The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Nudist Camps

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 47
chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6093
Nudist Camps Sat, 08/21/10 4:35 PM (permalink)
Anybody ever been to one? When I was a teen, a fantasy was to be walking thru the woods somewhere and discover one of these dens of naked women. I wonder what actually goes on at one of these "Sunworshipers" camps, if anything other than good clean, naked fun? Any thoughts?

the ancient mariner

• Total Posts: 3987
    Re:Nudist Camps Sat, 08/21/10 5:25 PM (permalink)
    CTF-------dreaming such dreams meant a trip to the Confessional on
    Saturday afternoon.  If the good NUNS, those who are responsible for making you the man you are today ( wow, we better investigate those nuns)----they
     seem to have been derelict in their job. 

Nudists are not as sexy as well dressed women----the greatest invention of the 20th century, in my mind, is the up-lift bra----an engineering feat of giant proportions.

boyardee65

• Total Posts: 1457
      Re:Nudist Camps Sat, 08/21/10 5:30 PM (permalink)
        I am a fan of the well dressed woman clad in lingerie vs. a totally nude woman. I believe that there is something to be said for selective coverage. I have never been to a nudist camp but have been to parties in my younger days where some of the people ran around nude. Not very sexy watching some naked girl puking her guts out.

David O.

mbrookes

• Total Posts: 1350
        Re:Nudist Camps Sat, 08/21/10 5:56 PM (permalink)
        In New Orleans in June I saw a whole bunch of nude people on bicycles. It seems that is some international celebration. Let me tell you, some of those (men and women) should have kept their clothes on!!! People over a certain age and over a certain BMI don't need to "let it all hang out." 

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17810
          Re:Nudist Camps Sat, 08/21/10 9:09 PM (permalink)
          I do my best to avoid wearing clothes. Fact is, unless I know someone is going to be coming tomy house, or if I'm going out somewhere, I never wear clothes. One of the nice things about having a rather private back yard is that I can sit around outside reading and not have to worry about being seen by anyone who might not approve.

6star

• Total Posts: 4388
            Re:Nudist Camps Sat, 08/21/10 9:12 PM (permalink)
            chewingthefat

When I was a teen, a fantasy was to be walking thru the woods somewhere and discover one of these dens of naked women.

I have never been to a nudist camp, but from what I've read, if you want to realize your teen-age fantasy, you would probably have a better chance by seeking out a nude beach (where the women are more likely to be tanned and fit and proud of their bodies).

The "Naturist Resorts" (PC for nudist camps) seem to be more family oriented (and I suppose therefore with the attitude that "looks" aren't very important), so are populated with at least as many overweight, scarred, or wrinkled bodies as there are fit and trim ones, just like what mbrooks described in the New Orleans celebration.

An interesting sidelight to this thread is that there are now three nudist summer camps for teens around the U.S., which is causing some controversy:
            http://www.cultureandfamily.org/articledisplay.asp?id=4218&department=CFI&categoryid=cfreport

Michael Hoffman

Re:Nudist Camps Sat, 08/21/10 9:21 PM (permalink)
              Bunch of fuddy-duddies!

mar52

• Total Posts: 7595
                Re:Nudist Camps Sat, 08/21/10 11:58 PM (permalink)
                I saw Fabian a couple of weeks ago and he said that he did a show at a nudist camp.

When he was in the elevator by himself going back up to his room, the elvator stopped on another floor and a totally nude woman got in the elevator with him.

He said that he didn't know what to do or say and when he finally said something to her it was....

"My wife has an outfit just like yours".

sizz

• Total Posts: 1682
                  Re:Nudist Camps Sun, 08/22/10 12:43 AM (permalink)
                   Who's the most popular man at a nudist camp? A. The one who can carry two cups of coffee and a dozen doughnuts.

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15059
                    • Roadfood Insider
                    Re:Nudist Camps Sun, 08/22/10 7:50 AM (permalink)
                    At the southern end of Cajon Pass, CA (my Mayordom) was/is a nudist camp that has been there for at least 65 years. I remember as a kid, my dad joking about the car breaking down and him having to go to the camp to get 'help'...that would have been in the early 1950's. The camp is right beside the BNSF mainline coming out of LA into the Pass. Thus twice a day passengers on Amtrak's Southwest Chief are treated to waving people , dressed in their SoCal 'Greeting Outfits,' as the train passes the camp.

Here it is--

joerogo

• Total Posts: 4463
                      Re:Nudist Camps Sun, 08/22/10 10:05 AM (permalink)
                      I knew we already discussed this topic before.  Check out this Thread, go to MiamiDon's post(#42) and open the link.

This should cure Chewy's curiosity

chewingthefat

Re:Nudist Camps Sun, 08/22/10 11:15 AM (permalink)
                        mar52

I saw Fabian a couple of weeks ago and he said that he did a show at a nudist camp.

When he was in the elevator by himself going back up to his room, the elvator stopped on another floor and a totally nude woman got in the elevator with him.

He said that he didn't know what to do or say and when he finally said something to her it was....

"My wife has an outfit just like yours".

LOL!

saps

• Total Posts: 1551
                          Re:Nudist Camps Sun, 08/22/10 5:49 PM (permalink)
                          Michael Hoffman

I do my best to avoid wearing clothes. Fact is, unless I know someone is going to be coming tomy house, or if I'm going out somewhere, I never wear clothes. One of the nice things about having a rather private back yard is that I can sit around outside reading and not have to worry about being seen by anyone who might not approve.

I'll start hiding the sheep.

Michael Hoffman

Re:Nudist Camps Sun, 08/22/10 5:51 PM (permalink)
                            You do that.

Nancypalooza

• Total Posts: 3778
                              Re:Nudist Camps Sun, 08/22/10 5:59 PM (permalink)
                              /walks in the room long enough to say I'm never going to a nudist camp with any of you people, and walks right back out.

chewingthefat

Re:Nudist Camps Sun, 08/22/10 6:22 PM (permalink)
                                saps

Michael Hoffman

I'll start hiding the sheep.

You have naked sheep???

saps

Re:Nudist Camps Sun, 08/22/10 6:30 PM (permalink)
                                  People would start talking if I dressed them up.

sizz

Re:Nudist Camps Mon, 08/23/10 12:59 AM (permalink)
                                    saps

"Mutton makes men macho,"said Saps sheepishly 

saps

Re:Nudist Camps Mon, 08/23/10 1:12 AM (permalink)
                                      sizz

saps

Sheep lie.

the ancient mariner

Re:Nudist Camps Mon, 08/23/10 8:33 AM (permalink)
                                        My problem with nudity is the people who would look good naked don't
                                        do it and those who do----SHOULDN'T.

When I was 6-3 and 190 it might have been ok
                                        Now that I am 6-1 1/2 and 210 I have removed all the
                                        full length mirrors in the house.  And, all but one of the little ones.

kozel

• Total Posts: 810
                                          Re:Nudist Camps Mon, 08/23/10 9:36 AM (permalink)
                                          What I find interesting is the location of some of these 'camps'.  Apparently many started in the 1930's when the concept started. The acknowledged first one in the US is Sky Farm in Liberty Corner NJ.  It's still there surrounded by corporate parks, housing developments and the NJ National Golf course

http://tinyurl.com/2fuex36

You can find a link to state by state directories here. They list camps  (landed) and groups that travel.

http://aanr.com

Lastly, no I haven't been; just curious.

chewingthefat

Re:Nudist Camps Mon, 08/23/10 12:58 PM (permalink)
                                            the ancient mariner

Saturday afternoon.  If the good NUNS, those who are responsible for making you the man you are today ( wow, we better investigate those nuns)----they

Nudists are not as sexy as well dressed women----the greatest invention of the 20th century, in my mind, is the up-lift bra----an engineering feat of giant proportions.

Ancient one, it was 10 Our Fathers, 10 Hail Marys every week... of course I went to the Spanish Priest, who didn't speak English well, less worry on my part!
                                            BTW, try convincing a 13 yr. old boy of your last paragraph, LOL!!
                                            <message edited by chewingthefat on Mon, 08/23/10 1:00 PM>

chewingthefat

Re:Nudist Camps Mon, 08/23/10 1:04 PM (permalink)
                                              saps

sizz

saps

Sheep lie.

Only when given too much Vodka!

chewingthefat

Re:Nudist Camps Mon, 08/23/10 1:05 PM (permalink)
                                                saps

Don't try to go Bo Peep on me!

Michael Hoffman

Re:Nudist Camps Mon, 08/23/10 1:07 PM (permalink)
                                                  chewingthefat

the ancient mariner

Hell, try convincing me.

chewingthefat

Re:Nudist Camps Mon, 08/23/10 1:27 PM (permalink)
                                                    Michael Hoffman

chewingthefat

the ancient mariner

Hell, try convincing me.

LOL...me too!

Michael Hoffman

Re:Nudist Camps Mon, 08/23/10 1:50 PM (permalink)

sizz

• Location: San Jose, CA
                                                        Re:Nudist Camps Mon, 08/23/10 2:56 PM (permalink)
                                                        mayor al

Here it is--

Al ....what gives??  I called that number on the bottom of the sign and they put me on "hold it"

the ancient mariner

• Location: st petersburg, florida
                                                          Re:Nudist Camps Mon, 08/23/10 3:40 PM (permalink)
                                                          yOU GENTLEMEN-----ctf AND mh----MUST HAVE MISSED OUT ON ONE OF THE WORLD'S GREATEST TREASURES---IMAGINATION----

Oh. excuse please, horrible Gentlemen,  I didn't know the caps were doing their thing.  Looking at the keyboard while typing with two fingers----I look up after the fact------ and sometimes it's too late to erase and start over.  Depends on who I expect to read this momentous post. 

When it all hangs out there is no imagination in sight-----just a lot of blob in most cases.  And, pray tell, who needs blob?  

Are you the guys with the sun glasses making believe you're not peeking--------if you saw anything worth while your glasses would steam up and you would be betrayed.

chewingthefat

• Joined: 11/22/2007
                                                            • Location: Emmitsburg, Md.
                                                            Re:Nudist Camps Mon, 08/23/10 5:02 PM (permalink)
                                                            the ancient mariner

yOU GENTLEMEN-----ctf AND mh----MUST HAVE MISSED OUT ON ONE OF THE WORLD'S GREATEST TREASURES---IMAGINATION----

Oh. excuse please, horrible Gentlemen,  I didn't know the caps were doing their thing.  Looking at the keyboard while typing with two fingers----I look up after the fact------ and sometimes it's too late to erase and start over.  Depends on who I expect to read this momentous post. 

When it all hangs out there is no imagination in sight-----just a lot of blob in most cases.  And, pray tell, who needs blob?  

Are you the guys with the sun glasses making believe you're not peeking--------if you saw anything worth while your glasses would steam up and you would be betrayed.

O Ancient it's usually 2 blobs, and 1 bolb, next cames the imagination wish list!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 47

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com