Nosh's in Poughkeepsie

Author
seafarer john
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3481
2009/04/08 11:26:56 (permalink)

Nosh's in Poughkeepsie

We returned to "the Nosh"on Main street in Poughkeepsie yesterday to have a "Brooklyn chili dog" and a cold Dr Pepper. Much to my disappointment my two youngest grandchildren order "plain" hotdogs and proceeded to slather them in ketchup. Hopefully, they will grow up to become decent citizens although they are barbarians wandering in the wilderness now. My very sophisticated 16 year old granddaughter eschewed the hotdogs and ordered the Gyro which turned out to be very good. I had, as anticipated, to very spicy hot chili  dogs on sturdy rolls  - excellent!!

Our waitress, Julie, was a very competent friendly and sweet young woman who went out of her way to help the kids feel at home in a new restaurant. And she further amazed me when she refused my five dollar tip and insisted that one dollar was enough - she wound up, after a bit of back and forth, accepting three dollars for her tip. I left the place a little confused and embarrassed - five dollars tip on a thirty dollar tab  seems little enough to me when I get good efficient and friendly service.

Anybody else out there ever have their tip refused by a waitperson?  

Cheers, John 

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1