I'll have to break that habit next time and get to Nick's just once.

Thnx Mr Chips for the news flash.

mr chips

• Total Posts: 4715
          RE: Nick's Famous Coneys Due to Close in Portland Tue, 01/8/08 9:34 AM (permalink)
          quote:
          Originally posted by buffetbuster

Even though I have never been there, I am sorry to hear about the closing of Nick's for my Pac NW friends.

Is it me or has there been more Roadfood joints close or burn down in Oregon in the last few years than anywhere else?
          Something like 5 Oregon roadfood places mentioned in the last Sterns book have closed. 3 Oregon places reviewed on the website have closed or been removed.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com