No Uno's in Beechmont anymore?

Author
Wallyum
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 627
2004/09/20 04:02:08 (permalink)

No Uno's in Beechmont anymore?

All four of us had a taste for Uno's this evening for dinner, so we headed to the Beechmont Avenue location, only to find it empty with a sign on the door thanking the community for the last 18 years and asking that we visit the downtown Cincinnati or Clifton locations. TJ, do you know anything about this? I thought they were committed to being a part of the new Kroger Lifestyle Center. I was so bummed. I was drooling at the thought of a Sea Delico all the way from Ft. Thomas. Say it ain't so!

16 Replies Related Threads

TJ Jackson
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4608
    RE: No Uno's in Beechmont anymore? 2004/09/20 08:31:51 (permalink)
    I am sorry for you to hear about this, Wally

The wife and I had been to Uno's twice about 4-5 years ago. The first time, it was bad. We went back for the second chance visit, and it was no better. Ergo, we never returned......

I recall seeing the sign out front (from beechmont, driving by) so I figured it would carry over, but no.....I had no idea they were going to close for good.

Anyway....go to Mios for your Chicago style pizza :-)
    Wallyum
    Double Cheeseburger
    RE: No Uno's in Beechmont anymore? 2004/09/20 23:53:05 (permalink)
    We started going to the Beechmont Uno's right after they opened apparently. The older sister of my wife's best friend dragged us there and made me try the Sea Delico. Until then I had been an avowed hater of seafood on pizzas, due to my years at Godfather's, but that pizza changed my mind. It's gone through good times and bad times from a quality standpoint, but we always returned, even after the occasional bad night. We ate there just before our son was born. Neither of us had had a beer in 9+ months, and we had to wait at the bar. I don't think I ever wanted a beer more than I did that night. Beechmont without Uno's. What's next, the Red's moving to Louisville?
    TJ Jackson
    Filet Mignon
    RE: No Uno's in Beechmont anymore? 2004/09/21 08:23:04 (permalink)
    Could be :-) I suspect the Riverbats would give them a heck of a game, at their current stage of deterioration.

I emailed Polly Campbell, she's going to look into the Uno's closure.

The one pizza I remember eating at Godfathers was an individual/lunch size pan with crab, which I recall was pretty darn good. This was at the Godfather's on Northland in the TriCountry area. Why didn't you like it?
    jmckee
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1193
    RE: No Uno's in Beechmont anymore? 2004/09/21 09:10:17 (permalink)
    Hmmmm. My understanding was that Uno's was going to be part of the "new" development there......Wonder if the huge new Kroger ended up squeezing them out?

I'm with you TJ. I love Mio's. We're planning an outing to the one at Eight Mile and Clough.

Have you tried Portobello's on Mt. Carmel-Tobasco?
    TJ Jackson
    Filet Mignon
    RE: No Uno's in Beechmont anymore? 2004/09/21 09:20:35 (permalink)
    Wally is a big, big fan of Portobellos, I've been there once and it was OK.

I mean to head there again because they generally have a really good coupon out in the monthly coupon mags like SupperShopper.

I had no idea they had a location at 8th and Clough - it isn't listed on the[url='http://www.miospizza.com']Mio's website[/url] - but I suppose that's their replacement for the store that became Portobellos.....

I'll post Campbell's reply if I get one, but I bet it is more likely it'll be in her friday Dining News column for the enquirer....
    Wallyum
    Double Cheeseburger
    RE: No Uno's in Beechmont anymore? 2004/09/22 00:34:21 (permalink)
    Well, let's say I'm a big fan after one visit to Portobello's, but I usually view places like that with a suspicious eye until I've had several good dining experiences. I also love Mio's, but they closed down the Ft. Thomas location a few years back.
    What did the Mio's at 8 Mile and Clough use to be? Isn't that odd for two of them to be that close?
    TJ Jackson
    Filet Mignon
    RE: No Uno's in Beechmont anymore? 2004/09/22 01:36:38 (permalink)
    I'm pretty sure the Mios at 8 Mile and Clough is in the brand new building that was just built maybe 6 months ago, tops
    Wallyum
    Double Cheeseburger
    RE: No Uno's in Beechmont anymore? 2004/09/22 02:31:46 (permalink)
    Good deal. The only thing I could ever say bad about a Mio's experience is the cold wind that blows through the dining room whenever someone opens the front door. It will be interesting to see if a purpose built building takes that out of play. Mt. Washington and Hyde Park both have this problem when the weather gets nasty.
    jmckee
    RE: No Uno's in Beechmont anymore? 2004/09/22 09:01:00 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by TJ Jackson

I'm pretty sure the Mios at 8 Mile and Clough is in the brand new building that was just built maybe 6 months ago, tops

This is a private board for Cincy folk, I think!

The Clough / 8 Mile Mio's is at the NW corner, in that new development that includes the "Catholic Peddler" store. Which in turn is no substitute for InnerVisions up on Beechmont, for any of the faithful who might be reading.

Wallyum
    Double Cheeseburger
    RE: No Uno's in Beechmont anymore? 2004/09/23 00:36:31 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by jmckee

quote:

The Clough / 8 Mile Mio's is at the NW corner, in that new development that includes the "Catholic Peddler" store. Which in turn is no substitute for InnerVisions up on Beechmont, for any of the faithful who might be reading.

Sounds like a big night out for my father in law. Have to keep that in mind. My wife usually braves the wilds of downtown and buys all of the church-related gifts from St. Francis' bookstore. Anderson Township is slightly less dangerous.
    jmckee
    RE: No Uno's in Beechmont anymore? 2004/09/24 11:38:47 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Wallyum

quote:

quote:

Sounds like a big night out for my father in law. Have to keep that in mind. My wife usually braves the wilds of downtown and buys all of the church-related gifts from St. Francis' bookstore. Anderson Township is slightly less dangerous.

I love St. Francis. We go on a Saturday and make a morning of it. St. Francis, St. Teresa's Textile Trove (my wife's favorite fabric store), and Findlay Market.
    Wallyum
    Double Cheeseburger
    RE: No Uno's in Beechmont anymore? 2004/09/27 01:48:01 (permalink)
    quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I love St. Francis. We go on a Saturday and make a morning of it. St. Francis, St. Teresa's Textile Trove (my wife's favorite fabric store), and Findlay Market.

My mom grew up down there and would make pocket money selling shopping bags at Findlay Market. It makes her nervous anymore, but I don't mind it. Last year before Christmas I drove down near her old street to take a picture of the steeple of her old church, which is all that remains of it. I got some surprised looks, but can't say I felt threatened.
    BTW, we ate at the Mio's in Hyde Park tonight for dinner. It was excellent as usual.
    Anyone know when Jeckyl's ceased to exist? (Pardon my spelling.)
    TJ Jackson
    Filet Mignon
    RE: No Uno's in Beechmont anymore? 2004/09/27 08:50:53 (permalink)
    Jeckyll's has been closed at least 2 years now, maybe 3.
    Wallyum
    Double Cheeseburger
    RE: No Uno's in Beechmont anymore? 2004/09/27 23:56:08 (permalink)
    (Heavy sigh.) Guess I don't get out as much as I used to. That's two I can take off my "always in reserve" list.
    jmckee
    RE: No Uno's in Beechmont anymore? 2004/09/29 15:06:09 (permalink)
    quote:

(Heavy sigh.) Guess I don't get out as much as I used to. That's two I can take off my "always in reserve" list.

*singing*
    "Missed the Saturday dance,
    la, da da, da dee door.
    la la la la da dee dummmmm.
    Don't get around much any more."
    Wallyum
    Double Cheeseburger
    RE: No Uno's in Beechmont anymore? 2004/09/30 00:33:43 (permalink)
    quote:

quote:

*singing*
    "Missed the Saturday dance,
    la, da da, da dee door.
    la la la la da dee dummmmm.
    Don't get around much any more."

Ah, yes. The classics always bring a tear to my eye.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1