"O'Charley's" Knoxville, TN

Author
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 13477
2003/09/23 07:49:08 (permalink)

"O'Charley's" Knoxville, TN

The chain "O'Charley's" chain has a serious problem with a major Hepatitus A outbreak in Knoxville. 42 confirmed cases have been diagnosed. The health department stayed open all week end administering better than 5,000 injections to those who ate there during a two week window.

Hep A is not fatal but will make you sicker than a dog. It can cause liver damage.

The exact cause has not been ascertained but most likely it came from poor handwashing techniques from an infected employee.

O'Charley's has 203 restaurants located mostly east of the Mississippi River and operate another 74 restaurants called "Ninety Nine"

I have eaten at "O'Charley's" many times and their food is good. At one restaurant their technique is not.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

1 Reply Related Threads

Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13477
    RE: "O'Charley's" Knoxville, TN 2003/09/24 19:11:03 (permalink)
    Updated on O'Charleys:

57 confirmed cases of Hep A and 5400 injections given.

Such are the dangers of eating at any buffet, salad or any uncooked food.

These dangers exist because of improper handwashing techniques. this can happen to any restaurant.

My opinion is that if you ever observe any enmployee at a restaurant working without gloves, get out. Do not worry about the opinion of people observing you leaving. If I observe any employee working with food without gloves, I call their hand, managements hand and their web site if there is one.

Do not endanger your family. If you get it, more than likely they will.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1