Ocean County NJ Mini Tour (pics)

Author
John Sagi
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 146
2008/10/08 20:55:35 (permalink)

Ocean County NJ Mini Tour (pics)

Didn't have much time today and Ocean County has many roadside vendors. I believe that we have in ocean county, a Hotdogger Bermuda Triangle. If the center of the triangle was Route 70 and Cedar Bridge Avenue you have possibly 7 vendors. On Cedar Bridge going towards Lakewood you have Hooleys Hot Dogs. Down the road you have Mickey's I and Mickey's II. On Route 70 you have Five Guys, then on Route 549 near Cedar Bridge I was told there are 2 pushcarts across from each other. Next is Cedar Bridge going toward Point Pleasant you have Frankie's Franks near corner of Old Hooper Ave and Cedar Bridge Avenue. Oops forget down Old Hooper Avenue is Boardwalk Hot Dogs.

You have to remember this isn't a town where you walk to where you to go. You have to drive when ever you need to go anywhere.

I only had time for Hooley's Hot Dogs today. Had 2 with chili and dark mustard. Their Hot Dog Chili is homemade with a Sabrett Hot Dog and a fresh bun.

Down the road on Cedar Bridge Avenue from route 70 you have Mickey's I, they are known for their hot onion sauce Sabrett Hot Dog and homemade chili.

Further down the road make a left on New Hampshire to the corner of Pine Street you have Mickey's II known for his unique Italian Hot Dog and Philly Cheese Steak.

If we go back to Route 70 you have Five Guys - Habitat Plaza - 588 Route 70. They have a good quality hot dog but seems their main concern is their hamburgers.

On Route 549 Hooper Avenue I've heard there are 2 pushcart vendors. I was late today, at 3pm they were gone. I believe one was call Sue's Hot Dogs. If I Find any new information I post it.

Let us take Cedar Bridge Avenue near the corner of Old Hooper Avenue we have Frankie's Franks - Frankies has been at the same location for 25 years. Their Hot Dog Chili is homemade with a Sabrett Hot Dog.

The last place is Boardwalk Hot Dogs - 143 Drum Point Road Brick, NJ.
A good quality hot dog, I believe 1/4lb hot dog with a tastee chili.

Please feel free to add or correct the above.

John

10 Replies Related Threads

leethebard
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6189
    RE: Ocean County NJ Mini Tour (pics) 2008/10/08 22:49:50 (permalink)
    Hi John...I think Boardwalk Hot Dogs has changed owners lately...at least the couple working there are different from the ones I remember...still the same Schikhaus hot dog...great and a great crisp roll!!!...the lady behind Frankies franks used to be my son's scout leader years and years ago...nice lady..nice hot dog...yes, around Brick alone so many places...another hot dog shop down Mantoloking road serving Sabrett dogs...so many to choose from, a true hot dog paradise!!!Boardwalk is my favorite...love those Schikhaus!
    John A
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4295
    RE: Ocean County NJ Mini Tour (pics) 2008/10/10 10:18:25 (permalink)
    Very nice, a different dog every day Thanks for the trip
    DPuro329
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 406
    RE: Ocean County NJ Mini Tour (pics) 2008/10/10 21:33:00 (permalink)
    Hi John,
    I'm in that area all the time for work. The other day I passed a Sabrett cart called "Lil' Little's" (I think that was the name) on Brick Blvd. There's also Fletcher's Franks on Mantoloking Road down the street from Frankie's. Fletcher's has only been there maybe a month. I stopped by and had a dog, I thought it was pretty good. The owner is a young guy who is in business with his grandfather. His grandfather was the original owner of Frankie's down the street, he passed the business to his son and then his son sold it to the present owner. The grandson (I forget his name) now owns Fletcher's. When it opened it was called the Original Frankie's for a few weeks but now changed the name. And both trailers have banners pseudo fighting with each other. (Frankie's saying "beware of imitators, in the same spot for 25 years" and Fletcher's saying something like owned by the original owners from down the street. There is also J & G Hut also on Mantoloking Road but further east towards Bayhead. I haven't eaten there yet, but plan on it soon. It was previously called Bigge's Roadhouse, but I noticed the name change a few weeks ago.

Dave
    John Sagi
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Ocean County NJ Mini Tour (pics) 2008/10/11 15:17:29 (permalink)
    Thanks Dave
    I'll check it out and get pictures.
    Looks like were having a real family feud.

John
    John Sagi
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Ocean County NJ Mini Tour (pics) 2008/10/14 22:21:51 (permalink)
    Did some investigating of the triangle I must say (do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do) As for the 2 push carts on Brick Boulevard. I stopped at Sue's Hot Dogs and the man running the place didn't seem to be interested in talking. I tried to give him free advertising, he wasn't interested, so I didn't get to try his hot dogs. The push cart on the other side on Brick Boulevard was gone buy 2:45PM.

I talked to both Frankies Franks and Fletchers Franks, I believe it's best left saying
    1. They are both completely seperate businesses.
    2. Their homemade chili is NOT the same, tasted both they're completely different.

As for Boardwalk Hot Dogs, they are the same owners and I got a picture of their Italian Hot Dog.(above)
    They offer a foot long Schickhaus Griddled Hot Dog with peppers, onions and potatos.

leethebard
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6189
    RE: Ocean County NJ Mini Tour (pics) 2008/10/15 06:48:29 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by John Sagi

Did some investigating of the triangle I must say (do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do) As for the 2 push carts on Brick Boulevard. I stopped at Sue's Hot Dogs and the man running the place didn't seem to be interested in talking. I tried to give him free advertising, he wasn't interested, so I didn't get to try his hot dogs. The push cart on the other side on Brick Boulevard was gone buy 2:45PM.

I talked to both Frankies Franks and Fletchers Franks, I believe it's best left saying
    1. They are both completely seperate businesses.
    2. Their homemade chili is NOT the same, tasted both they're completely different.

As for Boardwalk Hot Dogs, they are the same owners and I got a picture of their Italian Hot Dog.(above)
    They offer a foot long Schickhaus Griddled Hot Dog with peppers, onions and potatos.

Glad to know they're the same owners...had an Italian hot dog there with my son...and thank goodness IT was definitely the same as I remember it...still my favorite place!!!!!
    foobuc
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 150
    RE: Ocean County NJ Mini Tour (pics) 2008/10/18 22:23:31 (permalink)
    not sure if it is good or bad but i have eaten at one time or another at all of the listed except for the "newer" Frankie's/Fletchers and Mickey's II. I grew up in Ocean County from 1969-2002 and still am in the Brick area on Wednesdays. I dig variety!!!!
    John Sagi
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Ocean County NJ Mini Tour (pics) 2008/10/22 01:44:25 (permalink)
    I finally got to stop at the new HD Cart on Brick Boulevard South, Brick, NJ.

Little Lil's Hot Dogs
    The reason I kept missing him was that Brick only allows 8 Hot Dog Vendor licenses. He has a temp license which allows only 2 hours a day. He's there from 12 noon to 2 pm. Monday thru Friday.

He has Sabretts naturnal casting hot dogs. Also Sabrett onion sauce and chili. The Sabrett umbrella comes up quick so you have watch carefully.

DPuro329
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Ocean County NJ Mini Tour (pics) 2008/10/22 19:24:03 (permalink)
    John,
    That would explain why I always seem to keep missing him too. You didn't mention how his dogs were though, was it a "my mom always said if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all" situation or were they good?

Dave
    DPuro329
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Ocean County NJ Mini Tour (pics) 2008/10/27 21:59:43 (permalink)
    Ok I'll answer my own question about Little Lil's. Chili has beans...nuff said

Dave
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1