No Logbook entries, no reviews, why?

Author
wallhd
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 435
2007/10/08 18:37:31 (permalink)

No Logbook entries, no reviews, why?

I realize that I probably live in a "glass house" and thus shouldn't throw stones, so to speak, but there have been no logbook entires since September 22, that's 17 days more or less. Neither have their been any new restaurant reviews for about three days.

Whats wrong? Have Roadfooders given up eating out or what?

Wally

9 Replies Related Threads

Voyageur
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 400
    RE: No Logbook entries, no reviews, why? 2007/10/10 01:52:37 (permalink)
    I'd love to write reviews of my favorite places for Roadfood.com, but don't feel comfortable hauling out a camera to take photos of the food and premises, as is required by Roadfood for publication.

Unless I dined at a place a number of times, I would never review it. And, as a "regular," I wouldn't want the owner and staff to know that I was a "food critic," as that would change the dining experience.

As for logbook entries, I'd love to join Roadfood Insider, needed to access the logbooks, and would do so in an instant, but refuse to use the only payment option PayPal for reasons I won't go into here.

David_NYC
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2165
    RE: No Logbook entries, no reviews, why? 2007/10/10 11:07:07 (permalink)
    Voyageur,

About a dozen times now, I've bought goods or services online without using PayPal. I privately mail the vendors and ask them if they will accept a US Postal Money Order, who they want me to make it payable to, and where to mail it. No one has ever turned me down. There is no risk or expense to the vendor, as any Post Ofice will cash the money order for them (with ID.) No chance of the vendor getting hit with a bum check fee. I've never been cheated, either. Maybe the vendors knew the Postal Inspectors would be after them for mail fraud if they cheated me.
    LegalLady
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 404
    RE: No Logbook entries, no reviews, why? 2007/10/10 12:25:34 (permalink)
    I too would join Roadfood Insider, but I will not use PayPal, I have excellent credit, several credit cards, and would be willing to do the Money Order thingie.

The Honorable & Honest Judge Jean
    aka LL
    ayersian
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 903
    RE: No Logbook entries, no reviews, why? 2007/10/11 22:51:03 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by wallhd

I realize that I probably live in a "glass house" and thus shouldn't throw stones, so to speak, but there have been no logbook entires since September 22, that's 17 days more or less. Neither have their been any new restaurant reviews for about three days.

Whats wrong? Have Roadfooders given up eating out or what?

Wally

Wally, this RFer has NOT given up eating! Finding the time to post reviews, however, is more difficult. I have about half a dozen unfinished reviews here, some with lousy pics that I may have to reshoot...but ultimately, when a review of mine gets bumped off the RF homepage, then I know it's time to crank out another. Some reviewers are more discerning than others, and I personally spend a great deal of time rewriting and editing mine before posting.

So many Roadfood places, so little time! Chris Ayers
    Voyageur
    Cheeseburger
    RE: No Logbook entries, no reviews, why? 2007/10/12 14:49:36 (permalink)
    Thank you your honor and David_NYC for your suggestions.

After receiving a very helpful response from Stephen Rushmore of the Roadfood.com staff regarding the technical aspects of Roadfood Insider for Mac users, I bit the bullet and signed up with PayPal. Wish me luck.

Hopefully, Roadfood will recognize the concerns of some prospective members not wishing to use PayPal and institute alternative payment methods.

Thank you again.
    David_NYC
    RE: No Logbook entries, no reviews, why? 2007/10/13 01:04:49 (permalink)
    Voyageur,

Just remember that you can use your credit card to pay another vendor who uses paypal as a payment processor by blowing away your cookies.
    Big Ugly Mich
    • Total Posts : 1302
    RE: No Logbook entries, no reviews, why? 2007/10/13 02:25:53 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by David_NYC Just remember that you can use your credit card to pay another vendor who uses paypal as a payment processor by blowing away your cookies.
    Seems to me there's a straight line in this post somewhere. . .
    David_NYC
    RE: No Logbook entries, no reviews, why? 2007/10/13 08:53:38 (permalink)
    Lets say you are a paypal member. You want to buy something from a vendor that uses paypal as a credit card processor, a vendor who does not have a credit card merchant account. You go to pay, and you get a screen telling you to log into your paypal account. Now, if you have never used paypal, and you want to buy something, you get another screen possibly inviting you to use your credit card, or another one telling you you have to open an account with paypal. But to get that screen, you have to blow away paypal cookies.
    Voyageur
    Cheeseburger
    RE: No Logbook entries, no reviews, why? 2007/10/13 10:13:33 (permalink)
    Thanks, David_NYC. I'll do that.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1