North Wildwood NJ

Author
ChrisOC
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1024
2014/06/21 09:29:43 (permalink)

North Wildwood NJ

Ms OC and I decided to take a drive down the coast to grab a dog at Maui's Dog House.

Ms OC went for the Soprano, hotdog topped with spinach sautéed with wine and garlic, grated sharp provolone.

I went for the Dressed, Onions, mustard and chili.

The dogs here are great, and Maui and his wife Liz love to see everyone have a good time.
They have about twenty Hotdogs on the menu.
Purists beware, two of the dogs on the menu have ketchup on them!
check out Maui's in depth.  http://www.mauisdoghouse.com/mediapicturesourfav.html
PS--Sorry about the coloring in the photos.  We were under a yellow canopy and everything looked orange.

5 Replies Related Threads

leethebard
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6317
    Re:North Wildwood NJ 2014/06/21 10:43:44 (permalink)
    Heard great things about this place.Will get there...do you know what brand dog they use???
    ChrisOC
    Re:North Wildwood NJ 2014/06/21 10:58:11 (permalink)
    leethebard

Heard great things about this place.Will get there...do you know what brand dog they use???

They won't say, just that is a blend of beef, pork and veal.  Years ago I asked and was told they were special made.  If you watch their video you will see that they are very pale in color.
    mlm
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 243
    Re:North Wildwood NJ 2014/06/21 13:35:43 (permalink)
    I'm all for another great hot dog place in this world and I'm not a purist (have had ketchup on my hot dog many a time) but I can tell you one thing. I think we lost all the purists at the sight of that 'Soprano' dog! I certainly was surprised, obviously I'm way out of touch. Was it good? Does she like spinach on a hotdog or was it for the novelty? That chili looks awfully pale. 
    ChrisOC
    Re:North Wildwood NJ 2014/06/21 14:16:39 (permalink)
    Ms OC has the Soprano every time we go to Maui's.  That is the only time she has spinach on a hot dog.
    I had trouble with the lighting in my picture. there is a better shot of the dressed dog on Maui's homepage.  http://www.mauisdoghouse.com/
    The chili reminds me of Cincinnati chili
    Rookiecook
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 20
    Re:North Wildwood NJ 2014/06/21 16:14:50 (permalink)
    Years ago, my brother-in-law and I ordered "horsey-dogs," and though our eyes teared and noses ran, neither would cry uncle.  When they had a satellite store on boardwalk while his wife ran original spot, witnessed two Muslims return their dogs.  Owner confirmed pork may be in them, cheerfully refunded the money, and apologized,  to prove he's a class act for sure.  My sole food-poisoning bout ever was after a "shrimp burger" at Cape May's Ugly Mug.  Hell of a night!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1