The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Nosh's in Poughkeepsie

seafarer john

Nosh's in Poughkeepsie Wed, 04/8/09 11:26 AM (permalink)
We returned to "the Nosh"on Main street in Poughkeepsie yesterday to have a "Brooklyn chili dog" and a cold Dr Pepper. Much to my disappointment my two youngest grandchildren order "plain" hotdogs and proceeded to slather them in ketchup. Hopefully, they will grow up to become decent citizens although they are barbarians wandering in the wilderness now. My very sophisticated 16 year old granddaughter eschewed the hotdogs and ordered the Gyro which turned out to be very good. I had, as anticipated, to very spicy hot chili  dogs on sturdy rolls  - excellent!!

Our waitress, Julie, was a very competent friendly and sweet young woman who went out of her way to help the kids feel at home in a new restaurant. And she further amazed me when she refused my five dollar tip and insisted that one dollar was enough - she wound up, after a bit of back and forth, accepting three dollars for her tip. I left the place a little confused and embarrassed - five dollars tip on a thirty dollar tab  seems little enough to me when I get good efficient and friendly service.

Anybody else out there ever have their tip refused by a waitperson?  

Cheers, John 

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com